Middlebrooks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmo3of4. Show dmo3of4's posts

Middlebrooks

Given his prolonged struggles does anyone feel he would benefit from some time at AAA? He is clearly pressing and has now had 80 ABs, not such a small sample size.  I think this must be considered -- for how long can someone maintain any degree of confidence hitting 160-180?

And how would he be replaced on an interim basis?  Ciriaco certainly has not recaptured last year's magic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Middlebrooks

He'll stay. A lot of fans will always suggest this, but teams don't send slumping starters to the minors. It's simply isn't done unless in an extreme situation, and the Middlebrooks' isn't close to that situation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

If he is still hitting below 200 in late  june they might think about doing something. Certainly not now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It might not be a bad idea to sit him down for a couple of games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

ZIPS projects a .245/.281/.429/.710 line for Will Middlebrooks in 445 plate appearances the remainder of the season while Steamer projects a .262/.306/.460/.766 line in 421 plate appearances.

Middlebrooks is doing his best Alex Liddi impersonation, but he could turn it around.

As an aside, Middlebrooks' UZR/150 numbers dropped significantly in recent weeks. I don't get to watch the games, but to the naked eye has Middlebrooks experienced defensive probems lately?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

ZIPS projects a .245/.281/.429/.710 line for Will Middlebrooks in 445 plate appearances the remainder of the season while Steamer projects a .262/.306/.460/.766 line in 421 plate appearances.

Middlebrooks is doing his best Alex Liddi impersonation, but he could turn it around.

As an aside, Middlebrooks' UZR/150 numbers dropped significantly in recent weeks. I don't get to watch the games, but to the naked eye has Middlebrooks experienced defensive probems lately?

And did Zips project Middlebrooks was going to start off this way? Because if they didnt who cares what they project for the rest of the year?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I project that hill55 will make at least 150 more posts disparaging a Sox player this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Come on guys! This is now the last Sox player left that softy likes. We can't send him down!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Wow, just 2 weeks ago the conversation was about Middlebrooks moving up to 3rd in the order, and Geo proclaiming that WMB was proof positive that you have to go with the younger players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Come on guys! This is now the last Sox player left that softy likes. We can't send him down!

Given that Softy is wrong about 90% of the time, you might want to re-think that one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

NO and I bet all of you forget that Dustin hit 182 his first full month in 2007. They stayed with him and now they have a leader just as Middlebrooks will be.
    You folks need to start remembering histoy BTW you should also remember that Middlebrooks has come with more potential that they thought DP had.

Stop shipping guys out before they are given a chance we know he can play and hit.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

I am told that Pike never expressed faux concerns about Sox players or rarely bashed players like Softlaw, Andrewmitch, Georom, and Bill did on a daily basis. It is said that Pike only exposed forum posters who came here to bash everything Red Sox.  How can you call him a troll when he was here to neutralize trolls ( those with false concerns, pretenders)?

pike do you think this is a site for the visually impaired?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to dmo3of4's comment:

Given his prolonged struggles does anyone feel he would benefit from some time at AAA? He is clearly pressing and has now had 80 ABs, not such a small sample size.  I think this must be considered -- for how long can someone maintain any degree of confidence hitting 160-180?

And how would he be replaced on an interim basis?  Ciriaco certainly has not recaptured last year's magic.

Farrell hit it right on the money when asked about Middy.  He swings at too many bad pitches, or in my own words can't lay off anything for more than one AB.  I think a lot of us misjudged his overall talent. 

He still has a great deal to work on!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beezer. Show beezer's posts

if you are moving someone PLEASE make it drew

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

In response to dmo3of4's comment:

Farrell hit it right on the money when asked about Middy.  He swings at too many bad pitches, or in my own words can't lay off anything for more than one AB.  I think a lot of us misjudged his overall talent. 

He still has a great deal to work on!

Is this all that you took out of this win? How sad.

Whats sad is the fact some fans hate criticism where criticism is due.  I'm one fan who predicted 88 wins or more this year and a playoff spot so every game we win is great. 

Don't cover your eyes to the obvious, it won't get you very far in life if you can't see the flip side, or are afraid to except it.  For this team to succeed everyone including Middy needs to do their part.

49 year Sox fan here!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Try to open you eyes and take note that this forum runs on NEGATIVITY. Look at who starts the threads ( Softy, ADG, JackBU, Georom, Andrewmitch, Bosox1941, and other trolls).  Positive fans NEVER start threads because such threads have a five hr. shelf life. Why bother. Negativity sells, Positivity doesn't.  Positive posters have left the forum or never enter. Negative fans or trolls stay here to annoy, enable, be entertained, and act like 12 yr. olds by calling players schoolyard names like Beavis & Butthead would. Wake up and see the forum for what is is. The voluntary, mercenary , villains named Softlaw, Bill, and Georom are keeping it barely afloat. Moon calls them pretenders but to him it is any port in a storm - a lonely man. Bill does wink-wink and the gullible don't even realize that he is toying with them.

We have good, bad, positive, negative, misinformed and down right annoying posters here which is why you need to be open minded and have a thick skin.  We also have a lot of friendly "positive and negative posters" who start threads all the time including myself.

Some may not have the time to keep them going as long but the honesty in our threads and how some take them speaks for itself, or NOT.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

In response to hill55's comment:

And did Zips project Middlebrooks was going to start off this way? Because if they didnt who cares what they project for the rest of the year?

Before the season started, ZIPS projected a .255/.292/.434/.726 line for Will Middlebrooks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I project that hill55 will make at least 150 more posts disparaging a Sox player this season.

How soon you forgot that just last week I posted Will Middlebrooks' then-impressive UZR/150 numbers:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/anybody-worried-about-middlebrooks/100/6609269?ia=17005885

Sections
Shortcuts