Miller time will soon be in Boston!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Miller time will soon be in Boston!

If he opts out the Yankees may be waiting in the wings and may be ready to offer a better package--2 power lefties in the Yanks rotation--he could slide into Garcia's slot. I don't like the odds of that happening or of him going to some other East team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Miller time will soon be in Boston!:
    [QUOTE]I wasn't disagreeing. I was strongly for the idea of having as many arms available as possible to choose from this spring. My point is, we may call him up by June 15th, but Tito may not start him over Aceves. He could use him in long relief or in mop-up roles until he proves he can do it in the bigs.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I think Miller gets the nod over Aceves for the rotation, if only because it's more dangerous (IMO) to have someone with a history of control problems in the pen.  Also, Aceves has established his value as a bullpen arm, the main reason I finally divided I'd rather have Wake than Aceves in the rotation.

That's not to say that I think there's really a bad decision here, just my take.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think Miller gets the nod over Aceves for the rotation, if only because it's more dangerous (IMO) to have someone with a history of control problems in the pen.  Also, Aceves has established his value as a bullpen arm, the main reason I finally divided I'd rather have Wake than Aceves in the rotation.

That's not to say that I think there's really a bad decision here, just my take.

I agree, but the real question will be, what to do if no starter goes on the DL and Miller keeps looking good and needs to come up on the 15th?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Miller is needed in the pen.
    That's where he should start his RedSox career.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He'll have to unless there's an injury.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]Dang. I thought you meant Rick Miller.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]
    Man those are some sweet hats, I don't understand why those aren't the alternative hats and the hanging Sox are.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miller time will soon be in Boston! : I think Miller gets the nod over Aceves for the rotation, if only because it's more dangerous (IMO) to have someone with a history of control problems in the pen.  Also, Aceves has established his value as a bullpen arm, the main reason I finally divided I'd rather have Wake than Aceves in the rotation. That's not to say that I think there's really a bad decision here, just my take.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

"I think Miller gets the nod over Aceves for the rotation, if only because it's more dangerous (IMO) to have someone with a history of control problems in the pen".

agree with this and with bringing him up. i think hi sera will be better than lackeys. i go with the better player over higher salary.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]I think Miller gets the nod over Aceves for the rotation, if only because it's more dangerous (IMO) to have someone with a history of control problems in the pen.  Also, Aceves has established his value as a bullpen arm, the main reason I finally divided I'd rather have Wake than Aceves in the rotation. That's not to say that I think there's really a bad decision here, just my take. I agree, but the real question will be, what to do if no starter goes on the DL and Miller keeps looking good and needs to come up on the 15th?
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

lackey on dl.
    kid pitches well, consider disabling lackey for the year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Currently, Wake is 2nd in winning % on the team and the team is 4-2 in his starts (could have easily been 5-1).

Currently, Wake has a current ERA of 4.84 and has needed a week or more to waddle out there. He did a belly flop in his last poor outing.

Felix was around .500 in winning percentage, so I don't think Wake's record reflects how bad he is. DiceK won 18 games, but Moonserb and his ilk like to post a spot from Wakefield's sample and make it look like he's more than the washed up mid 40's fat guy he is. Moonserb, not long ago, was complainig how Wakefield wasn't getting enough run support, and his W/L record didn't reflect how good he had been in recent years.

It's not "Miller takes Aceves place", it obviously should be Miller takes Wakefield's place. If Miller, over a bigger sample, proves ineffective, there is Doubrant and other options. The Wakefield story is based strictly on popularity. He isn't fit to be on the active roster.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I would think they bring up Miller before the 15th and give him some spot starts. Maybe give some of the guys a rest once in a while or even take Wakefield's spot in a turn to see how he does. They have him all stretched out and he is hot. They may give him a couple starts to see how he's doing. 

if there is one thing I am pretty sure of it's that he is in mlb next week. He's not staying down in the minors.

One more thing. The guy has outstanding stuff but if you throw it across the plate in mlb it gets hit. He maybe benefiting from the dilution of AAA talent a little and an approach which involves focusing on cutting down walks. What is working in AAA ball might not work in the majors. He may come up and be great or he may come up and be pounded also. My guess is that he will do fairly well if given a chance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

I thought I saw an article back when he signed the minor league contract with the Sox where he stated he love teh Sox plan and was commited to staying with them. Then again it could have just been my imagination that saw the article, that does happen from time to time. I dont think he is leaving the Sox, but I do agree with posters here that he may soon be up with the big boys! I don't think there has ever been a question about his stuff, it has always been his control.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]I thought I saw an article back when he signed the minor league contract with the Sox where he stated he love teh Sox plan and was commited to staying with them. Then again it could have just been my imagination that saw the article, that does happen from time to time. I dont think he is leaving the Sox, but I do agree with posters here that he may soon be up with the big boys! I don't think there has ever been a question about his stuff, it has always been his control.
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]

Agreed Promise! Don't you think that with his recent numbers though that he will expect to be in the majors soon? Some here have stated that he might just stay in AAA for development and shoot for a spot in the rotation in 2012. I think he is in the majors next week one way or the other. He has ceratinly earned a spot in the majors and who knows, he might be a tremendous find for us going forward. a huge addition to the team, maybe even replacing Matsuzaka with a stud!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

"Agreed Promise! Don't you think that with his recent numbers though that he will expect to be in the majors soon? Some here have stated that he might just stay in AAA for development and shoot for a spot in the rotation in 2012. I think he is in the majors next week one way or the other. He has ceratinly earned a spot in the majors and who knows, he might be a tremendous find for us going forward. a huge addition to the team, maybe even replacing Matsuzaka with a stud!"

Hi Boom, I certainly believe that he is coming up soon. Knowing how the Sox work (and this kid is happy to be with the Sox organization) I'm betting they are already talking to him about making a few more starts and sticking past that 6/15 date and telling him his chance is going to be real soon with the big team. If he leaves and fails on another team he could be done, the Sox minor league staff has done great things for him and his confidence. We keep forgetting he is still only 27 (I believe). His prime is coming and if he garners the control over his mechanics he will be a stud in Boston (who has the team built for the long hall) and he will have many opportunities at WS rings. I say he stays with the Sox no matter where he has to play right now, but I think he is on the way up the road to Fenway real soon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

[QUOTE]One more start like the last 3, and he'll be called up.  He has a June 15th opt out date.  If he struggles with his control in his next start, it will be interesting to see if he's willing to delay his opt out date by a couple weeks.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Miller is unlikely to opt-out on June 15th, according to his agent. Miller has a second opt-out date of Aug 5th.