Mike Camerons biggest Sox moment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

Re: Mike Camerons biggest Sox moment

In Response to Re: Mike Camerons biggest Sox moment:
    [QUOTE]Remy and Orsillo blew the call themselves. They never had any check and claimed that Ellsbury was called out on catcher interference. I think Cameron did interfere, but not enough to where they hardly ever make that call. Had Cameron not done that, Ellsbury would have been out easily. As it was, he was clearly safe on a close call that required slow motion. Not bunting was the right move. But when the count was 3-0, take, it should have take on the 3-1 pitch with no outs. Cameron swung at a clearly high pitch fastball. Then, on the 3-2, he should have been picky and only swung on a metball located fastball. Ellsbury against the lefty was not any done deal on stealing. Getting runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs would likely have been the result. At that point, no outs, two fast runners, the sacrifice should have been on for Salty to stay out of the double play and move the runners into scoring position with only one out. It wouldn't have taken a very good bunt to get Cameron and Ellsbury moved up. The key was not putting the take on Cameron on the 3-1 pitch against a laboring Anderson. Baseball is about the odds at any given time. Betting on long odds won't work over a long season. The odds were better than Cameron walks on the 3-1 or the 3-2, then hits a homer or gapper.
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

The Oakland announcers said the exact same thing, interference at the plate. The never mentioned any chance the UMP called Ellsbury out. Is there a link to the story of the UMP saying it wasnt interference? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Moon, no one could predict his injury? Isn't he the age when most men retire?

The guy was in better shape than 95% of players in their 20's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

obviously no Moon - he looks like a guy in his late 30s gaining lbs like everyone else...Im not sure what you are seeing but then again most of the sox players carry a spare tire around

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

[QUOTE]obviously no Moon - he looks like a guy in his late 30s gaining lbs like everyone else...Im not sure what you are seeing but then again most of the sox players carry a spare tire around
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I refuse to hold piling on a few vanity pounds on against any man. im not that much of a hypocrit Tongue out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

obviously no Moon - he looks like a guy in his late 30s gaining lbs like everyone else...Im not sure what you are seeing but then again most of the sox players carry a spare tire around

The Spring after his signing, he finished second to Ellsbury on the fitness test. He had always kept himself in excellent shape.

I'm not sure what you saw (or were drinking), but Spring 2010 he was a physical specimen at any age.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

[QUOTE]obviously no Moon - he looks like a guy in his late 30s gaining lbs like everyone else...Im not sure what you are seeing but then again most of the sox players carry a spare tire around The Spring after his signing, he finished second to Ellsbury on the fitness test. He had always kept himself in excellent shape. I'm not sure what you saw (or were drinking), but Spring 2010 he was a physical specimen at any age.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Spring fitness is great. As it Winter and Fall for that matter. The problem is most of our games are in Summer. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

moon, let's face it - you are a great poster but if my memory serves me correct, you were one of the huge advocates of moving Ells out of CF for Cameron - that was the biggest blunder in Theo's tenure and had a large part in destorying any chance our team had last year (or are you like Baseball GM and think Ells is overrated???)

Now you are saying Cameron is in great shape - I respectfully disagree - he looks like any other 30something ballplayer to me who is packing on the pounds and with eroding reflexes and almost no pop in his bat....

he will be gone by July unless he starts to actually earn that bloated 8 mil he has been gifted...i literally get sick to my stomach when i see him out there playing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]I think if the RS can find Cameron a helmet with the bill cocked to one side, he'd hit much better.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

His hat is crooked b/c he is left handed.  He writes with his left hand and puts his cap on with his left hand.  Lefties can not put their caps on straight; in fact they can not do anything straight.........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Camerons biggest Sox moment : His hat is crooked b/c he is left handed.  He writes with his left hand and puts his cap on with his left hand.  Lefties can not put their caps on straight; in fact they can not do anything straight.........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Oh please! He wears his hat that way because he thinks "it's cool"
    or he's reflecting on his gangster youth.
    There's a great invention called a mirror.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

Why is Jamesy looking for a scapegoat when a player gets injured? Was it Cameron's fault that he missed most of last year. Does it mean that it was a bad signing? Was Theo supposed to predict that he would get injured? Why don't posters think before they post?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

facts are nobody in Boston has seen enough of a healthy Mike Cameron to know just what he can bring to the table.

Now there is the question have how his aging will affect his performance but as a 4th OFer on a team with 3 LH starting OF his career stats say he is an expensive but outstanding player to have. His career OPS versus LH pitching is .862. In 2009 (his last healthy season) it was .954. The guy can still field (all three OF positions) and he can still move around the bases pretty well.

Lot's of fans did not like his signing prior to the 2010 season. Some wanted bigger names, either Jason Bay or Matt Holliday. Others disagreed with Ellsbury's being moved to LF. So the guy came to town with one foot in a bucket with a lot of fans I suppose.

But honestly is it fair to judge the guy as useless based on 20 PAs in 2011 because his PAs in 2010 are certainly tainted by the fact that he suited up and played with a hernia.

I noted in one of the posts here the poster was signing the praises of Darnell McDonald. While I certainly would not judge his 2010 feel good story a fluke based on 15 PAs in 2011 but he is hitting .143 so far. So maybe both guys could get some more PAs before we declare one over the hill or that the other "can or can't rake".

Just my take

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BertoSoxFan. Show BertoSoxFan's posts

He's been awful for us.  no arguing that.  he doesn't look anything like the Mike Cameron who played the game 10 yrs ago.  that mike was fast, with good reflexes, and a propensity for doing big things when needed.  I used to admire him when he played for the M's.  He would catch everything.  Now he's old, slow, and incapable of even striking out well.  Who cares if he's right handed.  Bring up a kid and send him packing. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Ellsbury has been much worse. At least Cameron can still defend quite well, as evidenced by that game ending catch in the wind blown foul ground where Ellsbury had a one year booboo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Camerons biggest Sox moment : Oh please! He wears his hat that way because he thinks "it's cool" or he's reflecting on his gangster youth. There's a great invention called a mirror.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Your avatar's hat is a bit crooked too, is he gangster?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

I said to offer Jason Bay 3 years and 30M, knowing he woudn't take it. I'm glad the Mets doubled that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

[QUOTE]He's been awful for us.  no arguing that.  he doesn't look anything like the Mike Cameron who played the game 10 yrs ago.  that mike was fast, with good reflexes, and a propensity for doing big things when needed.  I used to admire him when he played for the M's.  He would catch everything.  Now he's old, slow, and incapable of even striking out well.  Who cares if he's right handed.  Bring up a kid and send him packing. 
    Posted by BertoSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Im in your camp on this. Lose him i say, i can just see him and Wakes limping around the club house complaining about back pain and scheduling prostate exams. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dangerfeld. Show Dangerfeld's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Camerons biggest Sox moment : Im in your camp on this. Lose him i say, i can just see him and Wakes limping around the club house complaining about back pain and scheduling prostate exams. 
    Posted by jamesey271975[/QUOTE]

Why were you blaming Epstein for Cameron's injury. Did you realize that Cameron was out most of last year with the injury or was playing hurt? Would you blame your Dad for not painting the house if he had a broken leg?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Camerons biggest Sox moment : My buddies in Queens who are Mets fans are fed up with Jason Bay. They are forever griping about the Mets front office and especially about their so-called medical staff experts. I thought that MLB would have taken over the Mets before the Dodgers.
    Posted by MikeyinQueens[/QUOTE]The Mets have been pretty badly run it seems. It certainly appears they have been more concerned with trying to keep pace with the NYY because they are in the smae market rather than finding a operations plan that would work for them.

I think the fact that the Wilpon's are part of the good lod bys network and the parking lot attendant is why MLB loaned the Wilpon's money and basically took the Dodgers away from McCourt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Camerons biggest Sox moment : Why were you blaming Epstein for Cameron's injury. Did you realize that Cameron was out most of last year with the injury or was playing hurt? Would you blame your Dad for not painting the house if he had a broken leg?
    Posted by Dangerfeld[/QUOTE]

I would, if i paid him $16m to do it. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I said to offer Jason Bay 3 years and 30M, knowing he woudn't take it. I'm glad the Mets doubled that.

You weren't here then, but a guy names softy suggested an offer of that exact amount.

Amazing.