Middlebrooks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Middlebrooks

Keep Middlebrooks in Boston and ride this storm out.  During games I find it easy to get mad at him, but overall he is the best choice in the Sox system. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Keep Middlebrooks in Boston and ride this storm out.  During games I find it easy to get mad at him, but overall he is the best choice in the Sox system. 

I agree, which is a part of the problem. 

Possibly if there were a viable alternative Middy could be sent to Pawtucket to get his hitting straightened out but without that viable alternative the team has no choice but to keep him with the ML club as a work in progress.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Sadly, this is probably true. I do not want to see Ciriaco at 3B for many games, and there are no ML ready prospects at that position. The only alternative to Muddlebrooks is via trade in July, if he has not figured it out by then. Meanwhile, his lack of hitting and approach at the plate is nauseating to watch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I'm not advocating giving up on Middlebrooks, but I don't think it's true at all that the farm system is barren at 3B.  Bogaerts and Almanzar are our two best hitters at AA right now, and both could play 3B.  Either could jump to the majors and give you better ABs than Ciriaco.  Cecchini's been a monster at Salem - I'm not suggesting he make the jump from A+ to the majors, but the only reason he's still in Salem is because Almanzar has been so good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmo3of4. Show dmo3of4's posts

his at-bats are becoming embarassing-- he looks slow on the fastball and lost on the off speed stuff. Most importantly, he has absolutely zero confidence at the plate.  How is his confridence best restored?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

The kid has talent, give him some time. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

The kid has talent, give him some time. 

For how long? Over the last month, since his three HR game, he is batting .161/.441. These are not the kind of numbers that are tolerable for a full season-so how much more time do we give him? I would say no more than one more month, maximum. There are, unfortunately, no good alternatives other than Snyder at AAA. Sutton is apparently on the DL, but when he returns he could come up. The point is that there should be a limit as to how long the team will put up with abhorrent numbers like Wil Muddlebrooks is putting up right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Muddlebrooks? how cute and adolecent like.

Its one thing to make up childish names for vet players I guess, but to pick on a kid in his 1st full year is a little much IMO...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Its one thing to make up childish names for vet players I guess, but to pick on a kid in his 1st full year is a little much IMO...

Makes some "fans" feel clever, I guess...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

I have some good conversations with PG here and on the game thread were on. Just dont care much for the name calling coming from grown adults.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I have some good conversations with PG here and on the game thread were on. Just dont care much for the name calling coming from grown adults.

I've read Pumpsie posts from other boards and wasn't impressed.

One of the first things he did, apon returning here, was to lauch an unprovoced attack on a female member.

Fortunately, other members didn't ignore it.

He seems to be behaving himself now.

You can certainly form your own opinion, as I have.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

One of the first things he did, apon returning here, was to lauch an unprovoced attack on a female member.

I hear ya. Ive seen some bouts hes had with other posters, but i have no idea why as Im not involved in them, nor care to be. Overall, hes been respectful to me. If someone is cool with me, Ill be cool with them. I try to get along with most people here, or anywhere, until they give me a reason not to.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I hear ya. Ive seen some bouts hes had with other posters, but i have no idea why as Im not involved in them, nor care to be. Overall, hes been respectful to me. If someone is cool with me, Ill be cool with them. I try to get along with most people here, or anywhere, until they give me a reason not to.

Yup.

That's the way to be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

As I have about you, FourBs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I am quite sure he doesn't bother to read these threads SP. "Picking on him" is a stretch. Sorry. I have no problem with nicknames.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I am quite sure he doesn't bother to read these threads SP. "Picking on him" is a stretch. Sorry. I have no problem with nicknames.

Of course he doesnt read them and Im sure he could care less. I know that. Its just the point of using names like that. Although, PG, I wouldnt classify them as "nicknames"  ;)

see you on the game thread.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I'm disappointed I don't have a "nickname" yet. LOL

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I'm disappointed I don't have a "nickname" yet. LOL

I do not give nicknames to people who are not public figures, ie, other posters. If I were a public figure I would expect name calling, compliments, and complaints. It comes with the territory.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Hey trantor  I see nobody has responded to a single one of your first 124 posts.... allow me to be the first:

F U 

Even that is more than he deserves Burrito. HFX is right: Pike should be ignored. Let his posts wave in the breeze, unanswered.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Of course he doesnt read them and Im sure he could care less. I know that. Its just the point of using names like that. Although, PG, I wouldnt classify them as "nicknames"  ;)

How about "Laser Show"? Is that nickname OK? Or is it just the negative nicknames to which you object. You know what they say about names: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names can never hurt me". In my case they are intended to be humorous.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

How about "Laser Show"? Is that nickname OK? Or is it just the negative nicknames to which you object. You know what they say about names: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names can never hurt me". In my case they are intended to be humorous.

its all good. just giving my opinion.