Middlebrooks, Cook, Tazawa lead PawSox in win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Middlebrooks, Cook, Tazawa lead PawSox in win

Middlebrooks leads PawSox in win

Updated: Saturday, 14 Apr 2012, 5:40 AM EDT
    Published : Saturday, 14 Apr 2012, 5:40 AM EDT

A three run homer by Will Middlebrooks in the sixth inning was the difference as the PawSox topped the Red Wings 4-3 on Friday night in Rochester.

Trailing 3-1, Jose Iglesias walked and Daniel Nava was hit by a pitch to set the stage for Middlebrooks. Carlos Gutierrez surrendered the blast and took the loss to fall to 1-1.

Alex Hassan, who was 0-17 this season, registered his first three hits of the year. Hassan was a last minute addition to the lineup, when Che Hsuan Lin was scratched.

Aaron Cook was a winner for the second straight outing. Cook (2-0) allowed 3 runs (2 earned), fanning three. Junichi Tazawa had a stellar relief appearance. Tazawa struck out 4 in two scoreless innings of relief.

Clayton Mortensen was equally effective out of the bullpen, earning the save with a pair of shutout innings.Mortensen struck out three. The PawSox bullpen has not given up a run in 19 and a third innings.

The PawSox took two of three in the series to improve to 5-4 for the year. The club heads west to Buffalo for a two game series that begins on Saturday afternoon at 1:05 p.m. Alex Wilson (0-0, 1.80) faces lefty Garrett Olson of the Bisons (0-0, 1.50).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Middlebrooks, Cook, Tazawa lead PawSox in win

should we switch bullpens with the pawsox?...lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think Tazawa is a guy to keep an eye on. He has kind of flown under the radar. He has a decent fastball and an excellent breaking ball. He could start or relieve.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Middlebrooks, Cook, Tazawa lead PawSox in win:
    [QUOTE]Middlebrooks leads PawSox in win Updated: Saturday, 14 Apr 2012, 5:40 AM EDT Published : Saturday, 14 Apr 2012, 5:40 AM EDT A three run homer by Will Middlebrooks in the sixth inning was the difference as the PawSox topped the Red Wings 4-3 on Friday night in Rochester. Trailing 3-1, Jose Iglesias walked and Daniel Nava was hit by a pitch to set the stage for Middlebrooks. Carlos Gutierrez surrendered the blast and took the loss to fall to 1-1. Alex Hassan, who was 0-17 this season, registered his first three hits of the year. Hassan was a last minute addition to the lineup, when Che Hsuan Lin was scratched. Aaron Cook was a winner for the second straight outing. Cook (2-0) allowed 3 runs (2 earned), fanning three. Junichi Tazawa had a stellar relief appearance. Tazawa struck out 4 in two scoreless innings of relief. Clayton Mortensen was equally effective out of the bullpen, earning the save with a pair of shutout innings.Mortensen struck out three. The PawSox bullpen has not given up a run in 19 and a third innings. The PawSox took two of three in the series to improve to 5-4 for the year. The club heads west to Buffalo for a two game series that begins on Saturday afternoon at 1:05 p.m. Alex Wilson (0-0, 1.80) faces lefty Garrett Olson of the Bisons (0-0, 1.50).
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

Its great to see Cook pitching well but I think Tazawa has been another bust for the club since signing.   He has never showed us anything at the major league level.  I like what Franklin Morales has done for us since coming to Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: Middlebrooks, Cook, Tazawa lead PawSox in win:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Middlebrooks, Cook, Tazawa lead PawSox in win : Its great to see Cook pitching well but I think Tazawa has been another bust for the club since signing.   He has never showed us anything at the major league level.  I like what Franklin Morales has done for us since coming to Boston.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

you do realize he missed a lot of time with TJ surgery

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Middlebrooks, Cook, Tazawa lead PawSox in win": [QUOTE]In Response to Middlebrooks, Cook, Tazawa lead PawSox in win : Its great to see Cook pitching well but I think Tazawa has been another bust for the club since signing.   He has never showed us anything at the major league level.  I like what Franklin Morales has done for us since coming to Boston. Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE] A bust? He missed a huge chuck of time with Tommy John and has basically signed out of college. If anything other than the TJ he has been better than advertised.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As dad would say.......  "Son, you build an organization from the foundation up" !!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]I think Tazawa is a guy to keep an eye on. He has kind of flew under the radar. He has a decent fastball and an excellent breaking ball. He could start or relieve.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

You could say the same thing about Mortensen, who came over the the Scutaro trade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Middlebrooks, Cook, Tazawa lead PawSox in win : you do realize he missed a lot of time with TJ surgery
    Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE]

Yes I have followed his career from the start.  I just have yet to see anything at the major league level when brought up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Middlebrooks, Cook, Tazawa lead PawSox in win": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Middlebrooks, Cook, Tazawa lead PawSox in win : Yes I have followed his career from the start.  I just have yet to see anything at the major league level when brought up. Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE] Except when he pitched 8 shutout innings against NYY in 2010.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Tazawa has actually been pretty good, just missed a lot of time.  I think he is significant pitching depth to have this year.  I also think he is probably best used exclusively as a reliever...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Will Middlebrooks stroked another three-run homer on Saturday:

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2012_04_14_pawaaa_bufaaa_1

I hope Middlebrooks erases my doubts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Will Middlebrooks stroked another three-run homer on Saturday: http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2012_04_14_pawaaa_bufaaa_1 I hope Middlebrooks erases my doubts.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

He needs a whole year at AAA regardless.  He only had 56 at bats there at the start of this year.