Mike Cameron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

Re: Mike Cameron

I never thought Cameron was very good in his younger days very over rated. But my word so many left handed hitters on this team with no real lead off guy. They just arn't jelling very good together. You know you might think this is crazy but where is the big improvement over last year? Beltre granted he had a career year but Gonzo is going to have to put up some pretty darn good numbers to equal Beltre not saying he isn't ok. I like Gonzo excellent player. But then you look at Crawford I like Crawford also but you swapped his bat for Victor who was a very good hitter so where is the huge upgrade? The pitching still suckls other then Lester and Buch hopefully Beckett who knows there. But the way they were bragging up this team I just don't see the huge improvement.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

Mike Cameron

Has this guy ever gotten a hit in a Red Sox uniform? Just curious I can't recall him ever getting a hit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Over-rated, overpaid. Just like Carl Crawford, John Lackey, Dice-K, and Josh Beckett.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i never understood the lure of this guy to our top brass....putting him in CF to replace Ells might have been the single dumbest idea/move in my red sox lifetime

I would rather see Drew play everyday and that says volumes about Cameron

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

You forgot one: Terry Francoma.

In Response to Re: Mike Cameron:
    Over-rated, overpaid. Just like Carl Crawford, John Lackey, Dice-K, and Josh Beckett.
    Posted by tbrod

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DEBeardsr. Show DEBeardsr's posts

Cameron is a piece of crap as far as I'm concernd. He has been on just about every major league team in existence,and what has he done for any of them,nothing. He is batting a miserable,disgusting .091. Throw the bum out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Cameron is in the last year of his 2-year contract.    His history shows that he strikes out a lot.    

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=111904

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

And if he catches fire next week, none of you will be heard from.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

Yeah, Cameron will catch fire next week, and then hell will freeze over as well. The only thing catching fire will be our tempers as the losing continues

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

He won't finish the year with the Red Sox.  I'd rather have McDonald up there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

I think you are going to be suprised about who doesn't finish the year with the Red Sox. Cameron may or may not finish this year on the active roster, but he does have a hit and an RBI in one of the wins over the Yankees. He's also a former gold glover who is still a good CF'er.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Funny...same thing softy says...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

who is Mike Cameron?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

OPS 2008 - 2010

vlad g.     .846
    cameron  .791

One plays CF and RF at a very high level, the other can't run.  Both get the typical 10 - 20% FA over pay with vlad getting a bit more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

And if he catches fire next week, none of you will be heard from.
    Posted by harness

That's right. We just need to wait for him to play to his potential.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Cam has been over a .900 OPS vs LHPs for 3 years in a row... that is one of this team's biggest weaknesses.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

TEAMABRH2B3BHRRBISBCSBBSOAVGOBPSLGOPS
    1Landon PowellOAK40310010010.750.8001.0001.800
    2Jed LowrieBOS2241120140121.500.542.7271.269
    3Eric ChavezNYY111520020001.455.455.6361.091
     Omar VizquelCHW111500000000.455.455.455.909
    5Adam EverettCLE124500001012.417.462.417.878

Jason Bay
    2010 95 games .749
    2011 DL until ~May

fLaw. andrewmitch & georom to keep you company: fLaw The last thing this team needs is Jed Lowrie, Part IV. Theo loves this guy, drooling over him in a draft long since gone. Lowrie should be sent to the minors . July 2010  No team needs a guy with .900 OPS. fLaw  Lowrie's a bust in the sense that many on this board claimed such things as a "bill mueller" type player. Are you kidding. Lugo's not a bust Posted by softlaw2 Apr 09. fLaw Hall needs to play 2nd, until Pedroia returns .     funny i don't see any mention of who should face  LHP with this quote.  fLaw Hermida mode and Kotchman mode is obviously a reference to trade showcasing mode   What? when was Hermida showcased for a trade? or Kotchman? fLaw Lowrie is not the answer, long term. He's a weak hitting utility man with a huge swing that doesn't generate power or OBP , 2008 30something Apr 2008 (sound familiar)  Softlaw, you are being very childish.� Rather than actually reply to my points, you take isolated lines out of context and mix them with insults . AMitch on BHall: Horrible move by Theo.  There is a very good chance he is not w/the team come September    Georom: We got a decent weed wacker for Kotchman, I'm guessing that this Hall character can fetch us one of those nice fiberglass wheelbarrels...not a bad move for the future imho Drewski Lugo is a bust, Lowrie is also a bust... Both our short-stops are busts....People act like we dont have anything invested in Lowrie...Last I checked, a first round pick is a pretty large investment . Oh look, here is a weak hitting SS Apr 09

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5af036272fe44cce21ab161d46d0386b&plckUserId=5af036272fe44cce21ab161d46d0386b">
    First: 11/28/2009
    Last: 12/7/2010
    Slomag, you are correct that Jake was one the MLB ready player that Cafardo first reported. Once the extension fell through, it became a PTBNL. On MLBTR, a beat reporter that the FO leaks to said the Padres had interest. He then opined that Jake's name was pulled off the table because the Padres were scared away by the 3 years of arbitration raises. Of course, this is false. Jake's name came off the table when the extension deal talks fell apart until Theo decided to take the parameters and take a chance that an extension gets done and go forward on an expensive rental pacakge but a highway robbery extension trade package. It's likely that Theo knows that Miggy is the comparative and that AGon will agree to that base and lumping in the cheap 2011 year will make the deal one year more than the Red Sox final offer which made the extension deal breakdown. It's likely that both parties know that a deal is going to be struck as follows:

2011 6 M (No base raise until next year)
    2012 22 M
    2013 22 M
    2014 22 M
    2015 22 M
    2016 22 M
    2017 22 M
    2018 22 M

The de facto base is 20 over the 8 year term of service. Miggy's base was 19.04 X 8 years. The two deals will be almost identical in base and term. Softlaw said that Miggy was the comparative, not Howard's base or Tex's term. He was right. Because of the first year of service at 6M, it's not Tex's term or base.

It should also be noted that the Red Sox are in fact waiting to see how the shoulder does during spring training, as that gives them more leverage. I'm sure they know that the MIggy parameter will get the deal done, but they have the freedom to wait and drop the deal down if AGon struggles out of the gate.

Softlaw also said, when it was announced that AGon wouldn't be able to swing a bat for a while, that the injury should make the deal more likely to go through. This board clamied that the injury meant that the deal wouldn't happen until at least the summer or FA. Softlaw was right, as usual.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

Yes

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Piersall37. Show Piersall37's posts

You forgot one: Terry Francoma. In Response to Re: Mike Cameron :
    Posted by REDSOX-11

286 posts since April 2nd??  Curious, just how many were of the childish, name calling variety.  Gets a little old after awhile especially when one is trying to give a legitimate analogy of a situation.

Sections
Shortcuts