Middlebrooks was horrible

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Middlebrooks was horrible

Typical BDC Front Burner bashing thread.

When, earlier this year, someone posted that Middlebrooks would be the playoff MVP, I scoffed at that.

However, I didn't think Middlebrooks would be MVP , I did expect him to be a bigger part of this year's success.

Throwing stones when a player is at a low point is rough.

Many of you did this with Lackey....where do you think this team is without him?

Many of you have jumped all over Buchholz, but he pitched when obviously not even close to 100% and risked being a goat....he did this unselfishly for his team.....where is the apology or the praise for a kid that gave his best effort with less than his usual arsenal of pitches?

Middlebrooks day will come. It just hasn't come yet. Ease up on him, everyone can't be a hero everyday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[/QUOTE]

Wrong on all counts.  But it was a catchable throw...

[/QUOTE]

Catchable if he wasn't obstructed by Craig who doubled up with a hand to WM's back.  The umpires were looking at the "Wong" guy for obstruction/interference.  Umpires, like some football referees need to understand that players decide game outcomes, not them.  Discretion can be applied at any time, but it wasn't in Game 3, and it dictated the final score.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Typical BDC Front Burner bashing thread.

When, earlier this year, someone posted that Middlebrooks would be the playoff MVP, I scoffed at that.

However, I didn't think Middlebrooks would be MVP , I did expect him to be a bigger part of this year's success.

Throwing stones when a player is at a low point is rough.

Many of you did this with Lackey....where do you think this team is without him?

Many of you have jumped all over Buchholz, but he pitched when obviously not even close to 100% and risked being a goat....he did this unselfishly for his team.....where is the apology or the praise for a kid that gave his best effort with less than his usual arsenal of pitches?

Middlebrooks day will come. It just hasn't come yet. Ease up on him, everyone can't be a hero everyday.

I would like to give this post a +Million! I think Zilla says is absolutely perfectly. You know..it's really easy to pile on and make judgments about a player's character when they are down..and struggling.  Just like it's really easy to be a fair weather fan and be all supportive when someone is doing well.

The reality is we don't know anything about Will Middlebrook's character or heart..just like we don't know anything about Clay's character or heart. ( oh wait...we do).

I've often thought you can tell a lot about a person who only follows success..the fair weather fan ( or friend) who is only too willing to kick a person when they are down. Will is a great player who is going through a rough season.

5. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts