Miguel Cabrera as Sox future DH

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Miguel Cabrera as Sox future DH

Miguel Cabrera is not defense oriented 1B and he's not old.  He's .311 career hitter with 33 HRs per yr on averge and around 120 RBIs.  He's got some character in himself but I think he's getting matured.  He's price tag comes cheaper than Pujols and Fielder but has same quality if not better. 

I understand Detorit won't part with him since he's very valuable to the team, but they also have VMart who can play at 1B.  We can at least try right? 

Youk, Iggy, Ranaudo, Doubront, and Reddick for Cabrera and Benoit

Youk can play 1B for Tigers and VMart stays at DH spot.  (Youk can be 5-6 M cheaper)
    Tigers might give Iggy a chance at SS because of his defensive skill
    Tigers don't need top of the rotation starter right now, they might be willing to take prospect, Doubront might be given his chance to be 5th starter, Reddick can be their RF or 4th OFer

Just another thoght...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonman1025. Show Bostonman1025's posts

Re: Miguel Cabrera as Sox future DH

You know we disagreed in our other post but I would do that. Can you imagine Gonzalez and Cabrera hitting back to back. I would even try and get Cabrera in shape to play left.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: Miguel Cabrera as Sox future DH:
    You know we disagreed in our other post but I would do that. Can you imagine Gonzalez and Cabrera hitting back to back. I would even try and get Cabrera in shape to play left.
    Posted by Bostonman1025

I agree. It gave me goosebumps thinking.  Ells-Pedroia-Agon-Cabrera

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Miguel Cabrera as Sox future DH:
    Miguel Cabrera is not defense oriented 1B and he's not old.  He's .311 career hitter with 33 HRs per yr on averge and around 120 RBIs.  He's got some character in himself but I think he's getting matured.  He's price tag comes cheaper than Pujols and Fielder but has same quality if not better.  I understand Detorit won't part with him since he's very valuable to the team, but they also have VMart who can play at 1B.  We can at least try right?  Youk, Iggy, Ranaudo, Doubront, and Reddick for Cabrera and Benoit Youk can play 1B for Tigers and VMart stays at DH spot.  (Youk can be 5-6 M cheaper) Tigers might give Iggy a chance at SS because of his defensive skill Tigers don't need top of the rotation starter right now, they might be willing to take prospect, Doubront might be given his chance to be 5th starter, Reddick can be their RF or 4th OFer Just another thoght...
    Posted by seannybboi

The Tigers won't trade one of baseball's elite hitters, a 28-year-old signed through 2015, for two years of an aging corner infielder (coming off two injury-marred seasons) and the Red Sox question marks.

Felix Doubront has a better chance of filling the vacant backend of the Red Sox rotation than the lefthander has of breaking the Tiger starting rotation.

That Red Sox package should be enough to land Joaquin Benoit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Cabrera is the best hitter in the game. He is also not a bad first baseman.
    He came up as a 3rd baseman-RF. Has a good arm.
    He's just a big body. Not like Prince, but needs to pare down some pounds.
    He still young,and has been around since he was 19.
    VMart has been a good influence on him. There is no such similar presence in the Sox clubhouse, to keep Cabrera's demons from returning.
    Still, Carbrera playing in Fenway is a really nice dream. I love watching him hit.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Miguel Cabrera as Sox future DH : The Tigers won't trade one of baseball's elite hitters, a 28-year-old signed through 2015, for two years of an aging corner infielder (coming off two injury-marred seasons) and the Red Sox question marks. Felix Doubront has a better chance of filling the vacant backend of the Red Sox rotation than the lefthander has of breaking the Tiger starting rotation. That Red Sox package should be enough to land Joaquin Benoit.
    Posted by hill55

Youk, Iggy, Ranaudo, Doubront, Reddick for Benoit? really?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

He's price tag comes cheaper than Pujols and Fielder but has same quality if not better. Posted by seannybboi
    how is he cheaper you still have to pay him 20 mill plus you are spending all that '' talent'' to get him
    Posted by pinstripezac

Pujols and Fielder will command more than 25M a year and alot more yrs than Cabrera.  Do you not think Cabrera's cheaper??

And We are not spending all that "Talent". we are getting Cabrera in return, plus we are not paying Youk's money aren't we? I don't know why you always tackle my post.  Can you just not read my post?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Miguel Cabrera as Sox future DH : Youk, Iggy, Ranaudo, Doubront, Reddick for Benoit? really?
    Posted by seannybboi

That should be enough, although Detroit might remove Kevin Youkilis (and his salary) from the deal because the Tigers are set at firstbase and designated hitter.

Joaquin Benoit is an established reliever. None of the Red Sox prospects is guaranteed to become an established player.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Miguel Cabrera is not defense oriented 1B and he's not old.  He's .311 career hitter with 33 HRs per yr on averge and around 120 RBIs.  He's got some character in himself but I think he's getting matured.  He's price tag comes cheaper than Pujols and Fielder but has same quality if not better.  I understand Detorit won't part with him since he's very valuable to the team, but they also have VMart who can play at 1B.  We can at least try right?  Youk, Iggy, Ranaudo, Doubront, and Reddick for Cabrera and Benoit Youk can play 1B for Tigers and VMart stays at DH spot.  (Youk can be 5-6 M cheaper) Tigers might give Iggy a chance at SS because of his defensive skill Tigers don't need top of the rotation starter right now, they might be willing to take prospect, Doubront might be given his chance to be 5th starter, Reddick can be their RF or 4th OFer Just another thoght...
    Posted by seannybboi

Miggy is likely a future HOFer.  He does have some baggage with the drinking and stuff but the man was put on earth to hit a baseball.  But do you really want him with the beer and chicken gang? 
    Also, going back the other way is a broken down Youk.  and prospects. 
    We essentially rob them in this deal.  Detroit can and will spend money and Miggy isnt going anywhere even though I would rather have Miggy over AGon.  Thats how much I like him.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from fenway155z. Show fenway155z's posts

This might sound crazy but I think the sox should look to explore an Ellsbury trade. His value is huge and the sox are probably not going to resign him. If Ellsbury is put on the block, sky is the limit.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Why does everyone assume Youk is broken down?   He will heal from the hernia, then work on the hip.  I wouldn't throw his career out just yet.  

But no way Detroit makes that deal. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Posted by seannybboi

I just wish people would get real with these posts.... this is a pipe dream and will never happen for more reasons than the package youre suggesting.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

If the Tigers throw in Verlander as a salary dump, then the Sox need to be all over that deal!

Stupid thread...Tigers have Cabrera locked up until 2015, why would they trade one of the top 5 hitters in the game for an injury prone corner IF'er and 3 questionable prospects?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Posted by seannybboi

It would seem that you think about acquiring Miguel Cabrera like deciding to have a roast beef sandwich at Kelly's. Hmmm...what do I feel like today? Pizza? Roast beef? Adrian Gonzalez at first base? Miguel Cabrera sounds good today...

I will never cease to marvel at the incredible nature of Red Sox Nation...which attempts to dream deals into reality.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

If the Tigers throw in Verlander as a salary dump, then the Sox need to be all over that deal! Stupid thread...Tigers have Cabrera locked up until 2015, why would they trade one of the top 5 hitters in the game for an injury prone corner IF'er and 3 questionable prospects?
    Posted by KRomine

I know why the Tigers would send Miguel Cabrera to Boston. BECAUSE RED SOX NATION dreams it up! Simple.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Done deal.  Then, we package Ellsbury, Kalish, Tazawa, Middlebrooks and Lavarnway for King Felix and our 2012 roster is set.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Agree that it is not going to happen!!  Plus I do not like the idea of giving away SS along with two other top two best pitching prospects!!!  Wow, thought we all have been talking about Boston need pitching badly, and now I am seeing this trade proposal is substracting two more pitchers!!!

For your information, top four best pitching prospects will be untouchable!!!

They can have Bowen, Tazwaza, Lar Anderson, Reddick, etc!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

WesternOregon , yes that's the way many members of bandwagon nation think.

Forget that this guy was charged with a DUI as recently as Feb. 17 of this year. Forget that he showed up hungover for a pivotal late season game a few years back. A team that has had allegations of beer-swilling in the clubhouse really, really needs another drunk on the roster....brilliant.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

All you ppl throw harsh words just because of simple post.  What a losers.  Your lives are miserable I can tell and I don't even know you.  I'm sorry I didn't know you guys are baseball professors and know everything thus have rights to throw trash at posters seem unlikely happening but just another opinion just like stated in the thread.  You sick life twisted mada f*kers
    Posted by seannybboi

hold up there kiddo.  Just the other day, I posted a silly little joke post about 5 moves Cherrington should make, and your reply was "STUPID!  STUPID!  STUPID!"

Dunno, maybe a little pot calling the kettle black here, no?

Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Why are some on here touting a 1B when we have one of the best right now?
    IMO, our needs positionally are RF, SS, and C. These are our weakest spots defensively, and you can add LF if Crawford can't get over his fear of playing for the RS.
    The first thing BC needs to do is lock up a #3 or #4 starter. My choice is CJ Wilson or, to a lesser extent, E Jackson. Buerhle could be a candidate but given his age, he may be just a one or two year option, and he will probably get 3 from someone else worse off for SP. I would also like to see Bedard next year.
    The BP is more a concern, IMO, than the starters. Aceves and Morales proved themselves so they should be fine. If Pap leaves, then we need another closer. I think Capps would do nicely, as I don't believe Bard is ready. The sox should bring Aadrsma back, he could also close.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: Miguel Cabrera as Sox future DH : hold up there kiddo.  Just the other day, I posted a silly little joke post about 5 moves Cherrington should make, and your reply was "STUPID!  STUPID!  STUPID!" Dunno, maybe a little pot calling the kettle black here, no? Don't dish it out if you can't take it.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

All you haters made me into one of you.. damn you...
    and I believe all you-and-me let's throw harsh words at each others posters you started first.  Go thru all the posters..

In Response to Re: Miguel Cabrera as Sox future DH : All you haters made me into one of you.. damn you... and I believe all you-and-me let's throw harsh words at each others posters you started first.  Go thru all the posters..
    Posted by seannybboi

Just because you had a dream and expressed it before thinking about it doesn't mean..."you haters made me into one of you..." it just means that you speak before you think and belong to the Red Sox Nation Bandwagon which thinks and dreams plans into reality.

Now, did you take care of lunch so that your brain isn't starved of carbohydrates and you can think clearly? Hint, consider Tim Linsecum, he'd bring his pot habit to Boston and we wouldn't have to worry about beer breath with him as a starter. How's Lars Anderson, Clay Buchholz and a box of Dunkin' Donuts in exchange sound?

In Response to Re: Miguel Cabrera as Sox future DH : All you haters made me into one of you.. damn you... and I believe all you-and-me let's throw harsh words at each others posters you started first.  Go thru all the posters..
    Posted by seannybboi

perhaps i am suggesting that you might wanna check yourself in this regard.  I am of the more congenial set of posters on this board with nary a harsh word for anyone.  And I certainly never levelled any negativity at you.  but you were real quick to jump on me with what a harsh rebuke that didn't even have anything to do with baseball.  So, Seannybboi, who is really the hater?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Tis the season for ridiculous trade speculation that lands the Red Sox every elite player in MLB. 

Yeah, the Tigers are going to trade the second best RH bat in baseball, who is coming off an MVP caliber season to the Red Sox for the Red Sox scraps.... You even got them tossing in Benoit!!! LOL

• Sections
    Shortcuts