Middlebrooks should be in Pawtucket

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Middlebrooks should be in Pawtucket

Someone of his age and lack of experience should be in Pawrucket working on his swing and not on the Major League roster. .199 in the 8 hole?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: Middlebrooks should be in Pawtucket

Come on, ADG, you usually at least wait until the end of the game before you post the "Daily Whine."y

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Let's change this into a Ryan dempster appreciation thread! Thanks dempster for pitching into the 8th and giving the pen a rest!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Let's change this into a Ryan dempster appreciation thread! Thanks dempster for pitching into the 7th and giving the pen a rest!

8th

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Let's change this into a Ryan dempster appreciation thread! Thanks dempster for pitching into the 7th and giving the pen a rest!

8th

[/QUOTE]

True ill fix that was just trying to look on the bright sideCool

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

It's too bad, cuz everyone else on the team was hitting well tonight.  Including Ross.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I was going to start the same thread.  Middlebrooks can't hit, doesn't walk, doesn't move runners and is not a good fielder.  He killed them tonight and last night.  Time to send him packing to Pawtucket.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Out of Boston's three hits, Iggy hit two of them. 

As for Middlebrooks, he should spend more time at AAA. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I reluctantly agree.  I was hoping to see Iggy and Bogaerts on the left side next year, and trade WMB for value.  Demoting him hurts his value, but right now, he is the offensive version of Bard.  It's always, always, always, the K/W.

And I question his attitude.  When asked about his Ks awhile back, he responded something about being a free swinger, as if that was an acceptable rationale for not controling the strike zone.

Now he talks about losing his spark, with not even a full season behind him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Someone of his age and lack of experience should be in Pawrucket working on his swing and not on the Major League roster. .199 in the 8 hole?

If there's a Pawtucket Red Sox chatboard, you should go there to post.  Your posting is all predictable kneejerk scapgoating in response the most recent loss and demonstrates no baseball insight and appreciation for the game.  You've earned all the contempt and mockery that you're receiving in return from Conan and others.  You belong in the minors too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

[QUOTE]

If there's a Pawtucket Red Sox chatboard, you should go there to post.  Your posting is all predictable kneejerk scapgoating in response the most recent loss and demonstrates no baseball insight and appreciation for the game.  You've earned all the contempt and mockery that you're receiving in return from Conan and others.  You belong in the minors too.

[/QUOTE]

.199 ave. .233 OBP, doesn't move runners, not fielding well.  I think the assessment was spot on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Middlebrooks is clearly struggling against every pitcher he sees right now.

Where is that "hitting it up the middle" theory with this guy?  He is strong enough to hit home runs, but will not hit anything swinging at bad pitches as he has been doing lately.

He has the power potential that they saw last season, but perhaps he could use a month down in AAA to become consistent again.  Certainly, Iglesias can play third base as well as Middlebrooks AND he got two more hits again tonight to raise his BA over .FOUR 50

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

.199 ave. .233 OBP, doesn't move runners, not fielding well.  I think the assessment was spot on.

[/QUOTE]

It is blatantly obvious that Middlebrooks is performing poorly, and I'm not defending Middlebrooks's performance.  It's about criticising unoriginal and predictable posting.  The Red Sox just made a move to release Ciriaco, so this means that Iggy is here for good.  They need to decide the optimum combination for the left side of the infield for August, September and beyond.  That's why they need to get a better look at what they have right now before they pull any strings to make a move.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Let's change this into a Ryan dempster appreciation thread! Thanks dempster for pitching into the 8th and giving the pen a rest!

I agree

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to klaus1954's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is blatantly obvious that Middlebrooks is performing poorly, and I'm not defending Middlebrooks's performance.  It's about criticising unoriginal and predictable posting.  The Red Sox just made a move to release Ciriaco, so this means that Iggy is here for good.  They need to decide the optimum combination for the left side of the infield for August, September and beyond.  That's why they need to get a better look at what they have right now before they pull any strings to make a move.  

[/QUOTE]

Great post. Every fan in RSN is disappointed in Middlebrooks now. These posters that think that they are the first to recognize it are hard to believe.

[/QUOTE]

It's not about being the first to recognize anything.  The fact is that this team can't afford to have a black hole at 3B.  Sitting Middlebrooks on bench isn't the answer either. He should be starting and batting fifth for PAWTUCKET.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ummmm.....except that he is right. How long do you leave a guy hitting as poorly as WMB in the lineup at the ML level? He is also hurting us defensively. He needs to go down to Pawtucket very very soon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great post. Every fan in RSN is disappointed in Middlebrooks now. These posters that think that they are the first to recognize it are hard to believe.

[/QUOTE]

Your right Klaus! Could you Fedex some of your pompoms over here so I can wave them with you in unison?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You are getting tomatoes thrown at you for pointing out the obvious.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In December our buddy started a separate thread belittling me after I wrote: ""I hope Middlebrooks performs well in 2013, but I would not be surprised if he spends some time in Pawtucket."

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/hills-crystal-ball-middlebrooks-to-need-more-time-in-aaa-in-2013/100/6461256?page=1

Other posters piled on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

In December our buddy started a separate thread belittling me after I wrote: ""I hope Middlebrooks performs well in 2013, but I would not be surprised if he spends some time in Pawtucket."

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/hills-crystal-ball-middlebrooks-to-need-more-time-in-aaa-in-2013/100/6461256?page=1

Other posters piled on.

Where's softy now?

So many posters on this site assume a player will continue playing as well as their most recent 3 months, 3 weeks or even 3 games. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your right Klaus! Could you Fedex some of your pompoms over here so I can wave them with you in unison?

[/QUOTE]

Ok, Pumpsie, so you decide to go through life with the "the glass is half empty" miserable attitude and always expect the "worst," and that's fine, but don't bash fans who are enjoying a terrific season so far because they choose to look at the positive and enjoy the ride.  These players are human, they have good days and bad, just like everyone else in the world.  Well, except for the fact that most of them are very young guys who were handed millions of dollars, yet can't really go out and have fun or make a mistake without millions of people hearing about it.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

WMB spent less than half a season in AAA---he needs to return there to finish his development. He was rushed to the majors had the makings of a good season when he was injured. This is not unusual--who knows when Machado comes down to earth he may be in the same boat--I doubt it but you never know.

The question is who takes WMB's place----I don't think XMan is ready after two games--so from within you have Almanzar in AA, Holt who is a super sub batting .275 no power or Brandon Snyder who like Holt has had a little Major League experience but does show some power.

The third option is Iggy @ 3B, Drew @ SS and Holt as Utility--or make a trade. I would go with the #2 option. Perhaps if Drew isn't wondering if I'm playing everyday--that he won the SS position and the confidence of the manager he may begin to relax at the plate and become a "Hitting Machine" and make up for lost time.

Sections
Shortcuts