Middlebrooks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from floridamike. Show floridamike's posts

Middlebrooks

He definitely has big time potential.....

What are you expectations for him in 2013?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Middlebrooks

If Middlebrooks is healthy, then my prediction is this,.....

BA: .285

HR: 28

RBI: 85

OBP: .380

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I hope he stays healthy.  I think he's going to bat #6-7 as of right now.  He could have lots of strike outs and some power numbers as well.  I don't think he will be a awesome OBP guy but should be average to above average slugger.  

Just for funs guys, WMB's 2013 will be something like in 150+ games and 550+ ABs .267/.313/.498 26HRs 75RBIs 70Rs 7SBs 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Is Will Middlebrooks the thirdbaseman who posted a .331/.368/.592/.960 in 152 plate appearances before the Kevin Youkilis trade or the player who posted a .240/.276/.416/.692 line in 134 plate appearances after the trade?

I hope Middlebrooks performs well in 2013, but I would not be surprised if he spends some time in Pawtucket.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

So you think he's a top 5 third baseman then.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

I would be pleased if his first full year at 3B produced a mid .800's OPS. I think he will have a lot of years better than that, but his first full year in MLB will be new and he's inepxerienced because of it.

Great point.  Unfortunately, the sophmore slump is a very real thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

Is Will Middlebrooks the thirdbaseman who posted a .331/.368/.592/.960 in 152 plate appearances before the Kevin Youkilis trade or the player who posted a .240/.276/.416/.692 line in 134 plate appearances after the trade?

I hope Middlebrooks performs well in 2013, but I would not be surprised if he spends some time in Pawtucket.

I would suspect somwhere in between the two.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I figure him offensively as someone who will strike out some, but also give you some pop. More of a 6 - 7 hitter than a 3 - 4 - 5, kind of like Dewey Evans back in the day. Defensively I'm hoping he can keep improving, as he still seems to need some work there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

.275  .315    22-HR

I may be underestimating in order to be happy when I am wrong ... but maybe thinking that is really too optimistic.  Being a RS fan often means being neurotic :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

So you think he's a top 5 third baseman then.

In 2013, I think he will be a top five 3rd baseman.   :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michaelkayn. Show Michaelkayn's posts

Plate Discipline will be key!

If he can be a little more selective and take some walks then I think he could be a .290 hitter and put up close to elite power numbers, I love his swing, compact and powerful, but I have concerns about his approach and the fact that he's coming off a wrist injury. I think hes going to play solid at 3B

i'll be surprised if he hits less then 20 HR 75 RBI

Low End .260 19 HR 65 RBI .290 OBP

High End .295 32 HR 90 RBI .360 OBP

If he has a huge breakout year I would not be the least bit surprised,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

He kind of reminds me of Longoira in ways.

Last year he had that lingering hamstring problem, hopefully that won't show up again.

I'd expect .270-.280/25/85 RBI

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michaelkayn. Show Michaelkayn's posts

Great piece on Middlebrooks, sound like he really wants to work hard, he really wants to be great. Thats what we need and if he works and learns the way he says hes going to then we might just be in for a treat.

I also LOVE the Longoria comparison Bisson1, good call!

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/8594187/will-middlebrooks-took-advantage-time-shelf

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

270-310-460-780

If he didn't hit in Fenway, but a bad hitters park like Seattle....

255-295-420-720

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to BMav's comment:

270-310-460-780

255-295-420-720

Did you forget that there moving the fences in in Safeco? might want to revise your #'s

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

270-310-460-780

255-295-420-720

Did you forget that there moving the fences in in Safeco? might want to revise your #'s

LOL. Lets just revise my park instead....Petco........oh wait, never mind........Marlins park.......I think.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

270-310-460-780 If he didn't hit in Fenway, but a bad hitters park like Seattle.... 255-295-420-720

Funny math.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Laughing some more. I made last minute adjustments and forgot to add AGAIN.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I think 28/85 is possible though a bit optimistic......285 very optimistic....and .380 would be miraculous because he doesn't walk much.  Only 13 BBs vs 70 Ks in 286 PAs in 2012.

That K/BB ratio is his Achilles Heel......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Will Middlebrooks posted an on-base percentage of .333 in 1,706 minor league at-bats.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Some of these Obp are pretty gracious.  Granted he can continue up the learning curve and get the with more patience or more power,  I'm hopeful that he will but I wouldn't bank on it.

My expectations are for him to play healthy all year and adjust to pitchers adjusting to him.

Maybe a .285/.335/.465

Maybe less, maybe more and definitely some solid defense on the hot corner

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Some of these Obp are pretty gracious.  Granted he can continue up the learning curve and get the with more patience or more power,  I'm hopeful that he will but I wouldn't bank on it.

My expectations are for him to play healthy all year and adjust to pitchers adjusting to him.

Maybe a .285/.335/.465

This is probably the most realistic line he would have. Possibly a bit higher SLG, but I do see an OPS north of .800

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Maybe a .285/.335/.465

This is probably the most realistic line he would have. Possibly a bit higher SLG, but I do see an OPS north of .800

yeah i think that will be pretty accurate. maybe an extended time working with our better OBP guys will help him out on that front. safe to say he will be getting better the more experience he gets though. just gotta hope he can make good adjustments

Sections
Shortcuts