Middlebrooks and Bogaerts at AAA Pawtucket

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Middlebrooks and Bogaerts at AAA Pawtucket

Middlebrooks' posses so much raw power it would be stupid to trade him right now, while his value is at an all-time low.

He needs to shorten and simplify his swing.  I hope he's working on this in AAA.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hes still under .260 I believe. Beside one 2 hr, 8rbi game hess been rather mediocre. Of course I wouldnt give up on him, but in now way is he close to coming back to Boston. Its possible we dont see him until sept.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Hes still under .260 I believe. Beside one 2 hr, 8rbi game hess been rather mediocre. Of course I wouldnt give up on him, but in now way is he close to coming back to Boston. Its possible we dont see him until sept.

I hope the low batting average is because he's working on shortening his swing.  I think he needs to seriously refine his approach.  If not, a Mark Reynolds-esque career lies ahead.  As I said in another thread, Id be interested in trading for a one year 3B stop gap.  Someone like Aramis Ramirez (if his contract is out at the end of this year).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Or Micheal Young...Whatever happened to those talks?  I'd give up a Brentz/Britton or Brentz/Workman type package for Young.

You know you are going to get .280/.350/.430 out of Young.  And he can move around the diamond.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Or Micheal Young...Whatever happened to those talks?  I'd give up a Brentz/Britton or Brentz/Workman type package for Young.

You know you are going to get .280/.350/.430 out of Young.  And he can move around the diamond.

I think thats way too much for 2 months of Young. Hes not worth that. No way.
    Young has no power and his defense stinks. I dont think hes the answer or a big enough upgrade to warrant giving up 2 prospects for... Personally, I think Drew at SS and Iggy at 3b is better than having Young. Id worry about Young being in a utility role and having an attitude too. Holt and Snyder seem to be doing just fine in that UI role.

Im hoping the same thing with WMB and that the low BA is because of working on the adjustments needed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I hope the low batting average is because he's working on shortening his swing.  I think he needs to seriously refine his approach.  If not, a Mark Reynolds-esque career lies ahead.  As I said in another thread, Id be interested in trading for a one year 3B stop gap.  Someone like Aramis Ramirez (if his contract is out at the end of this year).

The Red Sox will be fortunate if Will Middlebrooks has a "Mark Reynolds-esque career." Reynolds may well be Middlebrooks' ceiling. Middlebrooks and Reynolds had comparable rookie seasons, but Reynolds never experienced the severe sophomore slump that has plagued Middlebrooks.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Middy looked great last night, no problems throwing to first.  He made a great off balance one handed throw to first which does not get any better.  Hopefully he will get back to Fenway soon.

So far he is at .267/.818. Not bad for the minors, but with those numbers thats where he will stay for a long long time. I am not sure we will see WMB back with the Red Sox this year. He has a lot to work on.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I think thats way too much for 2 months of Young. Hes not worth that. No way.
    Young has no power and his defense stinks. I dont think hes the answer or a big enough upgrade to warrant giving up 2 prospects for... Personally, I think Drew at SS and Iggy at 3b is better than having Young. Id worry about Young being in a utility role and having an attitude too. Holt and Snyder seem to be doing just fine in that UI role.

Im hoping the same thing with WMB and that the low BA is because of working on the adjustments needed.

I agree--Brock Holt is doing very well at 3 B---WMB can stay in AAA until Sept. Watching the BoxScores he may  have to go to AA--I don't know whether he understands why he's been demoted. It's almost like Melancon last season being sent to AAA. He now understands it was time well spent. Look at what he's doing now for the Pirates in set-up, less than a 1.00 ERA.

WMB could wind up a really good player but he needs to ask for help.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

I hope the low batting average is because he's working on shortening his swing.  I think he needs to seriously refine his approach.  If not, a Mark Reynolds-esque career lies ahead.  As I said in another thread, Id be interested in trading for a one year 3B stop gap.  Someone like Aramis Ramirez (if his contract is out at the end of this year).

The Red Sox will be fortunate if Will Middlebrooks has a "Mark Reynolds-esque career." Reynolds may well be Middlebrooks' ceiling. Middlebrooks and Reynolds had comparable rookie seasons, but Reynolds never experienced the severe sophomore slump that has plagued Middlebrooks.

Did Reynolds have to recover from a broken wrist also?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Middlebrooks' last 10 games in Pawtucket, he's batting .175, no extra base hits, 2 RBI's and an OPS of .389.  If he's still in the organization, he won't be back in Boston until September, if then.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts