Mike Trout

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

Mike Trout

You think we can trade for this kid.... JK

what I really wanted to know is why his agent and analysts are mad that he is only making 510,000 next year. I mean he isnt the first superstar that had to grind out a team friendly contract before he makes his 20-30 million. I can see If he played football where restructuring contracts based on performance is common but that isnt what baseball contracts are about. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Mike Trout

he doesn't seem as bent out of shape about it as his agent. Trout even said, my time is coming. I'm pretty sure with the new CBA he will be arb elligible next season..

it'll all balance out when he gets his big money contract anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank N Stein. Show Frank N Stein's posts

First off, Trout is not a superstar yet. He has only played one full season.

Second ...trade for this guy?...oh sure, send 4 top prospects , draft picks and mortgage the future. Seriously , if you had a guy on your roster with this potential, would you take any less?...would you even be entertaining the thought of trading him?

Third, of course his agent wants him to get a HUGE contract. The agent gets a percentage. That should be a no-brainer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yeah, we can get him before camp breaks.  Bill will work out the details.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Trout got an extra $10,000 for winning Rookie of the Year award.

Doesn't A-Rod get a $6 million bonus each time he for breaks the top five HR records (Bonds, Hank, etc.)? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

If Red Sox scouts do their jobs and stop "finding' players like Daisuke Matsuzaka and discover more Dustin Pedroias...we wouldn't be talking about trading for star players.

Seriously , this team must have some real dopes for scouts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

If Red Sox scouts do their jobs and stop "finding' players like Daisuke Matsuzaka and discover more Dustin Pedroias...we wouldn't be talking about trading for star players.

Seriously, Daisuke Matsuzaka was 2006.  Have you paid any attention to what is happening in the farm system?  Do the names Boegarts, Iglesias, De La Rosa, Webster, Bradley, Brentz mean anything to you?  Ring a bell?  Your cute eyore-ish pessismism has now just just turned to overstated idiocy.  Too bad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Oh yeah, Middlebrooks, Tazawa etc. etc.

Matsuzaka ... really?

I mean cool, I wil dust off my grudge about moving Fisk/Rooster/Lynn.  That still gets my goat too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Trout was drafted 25th overall in 2009.  24 teams passed on him, including the Angels once.

The Sox did not, as their first pick that year was 28th. (Reymond Fuentes).

So it has nothing to do with scouting. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I don't blame Trout or his agent for being upset.He had 30Hrs,hit .326 along with 49 stolen bases.He was the ROY and runner up for MVP.The Angels are paying him only $20,000 dollars over the MLB minimum.The Angels don't HAVE to pay him more,but they would be wise to pay him more fairly.His "raise" is pretty much an insult and I wouldn't be surprised if he bolted the second he hits free agency because of this.The Angels would have been smarter to pay him a little more now and kept the "good will" going.

A happy player is a better player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think its very fair that he gets paid 510,000. in another couple years he will be earning 20M+ if he stays healthy and plays like he has. Thats why the system is set up this way. If it wasnt, lower market teams would have no chance at all...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

In response to Frank N Stein's comment:

First off, Trout is not a superstar yet. He has only played one full season.

Second ...trade for this guy?...oh sure, send 4 top prospects , draft picks and mortgage the future. Seriously , if you had a guy on your roster with this potential, would you take any less?...would you even be entertaining the thought of trading him?

Third, of course his agent wants him to get a HUGE contract. The agent gets a percentage. That should be a no-brainer.

um idk if you relized but I was kidding... and if you did and you are kidding I apologize 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

I got where u were coming from RS_Nj_Nj_NY... some people can't see the humor thru their laptops I guess.  No need to apologize for other's ignorance.

BTW... Red Sox, Giants, Devils, Knicks?  How did that happen?  Yankees pizz ya off?  Look bad in pinstripes?  Weird combo.  Hope you don't live in the NY/NJ... that could be difficult.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

I got where u were coming from RS_Nj_Nj_NY... some people can't see the humor thru their laptops I guess.  No need to apologize for other's ignorance.

BTW... Red Sox, Giants, Devils, Knicks?  How did that happen?  Yankees pizz ya off?  Look bad in pinstripes?  Weird combo.  Hope you don't live in the NY/NJ... that could be difficult.

Dads a RS fan. Also Mike Piazza was my favorite player as a kid and Roger Clemens threw a bat at him... hated the Yankees ever since. And yes Im from NJ

Sections
Shortcuts