Middlebrooks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Re: Middlebrooks

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Montero benched again.

One major difference between Montero and Lavarnway is that Montero has been given a fair chance at the ML level and failed (so far); Lavarnway hasn't even been given that chance. Thats why I would prefer Lavarnway on my team- rather than a proven failure I would take a guy who is an unknown.

I'm not sure I'd call a .260 BA and 15 HRs playing with big park Seattle a "failure".

He has a .703 career MLB OPS at age 23.

MLB catcher OPS the last 3 years:

2011: .704

2012: .717

2013: .732

Seattle handed the starting catchers job to Montero this spring. In less than a month he has been dropped to 8th. in the batting order and sits every other game. Four extra base hits all season and hitting just 200.

For a prospect many thought was at the very least capable of hitting Montero has failed.

Say what you want about the yankees front office but they clearly saw his expectations were on a downward spiral which is why they cut bait with him.

Catchers in this game are in some respects more valuable than starting pitchers.

Teams don't give up on them without good cause.

There is reality then we have your opinion.

King Felix Seattle's best pitcher has started 7 games this season, the only game Shoppach caught was The King's second game on April 6.

Montero caught the season opener minus the 2nd all the rest since.

Appears King Felix has had a change of heart.

No bat no glove Montero watched from the bench.

Can you really call a guy who only plays 50% of the time a starter?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Montero benched again.

One major difference between Montero and Lavarnway is that Montero has been given a fair chance at the ML level and failed (so far); Lavarnway hasn't even been given that chance. Thats why I would prefer Lavarnway on my team- rather than a proven failure I would take a guy who is an unknown.

I'm not sure I'd call a .260 BA and 15 HRs playing with big park Seattle a "failure".

Seattle handed the starting catchers job to Montero this spring. In less than a month he has been dropped to 8th. in the batting order and sits every other game. Four extra base hits all season and hitting just 200.

For a prospect many thought was at the very least capable of hitting Montero has failed.

Say what you want about the yankees front office but they clearly saw his expectations were on a downward spiral which is why they cut bait with him.

Catchers in this game are in some respects more valuable than starting pitchers.

King Felix Seattle's best pitcher has started 7 games this season, the only game Shoppach caught was The King's second game on April 6.

Past two years Montero couldn't catch in the MLB per HH.

Now his argument relegated to is he a starter? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Middlebrooks finished April batting .194. 

13 games in just the month of May: .239

He's hitting more 2Bs than HRs this month. 

This commercial was brought to you by fans of Will Middlebrooks. And now, back to your regularly scheduled program... Jesus Montero.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

Middlebrooks finished April batting .194. 

13 games in just the month of May: .239

He's hitting more 2Bs than HRs this month. 

This commercial was brought to you by fans of Will Middlebrooks. And now, back to your regularly scheduled program... Jesus Montero.

Lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Montero benched again.

Nice try Pop's

Montero is a total bust and while still in the yankee farm system you predicted greatness.

I understand your ego won't allow you to admit (yet again) you pumped up another failure.

Look at the bright side.  Your overdue to get one right.

Or not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Thursday was a rare day that saw Will Middlebrooks and Jesus Montero each draw a walk, although Middlebrooks had the big hit to move past Montero in batting average (.211 to .204 after starting the day at .208 and .211).

The Seattle Mariners and the Red Sox just completed similar series, winning two of three on the road against an AL East opponent. Each team blew a 3-0 lead in losing the series opener before coming back with big innings to take the second game. The Mariners and Red Sox each won the rubber game of their series by the narrowest of margins in low-scoring affairs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

Thursday was a rare day that saw Will Middlebrooks and Jesus Montero each draw a walk, although Middlebrooks had the big hit to move past Montero in batting average (.211 to .204 after starting the day at .208 and .211).

The Seattle Mariners and the Red Sox just completed similar series, winning two of three on the road against an AL East opponent. Each team blew a 3-0 lead in losing the series opener before coming back with big innings to take the second game. The Mariners and Red Sox each won the rubber game of their series by the narrowest of margins in low-scoring affairs.

A big thanks to Seattle for knocking the Stankies down a peg.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

A big thanks to Seattle for knocking the Stankies down a peg.

In the process the Mariners evened their record at 1469-1469 in the regular season since I started following the M's at the beginning of the 1995 season.

If my math is correct.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Montero benched again.

Nice try Pop's

Montero is a total bust and while still in the yankee farm system you predicted greatness.

I understand your ego won't allow you to admit (yet again) you pumped up another failure.

Look at the bright side.  Your overdue to get one right.

Or not.

Unlike you I realize a few years has to pass before evaluating any prospect particularly pitchers.

Any simpleton who follows the game knows that much.

If after a few years at the MLB Montero is struggling I'll have no problem offering an honest opinion.

I guess if you feel Montero is a bust you then must feel the same about LaVarnway who is a few years older than Montero.

I've watched enough baseball in my life to know it takes time with young ballplayers both with Montero and with LaVarnway.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Hingham Himmler must also believe Middlebrooks is a bust.

Middlebrooks is a year older than Montero.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

How many times have the Mariners made it to the World Series?

That would be zero.

If your life has a success void yearning to be filled vicariously by the on-field success of your favorite sports team, the Seattle Mariners are not your team.

I am blessed that my life lacks that void.

If you're an armchair problem-solver ... well, the Mariners have presented many problems over the past decade.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

How many times have the Mariners made it to the World Series?

That would be zero.

If your life has a success void yearning to be filled vicariously by the on-field success of your favorite sports team, the Seattle Mariners are not your team.

I am blessed that my life lacks that void.

If you're an armchair problem-solver ... well, the Mariners have presented many problems over the past decade.

Wow, good answer. seriously...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

The difference old man is I never predicted greatness for Middlebrooks.

If evaluation of prospects takes a few years then why in hell do you continue to beat the drum of yankee prospects at such an annoying rate?

You have been doing it for years with zero success. See "3 super bees" , "Melanson", etc,etc.

How many times do I have to school you with the fact that prospects are just ballplayers that have accomplished nothing at the MLL.

Yes, you have been watching baseball for many,many years and still are clueless.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

The difference old man is I never predicted greatness for Middlebrooks.

If evaluation of prospects takes a few years then why in hell do you continue to beat the drum of yankee prospects at such an annoying rate?

You have been doing it for years with zero success. See "3 super bees" , "Melanson", etc,etc.

How many times do I have to school you with the fact that prospects are just ballplayers that have accomplished nothing at the MLL.

Yes, you have been watching baseball for many,many years and still are clueless.

And you as on other matters appear to be an absolute dope. But I am open to other interpretations.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Think Seatle just sent Montero down to AAA today. 

Let's goooo ... Middlebrooks!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

Think Seatle just sent Montero down to AAA today. 

Let's goooo ... Middlebrooks!

Could be. Montero hasn't played in a week and Seattle brought up another catcher.

Maybe TWM will finally admit he was wrong again about a NY prospect.

Sections
Shortcuts