Miller & Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Miller & Lackey

I'm not sure which one is worse to watch.  I hope we get something done soon but I heard Wandy Rodriguez will probably not being traded.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Miller & Lackey

Lackey's been better

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Yeah really.  Lately, no contest, Lackey has pitched night-and-day better than Miller. Miller is a train wreck in every outing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Miller & Lackey:
    I'm not sure which one is worse at this point but they are both hard to watch.  I hope we get something done soon.
    Posted by craze4sox

Miller can not get through one inning without a problem.  He is not ready for the majors and he knows it as does Epstein but the gutless Buckholtz is forcing this situation.  Funny how Buck has the nerve to steal pc's but isn't man enough to play thru some mild discomfort. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

The problem is that I wouldn't want any of Miller/Lackey/Wakefield starting a playoff game. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

We need to bring up somebody from the farm to replace Miller.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Re: Miller & Lackey:
    We need to bring up somebody from the farm to replace Miller.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

No, they need to acquire a real pitcher with major league experience, like Garza. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Re: Miller & Lackey : The only reason Lackey seems better is because we score runs for him.  The hit line is very similar to Miller.  Hopefully the offense can pick it up
    Posted by craze4sox

Not likely since they've been able to do much with Buerle. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

If no trade is consumated within the next 25 minutes, I'd demote Morales or Williams to Pawtucket, slide Miller into the bullpen, and call up Millwood. It wasn't too long ago that Millwood was a solid No. 3 starter. He can't be much worse than Miller.

Regardless as to what happens, I'm still optimistic about Boston's playoff chances. The Red Sox are 7 up on the Angels with two months to play. They'll be fine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

If no trade is consumated within the next 25 minutes, I'd demote Morales or Williams to Pawtucket, slide Miller into the bullpen, and call up Millwood. It wasn't too long ago that Millwood was a solid No. 3 starter. He can't be much worse than Miller. Regardless as to what happens, I'm still optimistic about Boston's playoff chances. The Red Sox are 7 up on the Angels with two months to play. They'll be fine.
    Posted by davidap

I agree but Terry also needs to shorten his leash.  This is no time to allow the WS to get too far ahead.  All miller needs is to learn how to locate pitches better and limit BB.  Unfortunately, during a pennant race may not the time to practice.  I still feel he could become a good starter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

IT'S PRETTY OBVIOUS THAT THE RED SOX JUST CANNOT HIT
    LEFTIES. IT'S THE FIFTH INNING, AND ALL THE RED SOX ARE
    DOING IS GOING UP TO THE PLATE, HITTING GROUNDERS AND
    SITTING DOWN AGAIN. ONE SWING BY VARITEK...AND WE
    HAD TWO RUNS,BUT THE REST OF THE GUYS ARE LOOKING
    OVERWHELMED. THEY ARE NOT EVEN SHOWING ANY PLATE
    DISCIPLINE. CRAWFORD AND MC DONALD TOOK WALKS BUT
    NO ONE DROVE THEM IN. SCUTARO GETS HITS WHEN THEY
    DON'T COUNT, AND MILLER IS LIVING ON THE EDGE. THE WHITE
    SOX POUND OUT HIT AFTER HIT AND IT'S JUST A MATTER OF
    TIME TILL THEY DRIVE HIM FROM THE GAME. MEANWHILE
    THE RED SOX SEEM TO HAVE CAPITULATED TO BUEHRLE AND
    ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO THE FLIGHT BACK TO BOSTON

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

And yet Lackey is 4-0 in his last 4 starts. 7-3 since coming off the DL.
    What is the team record with Miller starting?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

And yet Lackey is 4-0 in his last 4 starts. 7-3 since coming off the DL. What is the team record with Miller starting?
    Posted by harness

Thats getting old harness, try something else.  Too many people see and write about why Lackey has been a bust as I have shown you but you just can't digest.

When Lackey starts pitching to the level of a real #3 or 4 guy that he's paid to be you may have an audience.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Miller didnt pitch that bad today.   He just did his job, and kept the Sox in the game.  Then the Sox came back and won the game.   He is a perfect #5 starting pitcher for the team. But after Sox got Bedard, it is more likely that Miller is done as a starting pitcher.  Cant have three starting left handed pitchers in the rotation.  Meaning, Miller will be the odd man out.  I rather to have Wakefield to be the odd man out, but like I said it before, cant have too many lefty in the rotation.!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Miller didnt pitch that bad today.   He just did his job, and kept the Sox in the game.  Then the Sox came back and won the game.   He is a perfect #5 starting pitcher for the team. But after Sox got Bedard, it is more likely that Miller is done as a starting pitcher.  Cant have three starting left handed pitchers in the rotation.  Meaning, Miller will be the odd man out.  I rather to have Wakefield to be the odd man out, but like I said it before, cant have too many lefty in the rotation.!!
    Posted by GoUconn13

I think Miller could be back in the rotation next season.  Its all about how hard he works on location.  If he can locate pitches a bit better he could be quite a starter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

What a sad existence it is for Craze4sox when all he can take out of recent Lackey and Miller starts is the above comments. This is what I said in the other thread about not knowing who we speak to here. He is a stage 3 on the concern troll ladder. Take note of the two-faces on his avitar - symbolic.
    He should preface his comments with "I am a rabid Sox fan - but ---------------.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In his last three postseason starts (against the Red Sox and Yankees), John Lackey has an ERA of 2.29 in 19.2 innings:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lackejo01.shtml

In his last three postseason starts, Jon Lester has an ERA of 4.82 in 18.2 innings:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lestejo01.shtml

In his last four postseason starts, Josh Beckett has an ERA of 7.71 in 21 innings:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/beckejo02.shtml

The Red Sox should have adequate options in the postseason.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

What a sad existence it is for Craze4sox when all he can take out of recent Lackey and Miller starts is the above comments. This is what I said in the other thread about not knowing who we speak to here. He is a stage 3 on the concern troll ladder.
    Posted by Your-Echo

Echo, what you and a few others take out of Lackey and Miller starts is their wins, not why they only went 4 or 5 innings, or why they were taken out while our offense and pen saved them.  Both at this point are 500 pitchers at best but have a great deal of support that blinds people like you. 

Thats the sad part!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If Lackey pitches 5 innings and gives up 4 runs, 12 hits, and the pen has to use itself up but the team gets the "W" than wow what a day for Lackey, winning is all that matters.

The above does not ad up for me. Its like Drew being terrible or injured all year and then hitting a solo game winning HR in the play-offs to win Game 3 of a best of 7 and then everyone says "Drews been great he comes up big in the play-offs".

No thanks to either of them.

This is why you never hear people complain about Youk, Pedroia, Beckett, Ellesbury (well most), and players like this. They play well all year long

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxFan2OO4. Show RedSoxFan2OO4's posts

In his last three postseason starts (against the Red Sox and Yankees), John Lackey has an ERA of 2.29 in 19.2 innings: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lackejo01.shtml In his last three postseason starts, Jon Lester has an ERA of 4.82 in 18.2 innings: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lestejo01.shtml In his last four postseason starts, Josh Beckett has an ERA of 7.71 in 21 innings: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/beckejo02.shtml The Red Sox should have adequate options in the postseason.
    Posted by hill55

Those are great stats for Lackey, and he always a bulldog with LAA, and that's how we expect him to pitch. But he just flat out didn't. But even after looking at those stats who do you feel most comfortable giving the ball to game 1? Lester or Beckett im sure.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

If Lackey pitches 5 innings and gives up 4 runs, 12 hits, and the pen has to use itself up but the team gets the "W" than wow what a day for Lackey, winning is all that matters. The above does not ad up for me. Its like Drew being terrible or injured all year and then hitting a solo game winning HR in the play-offs to win Game 3 of a best of 7 and then everyone says "Drews been great he comes up big in the play-offs". No thanks to either of them. This is why you never hear people complain about Youk, Pedroia, Beckett, Ellesbury (well most), and players like this. They play well all year long
    Posted by BurritoT

Burrito, I don't care what harness and others say about you as you probably already know.  They just don't like reality checks from people who know better on certain points.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Miller & Lackey : Thats getting old harness, try something else.  Too many people see and write about why Lackey has been a bust as I have shown you but you just can't digest. When Lackey starts pitching to the level of a real #3 or 4 guy that he's paid to be you may have an audience.
    Posted by craze4sox

Too many people wrote off Tek 3-4 years ago. I don't give a damn what too many people post.

That doesn't make their take accurate.
    What level does a #3/4 guy perform?
    Isn't that relevant to team? To fan perception?

REALITY CHECK: You said "Lackey has been a bust as I (you) have shown".
    Show me. How is a guy who has pitched 1/3 of his contract and won as many games as he averaged in CA considered a "bust"?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In his last three postseason starts (against the Red Sox and Yankees), John Lackey has an ERA of 2.29 in 19.2 innings: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lackejo01.shtml In his last three postseason starts, Jon Lester has an ERA of 4.82 in 18.2 innings: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lestejo01.shtml In his last four postseason starts, Josh Beckett has an ERA of 7.71 in 21 innings: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/beckejo02.shtml The Red Sox should have adequate options in the postseason.
    Posted by hill55

Jon usually pitches past the 5th, inning and doesn't tax our bullpen during almost every start.  I hope John "as you guys see him" continues his brilliance but for me I'm just rooting for our offense and pen to keep him above water.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

You called him a "bust".  Please explain. Are you going by last 3 outings? 7? 10?

How about seeing it true - and use all his Boston outings. Like the ones last year, when he averaged 2nd most IP per start of any Boston starter.
    If that's UR criteria of bust, try again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Miller & Lackey : Too many people wrote off Tek 3-4 years ago. I don't give a damn what too many people post. That doesn't make their take accurate. What level does a #3/4 guy perform? Isn't that relevant to team? To fan perception? REALITY CHECK: You said " Lackey has been a bust as I (you) have shown". Show me. How is a guy who has pitched 1/3 of his contract and won as many games as he averaged in CA considered a "bust"?
    Posted by harness

harness, you and maybe two other fans "I won't mention" take offense to fans who call them out on Stats you present that at times show one or two instances while ignoring the overall picture.  Do you really think everyone is that stupid?

Then, even worse you ignore articles by others who also disagree with you and continue to preach your beliefs in hopes fans see it as you do anyway.  Instead of demanding facts or proof you won't accept, just ignore our posts because many of us are educated whether you believe it or not.

Sections
Shortcuts