Middlebrooks Has Broken Right Wrist...Valencia Called Up...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Middlebrooks Has Broken Right Wrist...Valencia Called Up...

In Response to Re: Middlebrooks Has Broken Right Wrist...Valencia Called Up...:
    [QUOTE]LET THE DANNY VALENCIA ERA BEGIN!!!!!!! Rico Petrucelli Butch Hobson Carney Lansford Wade Boggs Scott Cooper Tim Naehring Shea Hillenbrand Billy Mueller Mike Lowell Adrian Beltre Kevin Youkilis Will Middlebrooks and now, Danny Valencia? Oh, how the mighty have fallen.............
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Valencia is a Twin garbage retread. Why no Iglesias at SS and move Aviles to 3rd. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Middlebrooks Has Broken Right Wrist...Valencia Called Up... : Valencia is a Twin garbage retread. Why no Iglesias at SS and move Aviles to 3rd. 
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Apparantely, the best we can do is Twins retreads like Danny V and Nick Bunto and I hate to tell you, but The Twins are a better team that us. 

The White Sox didn't want Youk because he is a Red Sox re-tread......DBack didn't want Pods because he's a Red Sox re-tread......The Sox are pretty close to a team of re-treads.  How many Red Sox players would make the roster of the yankees, White Sox, Angels, or Rangers today?? 

This isn't 2004 or 2007; the Red Sox are now the team that other teams make fun of and push around and that seems to be just fine everyone in that clubhouse......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Calling up Valencia sends the following message to fans:  We, the Red Sox management, hate you and take you fans (aka losers) for granted. 

Now buy tickets and gear.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]Don't let the troll hunters fet you down teil my friend. The way I usually look at it is if they're talking about me, at least they're not talking about someone else. 
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, ...It really is mind-blowing that the Red Sox have been so ravaged by injuries.  I hope that Middlebrooks comes back 100% without his swing being permannetly affected...That is why they will not rush him Carnie...But there has NEVER been a Yankee-Red Sox season where both teams have been hit by such a rash of injuries....At this point, the Red Sox have the Yanks beat easily misery-meterwise...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Trade all 2013 free-agents -to - be on waiver deals

C-   Salty/Lava
    DH- Lava/Nava/Gomez
    1B- AGon/Gomez
    2B- Ciriaco
    3B- Bogaerts
    SS- Iggy
    LF- Linares
    CF- Bradley
    RF- Ellsbury/Brentz

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]Trade all 2013 free-agents -to - be on waiver deals C-   Salty/Lava DH- Lava/Nava/Gomez 1B- AGon/Gomez 2B- Ciriaco 3B- Bogaerts SS- Iggy LF- Linares CF- Bradley RF- Ellsbury/Brentz
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    Moon...I know Ells is injury prone, and I know that the Red Sox feel they cannot sign him...But if you could sign him (question is a contradiction in terms, I realize) at a somewhat inflated but reasonable price, would you...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Trade all 2013 free-agents -to - be on waiver deals C-   Salty/Lava DH- Lava/Nava/Gomez 1B- AGon/Gomez 2B- Ciriaco 3B- Bogaerts SS- Iggy LF- Linares CF- Bradley RF- Ellsbury/Brentz

Uh, so trade Pedey and keep Ellsbury?  huh??????

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]Beltre ran into Ellsbyry like a runaway locomotive. A heavy secondbaseman fell onto Ellsbury's shoulder. Were his injuries the result of being "injury prone?"
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]
    That is not a bad point, pike...Some players get the injury prone label and they do not deserve it..I would take Ellsbury for a big price tag if I were a GM and I could afford it...He is such an amazing player...Speed, power, and awesome defense in center..I just do not get why more Red Sox fans are not urging management to make a serios attempt to sign him...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

One could argue that, despite some similar statistics, Will Middlebrooks in his first 75 MLB games has outperformed the first 75 MLB games of Mark Reynolds, another righthanded power-hitting thirdbaseman who made his debut as a 23-year-old called up in May:

12 WM 75 G, 286 PA, .288/.325/.509/.835, 34 R, 15 HR, 54 RBI, 13 BB (4.5%), 70 K (24.5%)

07 MR 75 G, 275 PA, .285./339/.508/.848, 42 R, 11 HR, 44 RBI, 20 BB (7.3%), 84 K (30.5%)

Middlebrooks has been valued at 1.7 WAR* with a UZR/150** of a negative 3.5 in the 75 games while Reynolds in 111 games as a rookie posted a WAR of 1.9 with a UZR/150 of a negative 8.0.

As another point of reference, Kevin Youkilis has been valued at 1.2 WAR in 37 games with the Chicago White Sox with a UZR/150 of a positive 4.7 in 293.1 innings at third base.

* Wins Above Replacement as reported at FanGraphs
    ** Ultimate Zone Rating per 150 games as reported at FanGraphs

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]One could argue that, despite some similar statistics, Will Middlebrooks in his first 75 MLB games has outperformed the first 75 MLB games of Mark Reynolds, another righthanded power-hitting thirdbaseman who made his debut as a 23-year-old called up in May: 12 WM 75 G, 286 PA, .288/.325/.509/.835, 34 R, 15 HR, 54 RBI, 13 BB (4.5%), 70 K (24.5%) 07 MR 75 G, 275 PA, .285./339/.508/.848, 42 R, 11 HR, 44 RBI, 20 BB (7.3%), 84 K (30.5%) Middlebrooks has been valued at 1.7 WAR* with a UZR/150** of a negative 3.5 in the 75 games while Reynolds in 111 games as a rookie posted a WAR of 1.9 with a UZR/150 of a negative 8.0. * Wins Above Replacement as reported at FanGraphs ** Ultimate Zone Rating per 150 games as reported at FanGraphs
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE] 
    Not to be a negative nabob Yankee fan, hill, but the loss of Middlebrooks is a devastating blow to the Bosox chances of getting back in it...He was that good...And so who will take over third, now, on a regular basis..I assume Valencia is just a backup... 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Right field, left field, any field, softy...The Red Sox are crazy if they do not at least make a serous effort to re-sign Ellsbury...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Ugh.  Iggy and Ciriaco  really?  and I see Brentz and Bradley play all the time.  Not next year.  No thanks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Middlebrooks Has Broken Right Wrist...Valencia Called Up... : Thanks, ...It really is mind-blowing that the Red Sox have been so ravaged by injuries.  I hope that Middlebrooks comes back 100% without his swing being permannetly affected...That is why they will not rush him Carnie...But there has NEVER been a Yankee-Red Sox season where both teams have been hit by such a rash of injuries....At this point, the Red Sox have the Yanks beat easily misery-meterwise...
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]I've kind of given up on the playoffs at this point. I just don't think it's realistic. We do still have a shot at getting the season series from the Yanks though. Tongue Out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Middlebrooks Has Broken Right Wrist...Valencia Called Up... : I've kind of given up on the playoffs at this point. I just don't think it's realistic. We do still have a shot at getting the season series from the Yanks though.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    With Middlebrooks gone, I think the final nail in the proverbial coffin might have been inserted...So will Pedroia and company get motivated enough in the Stadium this weekend, monsieur...Probably..It will be interesting, especially since there will be no Sabathia...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Pedey should be shut down.
    CC should get surgery tomorrow.
    Ross, Cook, Shoppach should be waiver traded.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Makes sense, moon..Man, this has been a brutal season for the Red Sox...What is your position on Bobby V.  As the Clash nearly chimed, should he stay or should he go?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]Pedey should be shut down. CC should get surgery tomorrow. Ross, Cook, Shoppach should be waiver traded.

I would hate to see Ross go.  Ross reminds me of Trot Nixon--hustles out on the field and is a fan favorite. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Middlebrooks Has Broken Right Wrist...Valencia Called Up... : I would hate to see Ross go.  Ross reminds me of Trot Nixon--hustles out on the field and is a fan favorite. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]
    Yeh...Ross has played really well...Meant to make the same comment to moon...Why let him go?? The Yanks would take him in a heartbeat...