Middlebrooks is already a top ROY candidate... Is he also making a run at the AS Game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Middlebrooks is already a top ROY candidate... Is he also making a run at the AS Game?

He's already in the conversation for early ROY candidate.  There are only 2 players (Cabrera and Beltre) that are clearly ahead of him at this point for the AS Game.  Other than that he's in striking distance.

Thoughts?

Also, who was the last descent position player to come out of the Yankees farm system.  Was it Robinson Cano 7 years ago?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Middlebrooks is already a top ROY candidate... Is he also making a run at the AS Game?

In Response to Middlebrooks is already a top ROY candidate... Is he also making a run at the AS Game?:
    [QUOTE]He's already in the conversation for early ROY candidate.  There are only 2 players (Cabrera and Beltre) that are clearly ahead of him at this point for the AS Game.  Other than that he's in striking distance. Thoughts? Also, who was the last descent position player to come out of the Yankees farm system.  Was it Robinson Cano 7 years ago?
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Youks days at 3B next season appear to be a forgotten thing pal but lets not curse the kid.  He will struggle at times adjusting to pitchers as they will him but hes doing great.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Middlebrooks is already a top ROY candidate... Is he also making a run at the AS Game?

if the dreadnaught can keep it up hes defintely in the running for ROY... same with dubront. although i'm not really following the other rookies in the league

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Middlebrooks is already a top ROY candidate... Is he also making a run at the AS Game?:
    [QUOTE]He's already in the conversation for early ROY candidate.  There are only 2 players (Cabrera and Beltre) that are clearly ahead of him at this point for the AS Game.  Other than that he's in striking distance. Thoughts? Also, who was the last descent position player to come out of the Yankees farm system.  Was it Robinson Cano 7 years ago?

I'd call Gardner decent, although he's on the DL right now.

Middlebrooks would have to stay up the rest of the year to be considered for RoY and I'm not sure he'll still be up when Youk comes off the DL.

I'd love to see Middlebrooks signed to a Longoria type of extension, but that's a long shot at best.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Very true Zac.  I was assuming SPC meant that came out of the Yankees system and stayed with the Yankees.  There's more than 1 way to get value out of prospects though (Granderson, Pineda?)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Middlebrooks is already a top ROY candidate... Is he also making a run at the AS Game?:
    [QUOTE]come on SPC make your moma proud on mothers day fess up and earn some credibility Also, who was the last descent position player to come out of the Yankees farm system. LOL do you really not remember what jackson did to the sox last month 571 .625 .857 1.482 maybe you can answer the question yourself after the next series / seatle
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Austin Jackson doesn't play for the Yankees though...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Middlebrooks is already a top ROY candidate... Is he also making a run at the AS Game?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Middlebrooks is already a top ROY candidate... Is he also making a run at the AS Game? : Austin Jackson doesn't play for the Yankees though...
    That was not your question.

The Yankees used Austin Jackson to acquire Curtis Granderson, who finished fourth in the American League MVP voting last season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The smart money says Middlebrooks will motor right past Hamilton for the AL MVP. Dumb guys like me advise not counting chickens too early.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]greetings JB3 thanks I was thinking gardner but he's one of guys where his stats  ( not so hot) don't really show what he does for the team

Gardner?  A fourth OF'er on most teams?  That's really scraping the bottom of the barrel, no?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i agree, gardner isn't anything special IMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]i agree, gardner isn't anything special IMO.
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

Well, it's very rare to see the Yankees ever develop their own farm system talent so their standards may be lower than most teams.  I know many Yankee fans that tried putting Gardner on Ellsbury's level which is just foolish...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Middlebrooks is already a top ROY candidate... Is he also making a run at the AS Game? : Well, it's very rare to see the Yankees ever develop their own farm system talent so their standards may be lower than most teams.  I know many Yankee fans that tried putting Gardner on Ellsbury's level which is just foolish...

I live in NY i hear it all the time.. its laughable really.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Middlebrooks is already a top ROY candidate... Is he also making a run at the AS Game? : best LF defender and SB leader is scraping the bottom of the barrel ? he clearly is decent and that's what you asked for seriously dude what's your problem with credibility make moma proud and earn some fess up about last yr

A .265 career hitter with no power... I'm sorry, that has borderline 4th OF'er written all over it.  If you want to glorify that then I guess go ahead.

I have plenty of credibility.  Just watch when I nail this 10 game winning streak prediction.  Should be cool to see.  Stay tuned.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Middlebrooks is already a top ROY candidate... Is he also making a run at the AS Game? : why R U posting like I brought gardner up I brought up ajax & montero you have no credibility or apparent need to be respected as far as your  prediction most will file that in the file marked 'even a broken clock is right twice a day '

But AJax and Montero don't play for the Yankees...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. The thread was about Middlebrooks. A Boston RED SOX player and you fools let it become a Yankee thread in half a heartbeat. Idiots!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. The thread was about Middlebrooks. A Boston RED SOX player and you fools let it become a Yankee thread in half a heartbeat. Idiots!!!!!
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE] upper, you have a point, but it might have stayed that way had SPC not felt the need to add a Yankee farm system run-on

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Whaddaya me top ROY?

I'm the top ROY.

Cool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Middlebrooks is already a top ROY candidate... Is he also making a run at the AS Game? : upper, you have a point, but it might have stayed that way had SPC not felt the need to add a Yankee farm system run-on
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Exactly; he likes to beat his chest over a few games of success, (wasn't he one of those guys who dissed Montero's sample size last Sep?) although I admit Middlebrooks looks pretty good so far, yet feels the need to take a pot shot at the Yankees FS all in one fell swoop for a change. And FWIW, the RS farm system has been ranked the last two yrs at # 15, while the Yankee FS has been ranked #4. But don't let these facts get in the way.

Sections
Shortcuts