Middlebrooks frustrations erupt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Middlebrooks frustrations erupt

Middlebrooks is not a phenom. He may not even be major league material.

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He was never considered a "phenom", but a very promising young 3b prospect.

Still is considered a promising young 3bman.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to ms-obstinate99's comment:

Things appear to keep getting worse for Will Middlebrooks.

According to Joe McDonald of ESPN Boston, the third baseman was ejected from Wednesday's PawSox game after striking out in the bottom of the third inning. Middlebrooks struck then swinging, then reportedly slammed his bat and helmet to the ground and made a comment to the umpire before being tossed from the game. 

That was only part of a rough, though very brief, day for Middlebrooks. He also committed an error at third base earlier in the game. 

The Red Sox opted to call up Brock Holt instead of Middlebrooks after Jose Iglesias was traded as part of the deal to bring Jake Peavy to Boston, which left Middlebrooks in the starting lineup for Wednesday's game. However, the season has not been kind to a player who was considered a phenom at one point in his rookie season with the Red Sox last year.

It appears the frustration is getting to him.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/red-sox-talk/report-middlebrooks-ejected-pawsox-game

Middy needs accept and go through these growing pains if he ever intends on having a big league career.  I know a lot of fans like Holt but he isn't the answer long term either in my opinion. 

A decent utility guy maybe but I don't see him as an every day player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ms-obstinate99's comment:

Things appear to keep getting worse for Will Middlebrooks.

According to Joe McDonald of ESPN Boston, the third baseman was ejected from Wednesday's PawSox game after striking out in the bottom of the third inning. Middlebrooks struck then swinging, then reportedly slammed his bat and helmet to the ground and made a comment to the umpire before being tossed from the game. 

That was only part of a rough, though very brief, day for Middlebrooks. He also committed an error at third base earlier in the game. 

The Red Sox opted to call up Brock Holt instead of Middlebrooks after Jose Iglesias was traded as part of the deal to bring Jake Peavy to Boston, which left Middlebrooks in the starting lineup for Wednesday's game. However, the season has not been kind to a player who was considered a phenom at one point in his rookie season with the Red Sox last year.

It appears the frustration is getting to him.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/red-sox-talk/report-middlebrooks-ejected-pawsox-game

Understandable
    But, that's not going to help his cause much.

You can't give the club additional reasons to keep you in AAA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

And Bogaerts is 2 for 3 with a double raising his average to .281.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

What happened to that idea that we like players to show emotion ? 

Stabbed by Foulke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

I slammed my bat down last week when I hit a fly to right that I knew was routine. Swung at a pitch I knew I shouldnt have. Of course, I didnt cuss the umpire, but still.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

agreed. Who gives a crap what these so called message board experts say anyway. Middlebrooks can and will succeed in the big leagues.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

I have no issue with what he did. Hes had a hard year and Im surprised it took this long for a mini meltdown. He'll be fine. Back at it tomorrow now that hes finally got it out of his syatem.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I think this is a mis-read.  Middlebrooks has been working very hard at cutting down his strikeouts and improving his on-base percentage, and the fact that there have been 21Ks in this game through six innings might suggest that the umpire's strike zone is a bit liberal.  Frustration, yes, but maybe more at the umpire getting in the way Middlebrooks working the counts more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

BTW DG, Im surprised every one of your posts arent "removed" because your signature line seems to "condone violence" towards St. Louis Cardinals players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Calm down, take a deep breath !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

I think this is a mis-read.  Middlebrooks has been working very hard at cutting down his strikeouts and improving his on-base percentage, and the fact that there have been 21Ks in this game through six innings might suggest that the umpire's strike zone is a bit liberal.  Frustration, yes, but maybe more at the umpire getting in the way Middlebrooks working the counts more.

great info.

he's fired up = he's into it.  i like it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Showing emotion does not mean a player will make it. It means nothing. Middlebrooks has to prove he can make it by his performance. So far, he hasn't.

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

BTW DG, Im surprised every one of your posts arent "removed" because your signature line seems to "condone violence" towards St. Louis Cardinals players.

They actually removed the Lavarnway joke thread. While I don't condone violence, even towards the Cardinals, I did feel like throwing something when Iglesias was dealt. Surprisingly, I have never been banned. Ignored, yes. Blasted, yes. But never banned. I will have to try and be more controversial. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Middlebrooks always strikes me as a pretty mature and level-headed kid, judging by all the comments I've seen/heard from him. I chalk this up to a bad day on his part.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duffie33. Show Duffie33's posts

Middlebrooks is 24 and we have seen the potential - it is far from over for him 

Sections
Shortcuts