Mike Lowell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Mike Lowell

Would love to see Mikey come back and manage our Sox. Other coaching picks would be:

Bench: Alex Cora

Pitching: Orel Hershiser

Hitting: Sean Casey

BP: Varitek

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Mike Lowell

One of my favorite Red Sox players ever. But he's never even managed his kid's Little League team as far as anyone knows.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

If you mean in a theoretical future after they'd all had some experience in such jobs...sure, I agree they all seem like solid, bright guys that could excel as managers/coaches in Teddy Ballgames' MFL.

Today?

Would you hire 5 of this year's Harvard business school grads to run the SS Minnow?  I wouldn't.....and that was the main cause of the legendary shipwreck.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Would love to see Mikey come back and manage our Sox. Other coaching picks would be:

[/QUOTE]

Lowell would make a good bench coach....OJT..For him

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I once met Mike Lowell in Quincy market.  I yelled out, "Oh my God, it's Mike Lowell!!!"

Thanks to my big mouth, Lowell got busy signing autographs.   LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to wallyisdead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lowell all ready said last week he was not interested.

Back to the whine blackboard for you.

[/QUOTE]

Not all remarks call for snark.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wallyisdead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lowell all ready said last week he was not interested.

Back to the whine blackboard for you.

[/QUOTE]

Not all remarks call for snark.

[/QUOTE]

None of them do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great idea. Bring in a guy who's never managed at any level. A.L.  fans support this idea....

[/QUOTE]

The sox are already considering this with Brad Ausmus.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Based on your list, why not hire Jenny Dell. She has as much coaching experience as Lowell, Hershiser, Casey.

This coming from the guy who started the thread that a better pitching coach would have solved the Red Sox problems.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Based on your list, why not hire Jenny Dell. She has as much coaching experience as Lowell, Hershiser, Casey.

This coming from the guy who started the thread that a better pitching coach would have solved the Red Sox problems.

[/QUOTE]

Instead of criticizing my choices, how about providing your suggestions?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I do agree that the new manager has to have some coaching experience.  Although, I do believe that many former players have the potential to be good coaches. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I do agree that the new manager has to have some coaching experience.  Although, I do believe that many former players have the potential to be good coaches. 

[/QUOTE]

Robin Ventura did ok with Chicago.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great idea. Bring in a guy who's never managed at any level. A.L.  fans support this idea....

[/QUOTE]

The sox are already considering this with Brad Ausmus.

[/QUOTE]

Ausmus managed in Israel.

[/QUOTE]

Mike Matheny in St.Louis walked into a situation where he was replacing a Hall of Fame manager, inheriting a team trying to repeat (never easy), while losing one of the best players in recent history to free agency. He seems to be doing OK.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

aside from Lowell not having interest, I always thought him to be a stand up guy, a good guy. Perhaps a leader in the club house? I dont ever think in all the time Lowell was here, that I ever thought he would be a good manager? Too quiet? Not fiery enough? I also thought he didnt handle his last season here well, putting himself ahead of the team.

If he wants to get back into the game, I agree he needs to start in the minor leagues to show his capabilities

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

lol @ people killing OP for choosing manager with zero experience.  enough recent history to show experience dont mean squat.

take a shot and then offer no suggestions of managers to hire "with experience".

should we dig up billy martin?

let me guess...Larussa or Torre?  hahahahaha

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I tend to lean towards catchers for managers...So Pena or Ausmus would be my 2 choices. I really dont care to get Farrell back.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the thing about Farrell is he has been here before and knows what he is up against with regards to the players, front office, fan/media scrutiny. I have the idea that if this team is going to compete next year, or even if they are going to take 2-3 years, the success will be in getting the pitching staff straightened out, and developing the young arms.

Pena, Ausmus, Farrell...I think Farrell is best equipped to handle all of the above. To point out the mistakes made in Toronto, imo Farrell is smart enough to take these mistakes and improve from them.

Pena had one good year in KC, and struggled every other year until he ran into some personal problems. Its not like he has been there and done that before. Ausmus could be great, but not here. Too much pressure, too many expectations.

Farrell is the guy. SOx are blowing smoke to get the asking price down

Sections
Shortcuts