Middlebrooks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Middlebrooks

Bring him up. They need to find out, once and for all. Last chance, then move on.

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  19m
    So @Middlebrooks is 9 of 28 with 3 HRs last 7 games of AAA rehab. Could 3B in contention for the #RedSox?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: Middlebrooks

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Bring him up. They need to find out, once and for all. Last chance, then move on.

So @Middlebrooks is 9 of 28 with 3 HRs last 7 games of AAA rehab. Could 3B in contention for the #RedSox?

demote bogaerts? 

i'm not necessarily against this idea but wondering who you would want sent down.

other names i have posted under:  none

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

demote bogaerts? 

i'm not necessarily against this idea but wondering who you would want sent down.

I think this probably assumes a Drew trade with Bogaerts back to short.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Maybe the one good thing about ringing the death knell in toronto is that it makes it easier to bring Will up and see what he has, whether to showcase or to see if he deserves one last shot. I would just move Bogaerts to short and let Drew be a supersub or, better yet, trade package sweetener.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

demote bogaerts? 

I agree with, FJ, slash  Bogaerts back to short. Try to trade Drew or DFA/trade Mujica

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

I'm not sure about carrying 1 less pitcher until september callups.  For WMB to come up i think we either need to trade drew or demote bogaerts. 
    here's the thing that concerns me about moving bogaerts back to SS....how close is merrerro?  2015?  i dont know if moving Bogaerts back for a couple months and then kicking him out of the spot again next year would be good for his head.

do the sox bring WMB up / send xander down in hopes that WMB can showcase himself for a waiver deal in august/sept when his stock goes back up or maybe even in the offseason?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

I'm not sure about carrying 1 less pitcher until september callups.  For WMB to come up i think we either need to trade drew or demote bogaerts. 
    here's the thing that concerns me about moving bogaerts back to SS....how close is merrerro?  2015?  i dont know if moving Bogaerts back for a couple months and then kicking him out of the spot again next year would be good for his head.

do the sox bring WMB up / send xander down in hopes that WMB can showcase himself for a waiver deal in august/sept when his stock goes back up or maybe even in the offseason?

Depends if they still think Bogaerts is "the short stop of the future" Pete Abe reported recently, they would "prefer" he remain at third; why was unclear. I wouldn't demote Bogaerts. He's succeeded at every level he's played. He needs to work it out on the mlb level, if he's going to stay here. I don't know if they've given up on WMB yet, but this may be his last gasp. in Boston. Bring up Workman?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Depends if they still think Bogaerts is still" the short stop of the future" Pete Abe reported recently, they would "prefer" he remain at third; why was unclear. I wouldn't demote Bogaerts. He's succeeded at every level he's played. He needs to work it out on the mlb level, if he's going to stay here. I don't know if they've given up on WMB yet, but this may be his last gasp. in Boston. Bring up Workman?

generally I would agree JB

but if they can't / don't move or bench drew

I could C sending bogarts down to gain some confidence so U can get a better read on mbrooks

like  U suggested which  is a good idea

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Waiting For Guffman---Middlebrooks (earlier it was Victorino)....like waiting for Gronkowski or waiting for something that would help but has taken so long that the return of the player is a too little, too late proposition. However, Middlebrooks could be traded, could take over 3rd, and could hit for power...Sounds like he's as good a candidate for innings as anyone on the team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

How many chances is he going to have.......  I think that he likes being home with his Jenny, JENNY DELL  !!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

How many chances is he going to have.......  I think that he likes being home with his Jenny, JENNY DELL  !!!!

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree Bill.  If the Sox were not rolling over right now, you stow Will in Rhode Island and package him for whatever you can get.  But, since they are rolling over, might as well just kick those big, goofy tires one last time.  Thats what I think anyway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree Bill.  If the Sox were not rolling over right now, you stow Will in Rhode Island and package him for whatever you can get.  But, since they are rolling over, might as well just kick those big, goofy tires one last time.  Thats what I think anyway.

I can see that too  !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I would bring back Middlebrooks, trade Drew, eating the contract, put Bogaerts at SS and se what they do. I like the potential hitting they bring on the left side.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

I would bring back Middlebrooks, trade Drew, eating the contract, put Bogaerts at SS and se what they do. I like the potential hitting they bring on the left side.

And theoretically that's what I thought the Sox wanted to do--Bogie at SS, Middy at 3b, but the problem is that the Sox, for whatever reason, lost confidence in Xander at SS or felt he was needed at 3b with Middy hurt. Never really can get a clear cut reason why Xander had to move from SS in the first place. That was supposed to be his position, the reason why Iglesias was expendable...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I would bring up Middlebrooks and Herrera. Trade Drew and Carp.  Move Shane to left. Jackie in center. Holt in right.  Will at third. Xander at short. Pedroia at second. Napoli at first. Vasquez catching. Ortiz at DH.  A bench of Nava, Herrera, Ross and Gomes. ( Gomes would be the next to go if we can find another right hand bat )  In the off season , I would go strong after a right hand power bat ( you know who ) and inquire about bringing back Iglesias to play short. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

I don't know if the Sox lost confidence in Bogaerts at SS after less than two months. Maybe, but I think moving him to 3B and signing of Drew had more to do with Drew being the best left-side option out there. Had Holt been playing more and hitting, maybe Drew wouldn't have been signed. But at that point (Middlebrooks' injury), Holt was still an unknown and the Sox had the hole on the left side. 

And theoretically that's what I thought the Sox wanted to do--Bogie at SS, Middy at 3b, but the problem is that the Sox, for whatever reason, lost confidence in Xander at SS or felt he was needed at 3b with Middy hurt. Never really can get a clear cut reason why Xander had to move from SS in the first place. That was supposed to be his position, the reason why Iglesias was expendable...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I would bring up Middlebrooks and Herrera. Trade Drew and Carp.  Move Shane to left. Jackie in center. Holt in right.  Will at third. Xander at short. Pedroia at second. Napoli at first. Vasquez catching. Ortiz at DH.  A bench of Nava, Herrera, Ross and Gomes. ( Gomes would be the next to go if we can find another right hand bat )  In the off season , I would go strong after a right hand power bat ( you know who ) and inquire about bringing back Iglesias to play short. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Why Shane to left. Holt has been OK, but I want Victorino in RF. Put Holt in LF, although the Gomes/Nava platoon has been effective recently like last year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

finally a sane plan....

[object HTMLDivElement]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

Why Shane to left. Holt has been OK, but I want Victorino in RF. Put Holt in LF, although the Gomes/Nava platoon has been effective recently like last year.

[object HTMLDivElement].   I was thinking left would be easier on his legs, especially at Fenway.  I would like to find a spot for Holt. I'm okay with Holt in left and Shane in right. Not a big difference. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

[object HTMLDivElement].   I was thinking left would be easier on his legs, especially at Fenway.  I would like to find a spot for Holt. I'm okay with Holt in left and Shane in right. Not a big difference. 

Yeah, I thought that was the rationale, but to me, if Victorino is going to get hurt, he'll get hurt playing LF or RF. And if he can't play RF like he did last year, I wouldn't want him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

What is it exactly we need to find out once in for all?  He has been on the DL repeatedly since hitting the pros and has only shown signs of a few shoRt hot streaks.  So why move Bogy again just so Middy can disrupt things all over again the next time he is out for a month or two.  I say package him in a deal including prospects for a real every day starter not one who might take another two years to develop.  We already have enough of them!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Agree 100% Give him 'till the end of the year; I think some people may be pleasantly surprised. He has at least a 50-50 shot. Put Bogaerts in LF for the same period, and let him fight it out with Nava (l-r combo, possibly) Say good bye, and thank you to Jonny G.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

its pretty obvious what needs to be done, since we are pretty much out of it anyways and theres no chance we resign drew, just deal him. We don’t need a left handed slap hitting ss at the bottom of our line up when we have a guy who wants to play short and a right handed power hitting 3B in the minors. And the fact of the matter is, despite drew’s recent hot streak, he still has brutal overall offensive numbers. Send him packing to a team that needs a ss/2b. keeping him on the team is pointless. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Deal Drew, slide Bogey to SS and WMB to 3B and let it fly for the rest of the year.  Re-evaluate the left side at seasons end. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Who do they get rid of? I agree, but they will have to cut the cord with Carp.

Sections
Shortcuts