Middlebrooks Has Broken Right Wrist...Valencia Called Up...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Middlebrooks Has Broken Right Wrist...Valencia Called Up...

A Rod deja vu all over again...Perhaps a double curse on both teams this year???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Re: Middlebrooks Has Broken Right Wrist...Valencia Called Up...

This might be one of the toughest hits the Red Sox have taken yet...Especially with a tough Orioles series awaiting....That kid is SUCH an offensive threat...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Can the Yankee fans here at least give Sox fans a little breathing room where we can talk about our team's injuries without Yankee fans starting the threads linking it to the Yankees? Is that really too much to ask?

We have a Yankee troll starting game threads, and now you're here starting a thread about Middlebrooks injury and linking it to the Yankees. Do you really believe that Sox fans wouldn't know about Middlebrooks if you didn't tell us? Of course not.

It's a little oppressive on a Sox forum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

There has NEVER been a Red Sox -Yankee season when both teams had such an interminable string of injuries...I think it is safe to say now that the Red Sox bad luck trumps the Yankee injury woes...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I thought that Bogaerts was not yet major league ready, softy...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Well, I was one of those early posters who said that the RS would lament letting Scutaro go, so I am with you on the Aviles defense...But I never knew that kid Ciriaco would be waiting in the wings...But if its not Bogaerts, then who will end up playing third..?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Middlebrooks Has Broken Right Wrist...Valencia Called Up...:
    Can the Yankee fans here at least give Sox fans a little breathing room where we can talk about our team's injuries without Yankee fans starting the threads linking it to the Yankees? Is that really too much to ask? We have a Yankee troll starting game threads, and now you're here starting a thread about Middlebrooks injury and linking it to the Yankees. Do you really believe that Sox fans wouldn't know about Middlebrooks if you didn't tell us? Of course not. It's a little oppressive on a Sox forum.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Kim,

Keep it together girl.  Red Sox fans get pizzed off!  They don't sound like desperate little girls!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In Response to Re: Middlebrooks Has Broken Right Wrist...Valencia Called Up... : Kim, Keep it together girl.  Red Sox fans get pizzed off!  They don't sound like desperate little girls!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog
    To be brutally honest, dirtdog, if the Yankees were being hit by the same killer karma that seems to  be hovering over the Red Sox like that old Roger Angell New England Calvinist cloud of self-doubt, I would be right behind Bill....On my knees, fighting back a few tears, and wondering how many other desperate little Yankee fans are in the queue behind me... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

I hope it's not a bad break get well soon Will.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Even if it is not a bad break, London, I doubt theRed Sox will risk his future and bring him back in 4 or 5 weeks..It is admittedly all speculation now, but broken wrist injuries usually take a minimum of 6-8 weeks and often longer to heal...Remember Werth? He was out close to three months...As much as I am a diehard Yankee fan, it really is ridiculous the way the Red Sox seem cursed this year with the injury bug...I wonder if this might not be be the final fatal blow to their season, especially with a re-enegized O's team looking to beat up on them at Camden Yards next week...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Middlebrooks Has Broken Right Wrist...Valencia Called Up... : Kim, Keep it together girl.  Red Sox fans get pizzed off!  They don't sound like desperate little girls!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

Greenpartycelts aka Teilhardian aka caseycw, which are his original names, is not a Red Sox fan. He's a Yankee fan. Ask him. And now he's a Yankee fan with three different names.

I realize it would be an easier if he said so somewhere in his profile or on his posts, but some of the Yankee fans here don't want to do that. And, no, I don't believe we needed a Yankee fan to start a thread on Middlebrooks' devastating injury linking it to the Yankees who couldn't possible compare being they're in a very different position.

And yes, some of the Yankee fans are a little overwhelming here. I don't believe that's the case with Sox fans on Yankee boards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

LET THE DANNY VALENCIA ERA BEGIN!!!!!!!

Rico Petrucelli
    Butch Hobson
    Carney Lansford
    Wade Boggs
    Scott Cooper
    Tim Naehring
    Shea Hillenbrand
    Billy Mueller
    Mike Lowell
    Adrian Beltre
    Kevin Youkilis
    Will Middlebrooks

and now, Danny Valencia?

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.............

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

MINUS BAD LUCK, this team would have none... so i must give BC some major pre-emptive props in having valencia already available. imagine trying to make a trade at this time for a replacement? or god forbid having the punto play everyday at 3rd instead.... i agreee now with this TRADE for velencia.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

MINUS BAD LUCK, this team would have none... so i must give BC some major pre-emptive props in having valencia already available. imagine trying to make a trade at this time for a replacement? or god forbid having the punto play everyday at 3rd instead.... i agreee now with this TRADE for velencia.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

A trade?  It's not like this team was one trade away from making the playoffs........

And I do not believe in bad luck.  It wasn't bad luck when Andrew Bailey didn't execute the play properly and it wasn't bad luck when Sweeney picked a fight with a concrete wall and it certainly wasn't bad luck that Big Ben traded an All Star to get both of them.......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

He isn't what I want there but I will give Ben some credit for picking up a suitable backup. I was ripping that move at first.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bogaerts can't be claimed as not ready because he hasn't played MLB yet. AViles isn't MLB ready, as a starting SS, and neither is Salty MLB ready, as a starting MLB catcher.
    Posted by TrotterNixon
       Another  B I N G O   !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

He isn't what I want there but I will give Ben some credit for picking up a suitable backup. I was ripping that move at first.
    Posted by Iceman4

Then guess what Iceman - Big Ben will have to pick up like 10-12 other career minor leaguers in the next week and a half just to keep a healthy roster through September.  Not exactly the main role of a winning GM.........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Posted by redsoxdirtdog

For sure, collectively it is nearly unanimous that RSN is very disappointed but out of eight million fans only a handful are here at BDC:

Preaching to the choir
    Scapegoating each and every player
    Blaming Chicken and Beer
    Blaming it all on a clubhouse cancer or attitude
    Gossiping over the effect of a postgame beer on the road.
    Playing the forum identity / ego game of "I told you so"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Middlebrooks Has Broken Right Wrist...Valencia Called Up... : For sure, collectively it is nearly unanimous that RSN is very disappointed but out of eight million fans only a handful are here at BDC: Preaching to the choir Scapegoating each and every player Blaming Chicken and Beer Blaming it all on a clubhouse cancer or attitude Gossiping over the effect of a postgame beer on the road. Playing the forum identity / ego game of "I told you so"
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

Random numbers & Letters,

Get a life!  I've always referred to it as recreational bi tching.  It's what normal fans do with their buddies in the neighborhood.  It's cathartic!  You talk, like normal people about the team you love.  Sometimes you're in the rah rah mood, but other times, when things aren't going so well, you bi tch, gripe, moan, & generally rip the bs that's killing the team.  Are you just a little slow?  What is it that you don't get about this?

My guess.  You don't really have guys you can hang out with & talk about your team?  In that case.....  No problem.  Just hang out for a while, be quiet.  Listen to what people are saying, & observe what normal fans do.  Normal guys.  Chill out.  Then.....  Give it a try on the Yankee board.   :)

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Don't let the troll hunters fet you down teil my friend. The way I usually look at it is if they're talking about me, at least they're not talking about someone else. Smile

Sections
Shortcuts