Middlebrooks is done for the season.... This is a great time for IGGY to come up to play SS.....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Middlebrooks is done for the season.... This is a great time for IGGY to come up to play SS.....

Iglesias is 10 for his last 22 with 3 doubles...that's encouraging.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Re: Middlebrooks is done for the season.... This is a great time for IGGY to come up to play SS.....

with all the injuries that have plagued this team, they have called up just about everyone else so why not.  He is probably an expanded roster add anyway.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

As I said to start the season, if we are not ever going to give Iggy a chance, we should trade him and his $2M/yr contract.

Iggy should start at SS and Ciriaco at 3B vs RHPs and Aviles vs LHPs.

Maybe we could trade Stewart for Youk.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Middlebrooks is done for the season.... This is a great time for IGGY to come up to play SS.....:
    [QUOTE]  Please Ben, give us IGGY and watch the Team  E R A  come down 2 runs per game.......   He will save our pitchers 4 outs per game !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

where do you get your stats from?

even Ozzie didn't save 2 runs a game and make 4 incremental plays his peers didn't make per game.....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Middlebrooks is done for the season.... This is a great time for IGGY to come up to play SS.....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Middlebrooks is done for the season.... This is a great time for IGGY to come up to play SS..... : where do you get your stats from? even Ozzie didn't save 2 runs a game and make 4 incremental plays his peers didn't make per game.....
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Bill has not the slightest idea of what the numbers are.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Middlebrooks is done for the season.... This is a great time for IGGY to come up to play SS..... : Bill has not the slightest idea of what the numbers are.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]
    Drop the last five words off your post and I'll agree with you.  :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Iglesias has come a long way since the start of the season, and we fans need something to watch.  I'd much rather see Iglesias play than Valencia.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]Iglesias has come a long way since the start of the season, and we fans need something to watch.  I'd much rather see Iglesias play than Valencia.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I agree w/ this. I also think Ciriaco has earned time also. He should split time at 3rd w/ Aviles. If a waiver wire deal for Aviles comes they should do it so the team could also get a look at Valencia. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Middlebrooks is done for the season.... This is a great time for IGGY to come up to play SS..... : Its based on RANGE of Iggy & Avilies !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Alright Bill.  Here's your big chance.  Based on range factor of Iggy vs Aviles, PROVE - QUANTITATIVELY (I want to see Excel Output w/ models/formulas) that the delta (if any) will equate to a savings of 2 runs per game and an incremental 4 PO's or Assists by the SS per game.......

And just to be fair, I'll give you until the end of the season to prove it.  Starting NOW!!!!!!  go...............

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

since ben made another dumpster trade for a 3B, my guess is we will have to see this guy instead of Iggy....

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Kinda curious to see what Valencia can do w/ a change of scenery. 2010 he had a very solid rookie season, 3rd in the ROY balloting.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

My jaw dropped when I saw Middlebrooks get hit.  I hope this is getting all the crappola luck for the next ten years out of the way.

But Valencia deserves a chance.   Hope he runs with it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Nah, this is the Red Sox. Bring up the Twin retread Valencia instead of Iglesias, even with the season over.  Another dumb roster move.

Sections
Shortcuts