Might Clay Buchholz be in the mix?Update:Buchholz activated

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Re: Might Clay Buchholz be in the mix?

In Response to Might Clay Buchholz be in the mix?:
    By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff BALTIMORE — So guess who was walking around the Red Sox clubhouse last night after the game? Clay Buchholz. Turns out he is not going to Florida today to pitch in an Instructional League game. He will stay with the team and quite possibly could be activated for the game. At least that's what he told WEEI.com. Many fans are harboring hopes that Buccholz could ride to the rescue as a starter if there's a play-in game tomorrow. But that seems far-fetched. Buchholz has not pitched in a major league game since June 16. His workload since then includes handful of bullpen sessions and one 18-pitch inning on Tuesday. At best he could throw 30-40 pitches in a game over two or maybe three innings. The best bet is that Buchholz serves as a reliever.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to Re: Might Clay Buchholz be in the mix?:
    In Response to Might Clay Buchholz be in the mix? :
    Posted by DeweyCBoston

Clay would be the safer choice vs Rays, Bruce Chen is a mistake in my view.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Might Clay Buchholz be in the mix? : Clay would be the safer choice vs Rays, Bruce Chen is a mistake in my view.
    Posted by DeweyCBoston

Bruce Chen is not only a mistake, bringing him in is an embarassment. Really Theo, this is the best that the Sox can do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

But let worry about tonite game.  And see who will be the bullpen pitchers to be use.  

I strongly think that Bucholtz could pitch tonite if Boston is going to blow out the Orioles.

Forget Chen...not worth to bring him in where he could make the other pitchers to feel insulted!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

But let worry about tonite game.  And see who will be the bullpen pitchers to be use.   I strongly think that Bucholtz could pitch tonite if Boston is going to blow out the Orioles. Forget Chen...not worth to bring him in where he could make the other pitchers to feel insulted!!
    Posted by 4079efa6860279c229d23166fa17dfda

Umm ... the pitchers need to just look at their ERA for this month ot feel insulted. Or at least they should. They don't need Chen coming in for that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Bucholtz only threw 18 pitches in Florida Monday. If he's in the mix, I would expect he would only throw an inning. At this point, its all hands on deck.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Bucholtz only threw 18 pitches in Florida Monday. If he's in the mix, I would expect he would only throw an inning. At this point, its all hands on deck.
    Posted by J-BAY

Agree that Buchholz couldn't pitch much more than an inning.  It still would be good to have him in the bullpen during the playoffs, (if we make it that far). 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff BALTIMORE — So guess who was walking around the Red Sox clubhouse last night after the game? Clay Buchholz. Turns out he is not going to Florida today to pitch in an Instructional League game. He will stay with the team and quite possibly could be activated for the game. At least that's what he told WEEI.com. Many fans are harboring hopes that Buccholz could ride to the rescue as a starter if there's a play-in game tomorrow. But that seems far-fetched. Buchholz has not pitched in a major league game since June 16. His workload since then includes handful of bullpen sessions and one 18-pitch inning on Tuesday. At best he could throw 30-40 pitches in a game over two or maybe three innings. The best bet is that Buchholz serves as a reliever.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

We had a lot of doubters here and still do who said Clay is done for the year because he can't get enough innings in and wouldn't be ready.  Clay will be available in some aspect if we make the playoffs, right now we just need to get there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

I trust the reports that at best he will pitch two-three innings at most. Don't really know what the thread title is suggesting " In the mix"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Win tonight ... throw the kitchen sink at the Rays tomorrow.   A few innings from Clay, a few from Wake (yikes) and Lackey (OMG!) and ... and .... screw it.   Maybe Scutaro can pitch.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

Posted by 2004Idiots
    Aw very interesting!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

In Response to Re: Might Clay Buchholz be in the mix? : Bruce Chen is not only a mistake, bringing him in is an embarassment. Really Theo, this is the best that the Sox can do.
    Posted by jrh1194

I prefer Ted Lilly. He is a gamer. But this would be a mistake and cost the Sox players because this is a trade deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ct-pitcher. Show ct-pitcher's posts

Posted by J-BAY

To me.. that is THE point "...it's all hands on deck."

Whomever can throw strikes for however long they can to get outs - do it, we're up against the wall or we're playing golf next week.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: Might Clay Buchholz be in the mix? : I prefer Ted Lilly. He is a gamer. But this would be a mistake and cost the Sox players because this is a trade deal.
    Posted by DirtDawgSox

If they make a deal it'll be for a guy that they see as part of the team for next year...Lilly would be a great addition! Personally if they can pull of a deal for Lilly now then what in EF tookem so long...

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts