Middlebrooks Promoted to Pawtucket

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Middlebrooks Promoted to Pawtucket

The Red Sox have promoted third baseman Will Middlebrooks from Class AA Portland to Class AAA Pawtucket.

Middlebrooks, 22, was hitting .302/.345/.520 for the Sea Dogs with 18 home runs and 80 RBIs over 96 games. He was a fifth round draft pick in 2007 and has made steady progress since.

Middlebrooks is in the lineup for Pawtucket tonight at McCoy Stadium.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Middlebrooks Promoted to Pawtucket

In Response to Middlebrooks Promoted to Pawtucket:
    By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff The Red Sox have promoted third baseman Will Middlebrooks from Class AA Portland to Class AAA Pawtucket. Middlebrooks, 22, was hitting .302/.345/.520 for the Sea Dogs with 18 home runs and 80 RBIs over 96 games. He was a fifth round draft pick in 2007 and has made steady progress since. Middlebrooks is in the lineup for Pawtucket tonight at McCoy Stadium.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil
    how are the PawSox doing this year?..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

I see Lowrie is batting 5th with a low OBP and no pop. While his numbers are much better against Lhp, Lowrie should be demoted to AAA. Middlebrooks should get a look now, with over a week before roster expansion. Time is of the essense and a good bat is needed now. Nothing to lose by looking at Middlebrooks now, too late for super 2 issues. Lowrie and aviles is a no go that is going.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

In Response to Re: Middlebrooks Promoted to Pawtucket:
    In Response to Middlebrooks Promoted to Pawtucket : how are the PawSox doing this year?..
    Posted by jete02fan

They are doing very well. Tied for first. Here are the standings.
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=l_sta&lid=117

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I would play him with the PawSox--he will be a Fenway for the Futures Game Saturday---if he hits the wall and fields okay we may see him for the Texas series--though I think they might like to also see him in the IL Playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I see Lowrie is batting 5th with a low OBP and no pop. While his numbers are much better against Lhp,Lowrie should be demoted to AAA. Middlebrooks should get a look now, with over a week before roster expansion. Time is of the essense and a good bat is needed now. Nothing to lose by looking at Middlebrooks now, too late for super 2 issues. Lowrie and aviles is a no go that is going.
    Posted by softylaw

Makes perfect sense. Youk is out. Scut is out. By all means, demote Lowrie.
    Then AGONE can cover SS/3rd.

I'll bet the flies in UR tent wish they could open the flaps...to let you out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Rick Middleton is making a comeback? huh

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Rick Middleton is making a comeback? huh
    Posted by dannycater

Do you recall his nickname?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Nifty

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

You're pretty good.
    I'll bet that would have stumped most around here.
    I was talking to a friend today, an M's fan, who lived in Boston for a few years. We were discussing sports greats.

I said I only knew of two that were so immensely  talented, they changed their game forever. Babe Ruth was one. Can you guess the other?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Bobby Orr

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

You're pretty good. I'll bet that would have stumped most around here. I was talking to a friend today, an M's fan, who lived in Boston for a few years. We were discussing sports greats. I said I only knew of two that were so immensely  talented, they changed their game forever. Babe Ruth was one. Can you guess the other?
    Posted by harness
    Got to be a defenseman , wore number 4 for Bruins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

you could make a case that Pele changed the face of soccer...but since it reverted back to the dullest 90 minutes of watching grass grow, not to mention another 20 minutes of *extra time* I guess Pele only temporarily changed the face of that sport.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yup.

It was ORR.

We were truly blessed to see his game-altering brilliance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

This makes me worry about Youk.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

You're pretty good. I'll bet that would have stumped most around here. I was talking to a friend today, an M's fan, who lived in Boston for a few years. We were discussing sports greats. I said I only knew of two that were so immensely  talented, they changed their game forever. Babe Ruth was one. Can you guess the other?
    Posted by harness

Bruins suck, go Flyers!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveymo1234. Show daveymo1234's posts

I see Lowrie is batting 5th with a low OBP and no pop. While his numbers are much better against Lhp, Lowrie should be demoted to AAA. Middlebrooks should get a look now, with over a week before roster expansion. Time is of the essense and a good bat is needed now. Nothing to lose by looking at Middlebrooks now, too late for super 2 issues. Lowrie and aviles is a no go that is going.
    Posted by softylaw

your endless stupidity is amazing...I've grown so weary from it it's almost too hard to say it...FACE...there now I feel better and I know you do to...tell the yankees everyone in Red Sox Nation says hello  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Your endless idiocy ends up as drivel out of the corner of your FACE.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Middlebrooks Promoted to Pawtucket : your endless stupidity is amazing...I've grown so weary from it it's almost too hard to say it...FACE...there now I feel better and I know you do to...tell the yankees everyone in Red Sox Nation says hello  
    Posted by daveymo1234

Do you need the EDC to email you instructions on the purposes and use of the "Igore" button? Or do you even need help contacting the BDC?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Nifty
    Posted by dannycater

Loved to watch Nifty Rick go around every player and then beat the goalie. All time favorite play was when he swung his stick at a bouncing puck and in mid air batted it in to the net, unbelievable!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF2nuERewU4

For the youngsters out there who may not have seen the Legend.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

It's only one game but Middlebrooks seemed overmatched or pressing last night. He struck out three times in four ab's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Middlebrooks Promoted to Pawtucket :  Loved to watch Nifty Rick go around every player and then beat the goalie. All time favorite play was when he swung his stick at a bouncing puck and in mid air batted it in to the net, unbelievable!
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

he was outstanding at getting underneath as they say, he worked so well with Barry Pederson too. The passing give and gos between the two. Rick was just a terrific force offensively, and you look back and you got to say it was a great trade when they got him from the Rangers with Ratelle. Middleton was a great player on the Lunch Pail teams.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Here is a real hockey player from a real hockey team - 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts