Mike Carp's Nickname

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Mike Carp's Nickname

Because of his resemblance to Chris Elliott, who played Woogie in the movie There's Something About Mary, I suggest we call him...

WOOGIE!

The idea was inspired by a Southpaw post on the Doppleganger thread.

Since he's already played a few seasons, he won't qualify for Rookie of the Year, but he still could be Woogie of the Year.  What say you, Wed Sox fans?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: Mike Carp's Nickname

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Because of his resemblance to Chris Elliott, who played Woogie in the movie There's Something About Mary, I suggest we call him...

WOOGIE!

Since he's already played a few seasons, he won't qualify for Rookie of the Year, but he still could be Woogie of the Year.  What say you, Wed Sox fans?

I like it!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

HA!!! Woogie of the year. Good stuff Sheriff.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

The chant when he comes up to bat, "WOO-GIE! WOO-GIE! WOO..."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"The World"

as in "The World According to Carp"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

"The World"

as in "The World According to Carp"

LOL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Seattle they are calling the one that got away! What a joke that organization is first they give Carp away for cash because they couldn't send him down and the reason why they were in that position was because they wanted too keep Casper Wells, 3 weeks later they dump Casper Wells !HUH?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

How bout Mike "I really AM low-risk/high reward" Carp

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

In Seattle they are calling the one that got away! What a joke that organization is first they give Carp away for cash because they couldn't send him down and the reason why they were in that position was because they wanted too keep Casper Wells, 3 weeks later they dump Casper Wells !HUH?

THis is one of many reasons that Hill is so bitter these days. He predicts or makes comments that suggest the Mariners will be better than the Sox and that their porspects are better than ours, yet they keep falling flat on their faces and making dumb moves.

At least The Mariners will have roomates in the ALW cellar. The Houston Astros will be keeping them company for the next few years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hill never bad mouthed carp like our resident clown has.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Carp is in no need of a nickname...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

How about Yoyo .... every other year he seem to bounce back from an off season ....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I have the perfect nickname:

"Antisofty"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Carp is in no need of a nickname...

Good point...  Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

How about Yoyo .... every other year he seem to bounce back from an off season ....

Nah.  That suits Josh Beckett better, although that yoyo may have gotten stuck.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Hill never bad mouthed carp like our resident clown has.

never said he did.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

WOOGIE!

Ah Rojas!  Did you steal this from me  :) 

I've been saying this since day 1.  LOL

Carpe Dingem!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

WOOGIE!

Ah Rojas!  Did you steal this from me  :) 

I've been saying this since day 1.  LOL

Carpe Dingem!

I did not knowingly steal it from you, rsdd.  Either I didn't see it, or "misremember" seeing it.  Perhaps it's just a matter of great minds thinking alike.