miller doing good like i thought he would

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

miller doing good like i thought he would

when i was calling for and hoping theyd bring him up from aaa. several people on the board were all "raining on that parade" and seemed to actually relish thinking they were right that miller was never goiing to be anything.

i'm happy for him today and for boston and hope he keeps improving.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Re: miller doing good like i thought he would

Moosnlow disagrees, claims Wastefield is better than Miller and any other farm prospect who'd like for Wastefield to get off the john and invest innings in youth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I trust managements decisions over urs soft one..They get it right at a much higher percentage rate..especially with your wake and Ells bashing..
    Miller did well his last couple spot starts..Ive been pulling for this kid to get his act straightened out for a couple years now..Got all the tools, just not the consistency. Has never really been able to put it all together..Even this year after a few starts he reverted back to lots of pitches and walks, hence the spot starter role..When there is a pitcher that is worthy of breaking the rotation, he will do so. Miller is not there yet IMO, neither is there anyone else in the system that is ready to break the rotation. Thats why Bedard is here, and doing a fine job..Be nice if they can score him a couple runs to get him a W.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to miller doing good like i thought he would:
    [QUOTE]when i was calling for and hoping theyd bring him up from aaa. several people on the board were all "raining on that parade" and seemed to actually relish thinking they were right that miller was never goiing to be anything. i'm happy for him today and for boston and hope he keeps improving.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

Uh yeah sure dude. When he was in AAA just about everybody was ready to get him up here... stop trying to be smarty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

hello mr burrito, i was referring to those who were so skeptical and feeling right about it (not that i was the only one who wanted them up). lets do more sharing about baseball (what we like what we dont, celebrating together successes etc) and less about personal attacks, ok.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

the team is 9 and 1 in his starts.
    he's got 6 wins to one loss.
    one run allowed in the last 2 games.
    again , i think he is at least as good (or as bad) as lackey or wake
    with better stuff than both.
    and importantly, he's on an upswing. 

bob ryan on miller:

"Who wouldn’t want to pitch for a team that gives its starter a 6-0 lead to work with every night?

Tuesday night, the beneficiary was John Lackey. Wednesday night, it was Josh Beckett. Last night, it was Andrew Miller, and the way he pitched, you’d have to say he was the most deserving of the three.

I mean, c’mon: 6 1/3 innings, three hits (all singles, one an infield dribbler), two walks, six strikeouts, and, of course, zero runs. He never came close to cracking, and the only reason he came out was a pitch-limit thing. 

Andrew Miller shies away from any talk about becoming a permanent part of the rotation. Nope, it’s strictly party line, I-just-want-to-help-out-wherever-I-can stuff, and that’s fine. “We’ve got some pretty good starters on this team,’’ he pointed out.

Any one of them would have been happy to claim the game he threw last night."

lets hope he continues learning and improving...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

ok then, go Sox

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I am very glad Miller's doing so well.  And glad you called it, too.

I think there were more ready to send him screaming back to AAA after he had a couple of games where his control got loose again than those not looking forward to his being called up.  As usual, with some, a little twitch and they are ready to bail.  

If your real name is Theo, I'll give you tons of credit, friend.  :o)  I think Theo and Tito see a huge up side to Miller.

On the other hand, I'll give you a lot of credit for thinking positively and pointing out positive stuff.  That's called support and is what fans ought to do. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Miller was impressive last night.  Texas needed that game, and he took the life right out of them.  They need to let Miller stay in the rotation.  I'd like to see him on the mound against the Yankees.

If he isn't in the rotation in the post season, he's going to be a welcomed addition to the BP.  2 lefties in the BP, one capable of long relief.  nice.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Agree that Miller was very impressive last night.   It is definitely good that the Red Sox can rely on him going forward. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

His reinvention has been fascinating.  It is clear to me after this start that the get-the-ball-and-throw quick work pace he developed sometime during his stint in the pen.  It seems to have bridges the pscho/physical divide between his study in underthrowing for control and trusting his naaaaasty stuff.  Funny how sometimes you have to remove some brain function to succeed.  Just get it and throw it kid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Miller is not there yet IMO, neither is there anyone else in the system that is ready to break the rotation

You cant be trusted! Wakefield aint there, hasnt been there, and aint ever going to be there. Miller is good enough to move over Wastefield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Management can be trusted to compromise the integrity of the competition by trundling out Wastefield until he has meaningless longevity records of no quality! Sick of this ceremonial parade interfering with investing innings in youth!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Miller pitched a terrific game last night. Aside from his loopy off-speed breaking ball, which he couldn't get within a foot or two of the plate, he had command of almost all his pitches. I sensed he got a bit rattled after Scutaro's error when he walked the very next batter, but overall it was his best game yet.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

the guy stepped up big yesterday. He looked like he decided to be agressive and confident. Other starts he seemed to try to be too perfect and nibble too much. All in all it was a very encouraging game all around

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Miller has looked good his last two starts. Let's hope he keeps it up.  No one has questioned his potential, only the likelihood of living up to the potential.  

FWIW, if we want to turn this into a Wake v. Miller debate (which we shouldn't IMO), then I stand behind the FO decision to put Wake above Miller in the early season depth chart.  Wake is a proven commodity who is fairly steady in his cost-effective mediocrity ... sometimes even having multi-game flashes of brilliance.  He is on the team because he is an important and inexpensive component to our depth and for that, he should be thanked.  I have no doubt, however, that he will be surpassed by Miller if Miller lives up to even 75% of his potential.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: miller doing good like i thought he would:
    [QUOTE]ok then, go Sox
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

go sox!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I am very glad Miller's doing so well.  And glad you called it, too. I think there were more ready to send him screaming back to AAA after he had a couple of games where his control got loose again than those not looking forward to his being called up.  As usual, with some, a little twitch and they are ready to bail.   If your real name is Theo, I'll give you tons of credit, friend.  :o)  I think Theo and Tito see a huge up side to Miller. On the other hand, I'll give you a lot of credit for thinking positively and pointing out positive stuff.  That's called support and is what fans ought to do. 
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

sinceyaz,

re: "On the other hand, I'll give you a lot of credit for thinking positively and pointing out positive stuff.  That's called support and is what fans ought to do. "

thanks.

more often than not, definitely. ok to critique and to ask for changes too.

peace

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]His reinvention has been fascinating.  It is clear to me after this start that the get-the-ball-and-throw quick work pace he developed sometime during his stint in the pen.  It seems to have bridges the pscho/physical divide between his study in underthrowing for control and trusting his naaaaasty stuff.  Funny how sometimes you have to remove some brain function to succeed.  Just get it and throw it kid.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

re:
    "  Funny how sometimes you have to remove some brain function to succeed.  "

good point spaceman. it definitely seems to be true with him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Miller was impressive last night.  Texas needed that game, and he took the life right out of them.  They need to let Miller stay in the rotation.  I'd like to see him on the mound against the Yankees. If he isn't in the rotation in the post season, he's going to be a welcomed addition to the BP.  2 lefties in the BP, one capable of long relief.  nice.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

good points dirtywater,
    he should be in the rotation the rest of the way absolutely! and find out how consistent we can get him before the playoffs. he has some of the best stuff on the staff and at times can be near unhittable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Salty called a great game too.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

dude is rising in value every day :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Miller has looked good his last two starts. Let's hope he keeps it up.  No one has questioned his potential, only the likelihood of living up to the potential.   FWIW, if we want to turn this into a Wake v. Miller debate (which we shouldn't IMO), then I stand behind the FO decision to put Wake above Miller in the early season depth chart.  Wake is a proven commodity who is fairly steady in his cost-effective mediocrity ... sometimes even having multi-game flashes of brilliance.  He is on the team because he is an important and inexpensive component to our depth and for that, he should be thanked.  I have no doubt, however, that he will be surpassed by Miller if Miller lives up to even 75% of his potential.
    Posted by 111SoxFan111[/QUOTE]

thanks for good posts feelec, trouts and 111.
    nice to have some actual baseball discussions and appreciations on the board.