Middlebrooks is the key for the 2013 Red Sox Playoff Hopes

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Middlebrooks is the key for the 2013 Red Sox Playoff Hopes

I would plan on moving him to 1st and bringing up Cecchini as early as next season.

You bashed me all winter for suggesting moving WMB to 1B and sliding Bogarts to 3B.

What a clown!

You bashed Drew for hitting his granny up 4-0. What was the score on WMB's HR tonight?

You also bashed me for being a big Cecchini supporter.

Next, you'll be saying you were Wake's biggest supporter. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

I don't know, so far he's a kind of Dave Kingman, .200 with too rare displays of awesome power.  He's been a drag on, more than he's been a boost for, the team this season, but there's still a long way to go.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

You know Softy Law if you believed what you said and truly said what, in your heart, you know is right, people wouldn't be picking you apart for all your misstatements.

Truth and saying the same thing everyday the same way ----you'll be all set.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Strangely enough......  I actually agree whole-heartedly about the underlying sentiment of Stiffy's case on Middy.

He is perhaps THE KEY to the run production problem with this team right now.

I would add Ells to the list also.

These have been 2 HUGE consistent outs all year long!

These 2 MUST STEP UP & start producing.  Middy looks to be waking up.  His problems at the plate are not solely due to an injury however.  He needs serious work on the inside breaking stuff.  Low & inside anything for that matter.  It's a big hole in his swing!!!!  HUGE!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Strangely enough......  I actually agree whole-heartedly about the underlying sentiment of Stiffy's case on Middy.

These 2 MUST STEP UP & start producing.  Middy looks to be waking up.  His problems at the plate are not solely due to an injury however.  He needs serious work on the inside breaking stuff.  Low & inside anything for that matter.  It's a big hole in his swing!!!!  HUGE!

Did you know that Jeremy Guthrie was born in Roseburg?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

OP makes sense.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

OP makes sense.  

actually, i think the OP makes license plates.

LOL

Now, THAT'S funny!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

396 feet the other way is the kind of power and talent he has in that swing. It's the most efficient producing power swing I've seen since Manny left.

Playing with bad ribs, this guy is a true keeper. The strikeouts should not be the focus, as long as he hits the ball out enough over the course of a full season. He's now on pace for 28 to 30 HR, which is remarkable given the injury he's playing with. If he can step it up and reach 35 to 40 HR this season, the playoff thin bubble might not pop. I would plan on moving him to 1st and bringing up Cecchini as early as next season.

I love his swing too. It reminds me of Jason Bay. Quick and compact, with power. I think 25-30 HR this year is realistic and any more is gravy. 40 might me asking too much this year. But I could see him having a few 40HR seasons in the future. It looks like hes finally starting to take what they give him and go the other way with the ball. That will make pitchers come back in on him. Hopefully hes made the adjustments. He doesnt have to pull everything because the kid has power to all fields, like we saw last night.

Cecchini should be promoted to Portland this year from high-A Salem. I wouldnt expect him to be ready for 2014 to play in Boston. 2015 is a more realistic ETA for the 22yr old to play full time. We could see him at some point in 2014, but not to start the season. I think the same can be said for Bogaerts. We might need naps for another year or possibly another fill-in. Not saying that its not possible, we'll just have to wait and see at the end of the year. I wouldnt think so though.

Either way, the future looks bright with the talent we have down on the farm.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

No one player is the key to anything.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In my prior comments, I've already noted that one more year of a 1st or 3rd placeholder will be needed, and that could be one more year of Napoli if the price is right like this year, if not then another middle single digits contract to a veteran placeholder will be needed. Beyond that, it's quite clear that there is no need to waste time and money on big FA contracts for the infield.

Lester should be extended through age 33, with the negotiations taking place with the agent, now.

Agree 100% on Lester and 4 year deal is in order.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Without a doubt, there are more than one KEY to this team. Ells and Mid must step up. Also a pitching key is Felix. Dempster and Lackey can survive, but Felix has to pitch well thurs nite.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

The key to the 2013 Red Sox playoff hopes is the health and competence of the starting pitching. Thats always the way it is.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to mryazz's comment:

Ellsbury playing better isn't a tipping point for this Red Sox team. Middlebrooks is.

if stupid was gold, ms softy would be fort knox.

now, YOU stop right there young man.......  I like your HUMOR and cute jokes, but I stand with SOFTY and his Baseball experience and common sense......  I really think that most posters give SOFTY a hard time because he is right 90% of the time.......  Show me a G M that does better ?????

Softy can flip-flop with the wind, Bill.

Real GM's have to live with their decisions.

Sections
Shortcuts