Mike Lowell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Mike Lowell

MLBTR reports the inexperienced Lowell has been discussed as a candidate to manage the Marlins next season if Guillen is fired.

Excellent choice.  After Guillen alienated half of Miami with his pro-Castro stance, Cuban and Castro-Hater Lowell is a good choice for the community and as a local baseball hero, having been the best position player on their 2003 WSC team.

I hope the Marlins follow through, and I hope the Red Sox do not consider Guillen as a replacement for Valentine...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Re: Mike Lowell

In response to notin's comment:

MLBTR reports the inexperienced Lowell has been discussed as a candidate to manage the Marlins next season if Guillen is fired.

Excellent choice.  After Guillen alienated half of Miami with his pro-Castro stance, Cuban and Castro-Hater Lowell is a good choice for the community and as a local baseball hero, having been the best position player on their 2003 WSC team.

I hope the Marlins follow through, and I hope the Red Sox do not consider Guillen as a replacement for Valentine...

Guillen is not coming to Boston Notin.  They don't want another human arsonist in the dugout.  My guess it will be a happy medium between a FrancoMa and a Valentine, one who is good in the clubhouse and one who also is decent strategist in the dugout, neither of which the past two managers had in combination.   That's my guess anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

Guillen is not coming to Boston Notin.  They don't want another human arsonist in the dugout.  My guess it will be a happy medium between a FrancoMa and a Valentine, one who is good in the clubhouse and one who also is decent strategist in the dugout, neither of which the past two managers had in combination.   That's my guess anyway.

Valentine as a strategist was nothing but hype. Francona was a much-better in-game manager.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

As to the thread about Lowell -- I wouldn't mind the Sox giving Lowell a chance. Despite his short stint, he might rank in my top five Sox All-Time (in my lifetime) behind Yaz-Rico-Tiant. After them, there's probably a group at 4-and-5.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Lowell would be an excellent choice to follow Guillen. It must have been great for the White Sox to have a quiet thinker in the dugout--someone like Lowell--what a difference it makes after getting rid of the "center of attention" manager has been let go.

I love the "human arsonist" expression--seabeach Fred.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Valentine as a strategist was nothing but hype. Francona was a much-better in-game manager.

Im with you Roy 1niner !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Mike Lowell would make an excellent manager and people in the Miami area would be lucky to have him there.He's got practical game experience and is very highly respected among other players and coaches in baseball.

As far as Boston goes,I could see Mike Scoisca as the next Sox manager

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

I tried to reply to this a few minutes ago, but I couldn't see the keyboard due to uncontrollable laughing over the association of "In game managing with Francona". That will keep me smiling all day, thanks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

I think Mike Lowell was the classiest player the Sox have had in a long time.

He was the bridge between the American and Hispanic players in the clubhouse.

I wish he could manage the Red Sox, but if it's Miami, I wish him well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

I tried to reply to this a few minutes ago, but I couldn't see the keyboard due to uncontrollable laughing over the association of "In game managing with Francona". That will keep me smiling all day, thanks.

Yeah, Bobby V PH Nava for Igelsias, with a 2-2 count, last weekend was a stroke of genius.

Face it. BV doesn't have a clue.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I tried to reply to this a few minutes ago, but I couldn't see the keyboard due to uncontrollable laughing over the association of "In game managing with Francona". That will keep me smiling all day, thanks.

Pretty funny eh? The oxymoron statement that includes the name "Tito" and the phrase "good in game strategist". He was the worst in game strategist during the regular season that I have ever seen! Furthermore, he NEVER LEARNED from his mistakes. One astute poster on Sawxheads a couple of years ago documented very clearly that Tito cost his team at least 12 games that season through his poor decision making. Tito was good in the clubhouse, for a while, but he was really horrible as a tactician.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I tried to reply to this a few minutes ago, but I couldn't see the keyboard due to uncontrollable laughing over the association of "In game managing with Francona". That will keep me smiling all day, thanks.

Pretty funny eh? The oxymoron statement that includes the name "Tito" and the phrase "good in game strategist". He was the worst in game strategist during the regular season that I have ever seen! Furthermore, he NEVER LEARNED from his mistakes. One astute poster on Sawxheads a couple of years ago documented very clearly that Tito cost his team at least 12 games that season through his poor decision making. Tito was good in the clubhouse, for a while, but he was really horrible as a tactician.

Speaking of oxymorons...

Sections
Shortcuts