Middlebrooks Injury

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: Middlebrooks Injury

In response to fenwaymike33's comment:

Have you guys looked at his baseball reference page? http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/middlwi01.shtml  In the recent news section it has the blog post from our infamous "friend" pesky about him having two broken ribs. Have the Sox or WMB addressed any of this yet? This makes no sense

You and your PeskyPole buddy(you're probably the same person) are sick.....it's called 'perseveration'.  Look it up and move on with your life.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwaymike33. Show fenwaymike33's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Have you guys looked at his baseball reference page? http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/middlwi01.shtml  In the recent news section it has the blog post from our infamous "friend" pesky about him having two broken ribs. Have the Sox or WMB addressed any of this yet? This makes no sense

You and your PeskyPole buddy(you're probably the same person) are sick.....it's called 'perseveration'.  Look it up and move on wih your life.

Really? Just because you were one of the people that boasted how Pesky was full of crap don't get mad and take it out on me. I was on WMB's page looking at some of his splits and noticed it. You keep with your theories though. I just think it is a bit odd and was wondering if the Sox had addressed this. You stay cool though

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwaymike33. Show fenwaymike33's posts

In response to Potomac87's comment:

Read it. Pesk Pole promised WMB that he wouldn't publish it on his blog until he got the OK. When did he get permission?

I had the same thought/question. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwaymike33. Show fenwaymike33's posts

In response to Potomac87's comment:

Read it. Pesk Pole promised WMB that he wouldn't publish it on his blog until he got the OK. When did he get permission?

He just posted that Pete Abraham scolded him over twitter about what he did and said that Middlebrooks contacted him again and was mad. He has a picture of what Abraham sent him over twitter but just references what Middlebrooks said. So I guess he did go back on his promise. I still dont understand why Middlebrooks would have even told him in the first place. It absolutely makes no sense. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

You and your PeskyPole buddy(you're probably the same person) are sick.....it's called 'perseveration'.  Look it up and move on wih your life.

Really? Just because you were one of the people that boasted how Pesky was full of crap don't get mad and take it out on me. I was on WMB's page looking at some of his splits and noticed it. You keep with your theories though. I just think it is a bit odd and was wondering if the Sox had addressed this. You stay cool though

Look, no offense intended, yet it's a perfect example of yellow journalism.  That is what irritates me.  Because of this, all, if any respect for his blog ever existed, has been tarnished beyond repair.

You don't really think that I'm the only one who thinks this whole thing is a figment of his imagination?

Like I posted to him, does Yaz, Pedroia, Rice or any other notable write directly to him also?...please, ya know?

The moral of the story is to NOT advertise a blog with definite unsubstantiated statements.

If you think it's my character flaw to question this, then I suggest you re-evaluate your personal judgement.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwaymike33. Show fenwaymike33's posts

Look, no offense intended, yet it's a perfect example of yellow journalism.  That is what irritates me.  Because of this, all, if any respect for his blog ever existed, has been tarnished beyond repair.

You don't really think that I'm the only one who thinks this whole thing is a figment of his imagination?

Like I posted to him, does Yaz, Pedroia, Rice or any other notable write directly to him also?...please, ya know?

The moral of the story is to NOT advertise a blog with definite unsubstantiated statements.

If you think it's my character flaw to question this, then I suggest you re-evaluate your personal judgement.

But he has actual pictures of the twitter conversation. Deadspin did the same thing with a twitter conversation between Honey Badger and some underage girl he was trying to hit on. All I am saying is the pictures he posted look legit. I have an issue with him promising WMB he was not going to post anything and then he did

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwaymike33. Show fenwaymike33's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

you have no flaws, amp-hole; you are perfect.

He does come off as pretty conceited. When Pesky first posted about his "source" I was skeptical too but I didnt attack him because I had no idea who his source could be and you never know who is actually on this board. Many of you did and especially amp and now it seems...and I stress seems like his source was pretty legit and I don't get the whole "Does Rice, Yaz talk to him too?"....what does that mean? Some other guy on here posted about how some Green Bay Packers direct message his son at times on twitter. Hell amp, you have in your profile that you received a letter from Ted Williams. Does that mean Pedroia and Yaz send you letters as well? I just think by bashing this blog guy over and over again when it is looking more and more like he was right makes you look foolish and if anyone remotely defends him you call the person sick or tell them they must be the same guy. Of course you do it in your typical conceited way by showing off your vocabulary as you insult them and then assume they don't know what the word means by telling them to look it up. What a complete jerk!. Just a guess, but I am willing to bet you don't have many friends now or back when you were a youngster in school. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Like it was for Middy when Youk got hurt this is the blessing Iggy needed to play every day. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwaymike33. Show fenwaymike33's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Like it was for Middy when Youk got hurt this is the blessing Iggy needed to play every day. 

Good point. I have my doubts about Middlebrooks and his future. I would not be upset if the Sox tried to trade him. I know Amp thinks I am pesky's buddy but his whole angle is that Middlebrooks is the second coming and these injuries are why he is struggling etc. I dont buy that because he was struggling before he collided with Ross

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

The difference is that when Middlebrooks is healthy, he'll be back at 3rd.  Iglesias isn't the 3rd baseman of the future, as Middlebrooks was.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Good point. I have my doubts about Middlebrooks and his future. I would not be upset if the Sox tried to trade him. I know Amp thinks I am pesky's buddy but his whole angle is that Middlebrooks is the second coming and these injuries are why he is struggling etc. I dont buy that because he was struggling before he collided with Ross

With Middy you have to look at two things that will decide whether he stays in Boston.

#1 How many trips to the DL he has already made, this could be a sign of whats to come.

#2 How and if he learns to mature with his plate discipline like Salty who is getting better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

With Middy you have to look at two things that will decide whether he stays in Boston.

#1 How many trips to the DL he has already made, this could be a sign of whats to come.

#2 How and if he learns to mature with his plate discipline like Salty who is getting better.

His two injuries were legit, and it generally takes a while to "fully" come back from wrist injuries.  Right handed power like his doesn't grow on trees.  He's not going to be "traded" anytime soon and my point was that his 3rd base job is not in jeopardy, regardless of what Iggy does. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LynnRiceEvans75. Show LynnRiceEvans75's posts

I don't think he is the second coming. I think what you saw from him last year is the kind of player he really can be for his whole career. Yes, this is peskypole6. The great mods have basically banned me by erasing any comment I make.

Amp,

You are an idiot. Your idiotic theories that somehow Middlebrooks did not really contact me via twitter and the proof is that Yaz and Pedroia dont? It is real simple. Some moron on twitter was ragging on Middlebrooks. I defended him on twitter and next thing I know Middlebrooks is sending me a direct message on twitter. The next day he collides with Ross. I tweet to him that he made a great catch and hope he isn't in too much pain. He responds by telling me he has two broken and separated ribs and how he is going to try and play through it.

Also, Will is upset that I posted what I did and he let me know over direct message yesterday and Pete Abraham even scolded me. I posted about that yesterday. I did it to protect Middlebrooks from this perception that he is a flash in the pan and that he is soft. A perception that many of you have on this board. The whole back spasm excuse is dangerous because nobody goes on the DL beacuse of back spasms. It makes Middlebrooks look soft when the truth is he is dealing with broken ribs. I tried to explain this to Will and he calmed down a bit at the end but was still upset I posted everything. Which I understand but as I told him he comes off looking great. Why did he tell me? I have no idea...it astounds me that he did. I am not making it up and the pictures of the direct messages are proof of that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwaymike33. Show fenwaymike33's posts

In response to LynnRiceEvans75's comment:

I don't think he is the second coming. I think what you saw from him last year is the kind of player he really can be for his whole career. Yes, this is peskypole6. The great mods have basically banned me by erasing any comment I make.

Amp,

You are an idiot. Your idiotic theories that somehow Middlebrooks did not really contact me via twitter and the proof is that Yaz and Pedroia dont? It is real simple. Some moron on twitter was ragging on Middlebrooks. I defended him on twitter and next thing I know Middlebrooks is sending me a direct message on twitter. The next day he collides with Ross. I tweet to him that he made a great catch and hope he isn't in too much pain. He responds by telling me he has two broken and separated ribs and how he is going to try and play through it.

Also, Will is upset that I posted what I did and he let me know over direct message yesterday and Pete Abraham even scolded me. I posted about that yesterday. I did it to protect Middlebrooks from this perception that he is a flash in the pan and that he is soft. A perception that many of you have on this board. The whole back spasm excuse is dangerous because nobody goes on the DL beacuse of back spasms. It makes Middlebrooks look soft when the truth is he is dealing with broken ribs. I tried to explain this to Will and he calmed down a bit at the end but was still upset I posted everything. Which I understand but as I told him he comes off looking great. Why did he tell me? I have no idea...it astounds me that he did. I am not making it up and the pictures of the direct messages are proof of that.

Well we disagree about how good Middlebrooks is. I hope you are right in that respect. I think it is crap how they banned your account etc. I also think there are people on you who do owe you an apology. I defended you in another thread about your attitude because you were being attacked first and you were just defending yourself. It looks legit to me. I can't understand why WMB would tell you though. That is not a statement saying I have doubts that is more of a statement of shock. I really believe he did simply because I also follow him on twitter and the pictures show the conversation and it is from his verified twitter account. The Pete Abraham conversation you posted is pretty funny.I know you are upset but I would try to take the high road. Some of the guys on here are jerks. Amp is the big one. Don't feed into it because you will end up pissing off everyone else.I am an OOTP junkie and know you from the OOTP boards and I follow the dynasties you have created. Real good stuff. Do you work for OOTP? If so, are they going to make a football version of the game?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LynnRiceEvans75. Show LynnRiceEvans75's posts

In response to LynnRiceEvans75's comment:

Amp,

Well we disagree about how good Middlebrooks is. I hope you are right in that respect. I think it is crap how they banned your account etc. I also think there are people on you who do owe you an apology. I defended you in another thread about your attitude because you were being attacked first and you were just defending yourself. It looks legit to me. I can't understand why WMB would tell you though. That is not a statement saying I have doubts that is more of a statement of shock. I really believe he did simply because I also follow him on twitter and the pictures show the conversation and it is from his verified twitter account. The Pete Abraham conversation you posted is pretty funny.I know you are upset but I would try to take the high road. Some of the guys on here are jerks. Amp is the big one. Don't feed into it because you will end up pissing off everyone else.I am an OOTP junkie and know you from the OOTP boards and I follow the dynasties you have created. Real good stuff. Do you work for OOTP? If so, are they going to make a football version of the game?

I don't work for them. I am a beta tester and I help promote the game. They allow me to sell the game on my blog and they promote my blog etc. Really good guys and a great game. There will not be a football version just because the guys behind the company do not know anything about Football. They are from Germany. They are making a hockey version. The beta is out now and the full version in September. I am not a huge hockey fan but I have messed around with it and I think it is going to be real good. They also have a boxing game. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LynnRiceEvans75. Show LynnRiceEvans75's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

You should not have published what he told you outside the public forum, unless you first cleared it with him, ethically. Your intentions were good, but you should have cleared it with him first as you put him in a bad position with management.

I knew Middlebrooks was playing hurt because of the way he was swinging and moving on defense and running the bases. I also knew that he was coming off a lot of time off from a prior injury. What impresses me is the way he keeps playing, even though the DL rest is something that probably should have happened earlier.

Middlebrooks is a keeper because of his dedication to the team concept, even at the expese of his own personal best interest. He has a highly efficient swing that produces almost effortless power and pop. He needs time to adjust from the time off from the injury and the pitchers adjusting to what he did during his great early run as a rookie. Once he plays a full season and a half, has time to adjust, I have total confidence that his gifts and leadership talents will result in a productive slugging corner infielder who is competitive or better than most of his peers.

The worst move for Red Sox fans is to show zero patience when it comes to a talented keeper who hasn't even played a full season of MLB yet. Those patient with Middlebrooks will be rewarded.  

Fair point. I apologized to Will but I see how the fans are so quick to label guys as soft or a flash in the pan that it just angered me to the point where I wanted to post the proof so people would say "Damn, this kid is the real deal"  I have no doubt that he is going to have a great career and we will be lucky to have him. Talent, tough and a team first guy. He has the makings of a geat leader. These are the kind of guys we need on this team for a long time but people are quick to bash and label and write him off. Unreal!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I had no issue with PP6 personally, except for a couple things.

first...I didnt think WMB would play, or the team would let him play with broken ribs. I was wrong. But you got very offended that we even doubted you. I try to show everyone here respect. If I question them or disagree, I still show them respect and keep things civil. I think most here would agree with that. I might get a little tongue and cheek, but its all in fun. Oh, and I NEVER called you a liar. Theres a difference in questioning someone and calling them an out and out liar. If someone fires back ay me like you did, depending on my mood, I might fire back. As you noticed though, I was the one who stopped and just walked away while you were still slinging dirt.. You call amp an idiot. Why? did he call you names?  Why go there? I just proves what I said is true. You threw a blanket over this forum and said we all think were right all the time and can never admit when we are wrong, all because we doubted something that WAS very questionable. Instead of letting it lie, you pushed the issue because you wanted us to know where we heard it first, not to protect him. Please...

2nd...I was a producer of a couple different sports talk shows in Florida, working for about 15 years. Ive been involved in over 1000 interviews, from rookie players, GM's, play by play guys, and HOF'ers from all sports. Also had a blog for a while, but stopped because I didnt have the time. Will shouldnt have told you what he did, but I think Im safe to assume he told you in confidence. Yet you couldnt wait to run out and tell people so you could break the story first. You said it when you posted it here. Ive been told many things by men and women weve interviewed that were said off the record, and kept it off the record. This is how you build a relationship and gain a lot of respect within the industry and with the people who trusted in you to keep it quiet. It leads to more interviews, exclusives and other special perks. I wasnt about to risk all that. Those business relationships built up were worth more than "leaking" something for minimal personal gain or the title of being the first to break the story. IMO, You messed up BIG TIME because believe me, your name and blog will probably be taboo within the Sox organization and with real journalists in New England.

Now, you can attack me and call me a liar or whatever else you want for stating my opinions and my side of the story. Im not going there with you. I didnt make it personal, but when people here doubted you, you took it personal and began lashing out at posters because they actually had the nerve to question you. Oh, you probably got your account deleted for posting things from and promoting your blog here. I saw a couple posters warn you about that as well, but you kept doing it. Well, I wish you luck trying to get any more inside info for your blog.