Mike Napoli

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Mike Napoli

Is he not emerging as a team leader and an exemplary Red Sox player?  I say yes, he is.  This guy was a perfect fit for the Red Sox from Day One.  I see a huge year coming from Naps.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Mike Napoli

HFX---I agree with you.

When he got up and stayed in the game after he fouled the ball off his body the other day--I was impressed.

He's fun to watch especially when he's in a hot streak like he is now. That was an immense shot last night in the 8th off the LF wall--he absolutely crushed the ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is he not emerging as a team leader and an exemplary Red Sox player?  I say yes, he is.  This guy was a perfect fit for the Red Sox from Day One.  I see a huge year coming from Naps.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed 1000 percent :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

I would have to agree as well. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

April and September seem to be NAPOLI months; it's those 4 months in between where things get K-otic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

April and September seem to be NAPOLI months; it's those 4 months in between where things get K-otic.

[/QUOTE]

LOL full marks for clever on that one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE].

@MikeNapoli25 has reached base in 18 straight games, longest streak of his career. 22 of 69 with 8 XBHs and 7 walks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE].

@MikeNapoli25 has reached base in 18 straight games, longest streak of his career. 22 of 69 with 8 XBHs and 7 walks.

[/QUOTE]

What is not to love about this guy. I love that he proved himself last year when the Sox low balled him. A lesser person would have felt disrespected and would have been complaining to the media. Not Mike Napoli. He went out...grinded out a great year and proved to the Sox that he deserved better. Not to mention the off the field acts of kindness. Just a great all around guy who does not get enough kudos..at least in my book.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Love Napoli on this team.

Great attitude, great fit in Fenway, great job adjusting to 1st base, great job handling the contract situation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Dislocates a ring finger, fouls a ball off of himself and then gets hit in the knee with a pitch and never leaves the lineup.

I think I am watching a Bruins player and not a RS player!!!!!!!

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE].

[/QUOTE]

What is not to love about this guy. I love that he proved himself last year when the Sox low balled him. A lesser person would have felt disrespected and would have been complaining to the media. Not Mike Napoli. He went out...grinded out a great year and proved to the Sox that he deserved better. Not to mention the off the field acts of kindness. Just a great all around guy who does not get enough kudos..at least in my book.

[/QUOTE]

He has not said a thing that the media could twist.  He rolls with everything.  He hits and plays the field very well. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes. I just wish they'd have signed him in 09 or 10 before he went to Texas. He's become a huge part of the team, and I can say that because in my mind it's really hard to picture him in any other uniform--if that makes sense.......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Remember all the clowns bashing Naps during his prolonged slump last summer.

He will have slumps again, but his hot streaks can carry a team almost single-handedly. When the season is done, the numbers are there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I don't think I bashed him, but I sure wasn't delighted with the hip health issue, the conversion from catcher to 1B, and the many strikeouts, most of which seem to happen on almost any breaking ball.  What's the name of that movie?  Trouble with the curve.  Also last year he seemed to get a little disoriented on pop fouls.  But, just as moonslav says, at the end of the season the numbers were there and the defense was pretty darn good. 

All of which causes me to remonstrate with those claiming Bogaerts is a bust at SS.  Way too early. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You need to trademark "K-otic". 

Sections
Shortcuts