Middlebrooks Injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LynnRiceEvans75. Show LynnRiceEvans75's posts

Re: Middlebrooks Injury

In response to fenwaymike33's comment:

Have you guys looked at his baseball reference page? http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/middlwi01.shtml  In the recent news section it has the blog post from our infamous "friend" pesky about him having two broken ribs. Have the Sox or WMB addressed any of this yet? This makes no sense

I don't know what you are getting at, baseball reference approves baseball blogs to link to their site. Once approved whenever you talk about a player you link it to their baseballreference player page and it shows up automatically on their site

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

As far as WMB goes...I think hes a gamer and have all the respect for him in the world for trying to go with the rib injury. I dont think it was smart though. He not a patient hitter and needs to get better at pitch recognition, but to write off a 24yr old with that much potential because hes having a rough go in his 1st full season is asinine. IMO, If he can work on his approach at the plate a little more he has the potential to be an AS 3rd baseman.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LynnRiceEvans75. Show LynnRiceEvans75's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I had no issue with PP6 personally, except for a couple things.

first...I didnt think WMB would play, or the team would let him play with broken ribs. I was wrong. But you got very offended that we even doubted you. I try to show everyone here respect. If I question them or disagree, I still show them respect and keep things civil. I think most here would agree with that. I might get a little tongue and cheek, but its all in fun. Oh, and I NEVER called you a liar. Theres a difference in questioning someone and calling them an out and out liar. If someone fires back ay me like you did, depending on my mood, I might fire back. As you noticed though, I was the one who stopped and just walked away while you were still slinging dirt.. You call amp an idiot. Why? did he call you names?  Why go there? I just proves what I said is true. You threw a blanket over this forum and said we all think were right all the time and can never admit when we are wrong, all because we doubted something that WAS very questionable. Instead of letting it lie, you pushed the issue because you wanted us to know where we heard it first, not to protect him. Please...

2nd...I was a producer of a couple different sports talk shows in Florida, working for about 15 years. Ive been involved in over 1000 interviews, from rookie players, GM's, play by play guys, and HOF'ers from all sports. Also had a blog for a while, but stopped because I didnt have the time. Will shouldnt have told you what he did, but I think Im safe to assume he told you in confidence. Yet you couldnt wait to run out and tell people so you could break the story first. You said it when you posted it here. Ive been told many things by men and women weve interviewed that were said off the record, and kept it off the record. This is how you build a relationship and gain a lot of respect within the industry and with the people who trusted in you to keep it quiet. It leads to more interviews, exclusives and other special perks. I wasnt about to risk all that. Those business relationships built up were worth more than "leaking" something for minimal personal gain or the title of being the first to break the story. IMO, You messed up BIG TIME because believe me, your name and blog will probably be taboo within the Sox organization and with real journalists in New England.

Now, you can attack me and call me a liar or whatever else you want for stating my opinions and my side of the story. Im not going there with you. I didnt make it personal, but when people here doubted you, you took it personal and began lashing out at posters because they actually had the nerve to question you. Oh, you probably got your account deleted for posting things from and promoting your blog here. I saw a couple posters warn you about that as well, but you kept doing it. Well, I wish you luck trying to get any more inside info for your blog.

Here is the issue. You are now defending amp when he called me sick. I call him a name back and I am wrong. See how you glossed over who started it? It is the same way you glossed over what you said when I first posted on here about it. I defended myself, you said I had thin skin and then you complained because I was attacking you. Pretty funny

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to LynnRiceEvans75's comment:

first...I didnt think WMB would play, or the team would let him play with broken ribs. I was wrong. But you got very offended that we even doubted you. I try to show everyone here respect. If I question them or disagree, I still show them respect and keep things civil. I think most here would agree with that. I might get a little tongue and cheek, but its all in fun. Oh, and I NEVER called you a liar. Theres a difference in questioning someone and calling them an out and out liar. If someone fires back ay me like you did, depending on my mood, I might fire back. As you noticed though, I was the one who stopped and just walked away while you were still slinging dirt.. You call amp an idiot. Why? did he call you names?  Why go there? I just proves what I said is true. You threw a blanket over this forum and said we all think were right all the time and can never admit when we are wrong, all because we doubted something that WAS very questionable. Instead of letting it lie, you pushed the issue because you wanted us to know where we heard it first, not to protect him. Please...

2nd...I was a producer of a couple different sports talk shows in Florida, working for about 15 years. Ive been involved in over 1000 interviews, from rookie players, GM's, play by play guys, and HOF'ers from all sports. Also had a blog for a while, but stopped because I didnt have the time. Will shouldnt have told you what he did, but I think Im safe to assume he told you in confidence. Yet you couldnt wait to run out and tell people so you could break the story first. You said it when you posted it here. Ive been told many things by men and women weve interviewed that were said off the record, and kept it off the record. This is how you build a relationship and gain a lot of respect within the industry and with the people who trusted in you to keep it quiet. It leads to more interviews, exclusives and other special perks. I wasnt about to risk all that. Those business relationships built up were worth more than "leaking" something for minimal personal gain or the title of being the first to break the story. IMO, You messed up BIG TIME because believe me, your name and blog will probably be taboo within the Sox organization and with real journalists in New England.

Now, you can attack me and call me a liar or whatever else you want for stating my opinions and my side of the story. Im not going there with you. I didnt make it personal, but when people here doubted you, you took it personal and began lashing out at posters because they actually had the nerve to question you. Oh, you probably got your account deleted for posting things from and promoting your blog here. I saw a couple posters warn you about that as well, but you kept doing it. Well, I wish you luck trying to get any more inside info for your blog.

Here is the issue. You are now defending amp when he called me sick. I call him a name back and I am wrong. See how you glossed over who started it? It is the same way you glossed over what you said when I first posted on here about it. I defended myself, you said I had thin skin and then you complained because I was attacking you. Pretty funny

Listen. It was The way you acted on here after folks doubted you. What Im saying is that there was no need to defend yourself. Personally, I would have just said OK, whatever, and let it be because I knew it was true... Folks here would have admitted they were wrong when the story broke and some look at you in a different light. Listen, I dont know you personally and Im sure your a good guy and a true sox fan. If I said anything to offend you then I apologize. Lets just move on...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwaymike33. Show fenwaymike33's posts

I agree with you 100% on going public with something he should not have gone public with. I think that was pretty crappy of him but don't defend amp. He is definitely a jerk and quite possibly an idiot. He called me sick and talked down to me just because I said it looked like the proof is legit and he still thinks pesky is imagining all this. Pesky calls him an idiot which I agree with and I will call him a jerk. He has earned it. Also, I didn't post in the original thread but I dont remember you getting personal with Pesky. You doubted the story just like I did but you didn't make fun of him like so many others did. I am thinking Pesky has lumped you in with everyone else. Of course I could be wrong 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwaymike33. Show fenwaymike33's posts

Have you guys looked at his baseball reference page? http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/middlwi01.shtml  In the recent news section it has the blog post from our infamous "friend" pesky about him having two broken ribs. Have the Sox or WMB addressed any of this yet? This makes no sense

I don't know what you are getting at, baseball reference approves baseball blogs to link to their site. Once approved whenever you talk about a player you link it to their baseballreference player page and it shows up automatically on their site

Oh ok. I have no idea how it works. My bad

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwaymike33. Show fenwaymike33's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Like it was for Middy when Youk got hurt this is the blessing Iggy needed to play every day. 

Good point. I have my doubts about Middlebrooks and his future. I would not be upset if the Sox tried to trade him. I know Amp thinks I am pesky's buddy but his whole angle is that Middlebrooks is the second coming and these injuries are why he is struggling etc. I dont buy that because he was struggling before he collided with Ross

I don't think he is the second coming. I think what you saw from him last year is the kind of player he really can be for his whole career. Yes, this is peskypole6. The great mods have basically banned me by erasing any comment I make.

Amp,

You are an idiot. Your idiotic theories that somehow Middlebrooks did not really contact me via twitter and the proof is that Yaz and Pedroia dont? It is real simple. Some moron on twitter was ragging on Middlebrooks. I defended him on twitter and next thing I know Middlebrooks is sending me a direct message on twitter. The next day he collides with Ross. I tweet to him that he made a great catch and hope he isn't in too much pain. He responds by telling me he has two broken and separated ribs and how he is going to try and play through it.

Also, Will is upset that I posted what I did and he let me know over direct message yesterday and Pete Abraham even scolded me. I posted about that yesterday. I did it to protect Middlebrooks from this perception that he is a flash in the pan and that he is soft. A perception that many of you have on this board. The whole back spasm excuse is dangerous because nobody goes on the DL beacuse of back spasms. It makes Middlebrooks look soft when the truth is he is dealing with broken ribs. I tried to explain this to Will and he calmed down a bit at the end but was still upset I posted everything. Which I understand but as I told him he comes off looking great. Why did he tell me? I have no idea...it astounds me that he did. I am not making it up and the pictures of the direct messages are proof of that.

Well we disagree about how good Middlebrooks is. I hope you are right in that respect. I think it is crap how they banned your account etc. I also think there are people on you who do owe you an apology. I defended you in another thread about your attitude because you were being attacked first and you were just defending yourself. It looks legit to me. I can't understand why WMB would tell you though. That is not a statement saying I have doubts that is more of a statement of shock. I really believe he did simply because I also follow him on twitter and the pictures show the conversation and it is from his verified twitter account. The Pete Abraham conversation you posted is pretty funny.I know you are upset but I would try to take the high road. Some of the guys on here are jerks. Amp is the big one. Don't feed into it because you will end up pissing off everyone else.I am an OOTP junkie and know you from the OOTP boards and I follow the dynasties you have created. Real good stuff. Do you work for OOTP? If so, are they going to make a football version of the game?

I don't work for them. I am a beta tester and I help promote the game. They allow me to sell the game on my blog and they promote my blog etc. Really good guys and a great game. There will not be a football version just because the guys behind the company do not know anything about Football. They are from Germany. They are making a hockey version. The beta is out now and the full version in September. I am not a huge hockey fan but I have messed around with it and I think it is going to be real good. They also have a boxing game. 

Ahhh..I knew the main guy was from Germany. Unreal that the best baseball sim is from a German lol. Sucks about the football but it makes sense. I may have to look into the hockey game. Thanks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

.I didnt think WMB would play, or the team would let him play with broken ribs. I was wrong

well 777

IF U R wrong than I am 2

still not sure whether we are talkin broken ribs or not

or why all the secrecy

WEEI.com Blog Network

Source: Will Middlebrooks playing with

separated rib

05.11.13 at 9:05 am ET

While multiple major league sources say that Red Sox third baseman Will Middlebrooks did not suffer any fracture or crack to his ribs in his Tuesday collision with David Ross, according to an industry source, he is dealing with a separated rib — a somewhat misleading term that refers not to the ribs themselves, but instead to tearing of the rib bone from the cartilage that connects it to the sternum. The condition continues to leave Middlebrooks in considerable pain not just when he hits and throws but also, at times, when he breathes — something that became apparent on Thursday night when trainers had to visit him by the mound when John Lackey was pitching early in the game.

While Middlebrooks did not want to discuss the particulars of his injury, he is comfortable that it is a condition he can play through. He went 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles on Friday while recording seven assists.

For more on Middlebrooks’ efforts to play through his injury, click here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LynnRiceEvans75. Show LynnRiceEvans75's posts

You get to see all my removed comments...unreal

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/two-broken-ribs-for-middlebrooks/100/6634707?page=1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LynnRiceEvans75. Show LynnRiceEvans75's posts

Listen. It was The way you acted on here after folks doubted you. What Im saying is that there was no need to defend yourself. Personally, I would have just said OK, whatever, and let it be because I knew it was true... Folks here would have admitted they were wrong when the story broke and some look at you in a different light. Listen, I dont know you personally and Im sure your a good guy and a true sox fan. If I said anything to offend you then I apologize. Lets just move on...

I also apologize

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I agree with you 100% on going public with something he should not have gone public with. I think that was pretty crappy of him but don't defend amp. He is definitely a jerk and quite possibly an idiot. He called me sick and talked down to me just because I said it looked like the proof is legit and he still thinks pesky is imagining all this. Pesky calls him an idiot which I agree with and I will call him a jerk. He has earned it. Also, I didn't post in the original thread but I dont remember you getting personal with Pesky. You doubted the story just like I did but you didn't make fun of him like so many others did. I am thinking Pesky has lumped you in with everyone else. Of course I could be wrong 

Ive never had a problem with Amp, but I dont agree with any name calling.

Either way, no, I didnt think I was being disrespectful to PP6 at all until I was lashed out at. If he just kept it quiet and not posted at all, he could have built up some trust which would have led to maybe some other interviews or whatever. Its too bad. The media, or some blogger, today is just interested in the here and now and breaking the story first. I understand that, but you have to pick and choose what story you break. I think keeping it quiet would have led to bigger and better things for him in the long run.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I also apologize

sounds good. I appreciate that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LynnRiceEvans75. Show LynnRiceEvans75's posts

Ive never had a problem with Amp, but I dont agree with any name calling.

Either way, no, I didnt think I was being disrespectful to PP6 at all until I was lashed out at. If he just kept it quiet and not posted at all, he could have built up some trust which would have led to maybe some other interviews or whatever. Its too bad. The media, or some blogger, today is just interested in the here and now and breaking the story first. I understand that, but you have to pick and choose what story you break. I think keeping it quiet would have led to bigger and better things for him in the long run.

I enjoy my full time job. I blog for fun and the money I do make goes towards allowances for my kids

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

As far as I knew, hes had two cracked ribs since the Ross collision and has been playing through it. This is old news.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LynnRiceEvans75. Show LynnRiceEvans75's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

As far as I knew, hes had two cracked ribs since the Ross collision and has been playing through it. This is old news.

Not according to the wise Amp. It is all a figment of my imagination

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Not according to the wise Amp. It is all a figment of my imagination

Huh. And here I was gonna give him Dirt Dog staus for playing through an injury. I guess we get schooled every day. Thank God for the post police.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

This continues to be one of the nuttiest threads I've seen.  There is zero confirmation of those bad ribs, broken or otherwise--not at boston.com/redsox (and not on extra bases), not at mlb.com (the Red Sox site), and not at espn.com (another Red Sox site).  But we are now on our second page of exchanging insults intermixed with high praise for the true grit of a thirdbaseman who played several games with "broken ribs." 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LynnRiceEvans75. Show LynnRiceEvans75's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Thank you.  Exactly what I wanted to see--proof that you do not in fact any confirmatory evidence.  The fact that Middlebrooks thinks the Sox are so desperate they may have to play him with broken ribs is a strong indicator this is made up.  Since Middlebrooks went on the DL, the Sox are 4-0 with Iglesias or Ciriaco filling in.  Middlebrooks was struggling at the plate, so putting him on the DL for the bad back was an easy decision.  Plus he was getting a lot of errors.  Long term Middlebrooks is the answer if he can get his hitting straightened out because he does hit with power and, errors notwithstanding, has good range and a good arm.

But playing with broken ribs?  Give me a break. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LynnRiceEvans75. Show LynnRiceEvans75's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Thank you.  Exactly what I wanted to see--proof that you do not in fact any confirmatory evidence.  The fact that Middlebrooks thinks the Sox are so desperate they may have to play him with broken ribs is a strong indicator this is made up.  Since Middlebrooks went on the DL, the Sox are 4-0 with Iglesias or Ciriaco filling in.  Middlebrooks was struggling at the plate, so putting him on the DL for the bad back was an easy decision.  Plus he was getting a lot of errors.  Long term Middlebrooks is the answer if he can get his hitting straightened out because he does hit with power and, errors notwithstanding, has good range and a good arm.

So let me get this straight....even though I have posted a picture of a direct message conversation over twitter showing Middlebrooks verified twitter account saying he in fact has two broken ribs....because he said the Sox really needed him two weeks ago when two weeks later the Sox would go 4-0 without him  proves that this is made up? Is that what you are saying? Wow

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LynnRiceEvans75. Show LynnRiceEvans75's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

So let me get this straight....even though I have posted a picture of a direct message conversation over twitter showing Middlebrooks verified twitter account saying he in fact has two broken ribs....because he said the Sox really needed him two weeks ago when two weeks later the Sox would go 4-0 without him  proves that this is made up? Is that what you are saying? Wow

Broken ribs

ok

guess that is why he is on schedule to come off the DL when elgibe....

everyone knows it takes 15 days for a rub to heal.

Least my sources say so.

hahahahaha

Nothing like a tool who laughs at his own jokes. I am sorry if you don't understand twitter and the pictures I have posted that show what he said. At this point, I don't know what your argument even is...you are just further shoving your foot in your mouth haha haha ha ha (see...I laugh at my posts too...me funny)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Twitter without corroboration is simply not credible.  No source is credible without corroboration.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LynnRiceEvans75. Show LynnRiceEvans75's posts

Twitter without corroboration is simply not credible.  No source is credible without corroboration.  

What are you talking about? Do you know what corroboration means? It is his verfied twitter account. Do you know what a verified twitter account is? Have you ever used twitter? If so, what is your twitter name?

Sections
Shortcuts