Miller....Really Tito???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Miller....Really Tito???

How did this guy rate to start the 2nd half? Guess Wakefield hasn't done enough for the Sox.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Miller....Really Tito???

Really?

First bad start.

Did you throw your kid into the road when he fell over the first time he fell over trying to walk ....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

he did the same nonsense last year where he pitched the scrubs first and we ended up losing games right away after the break...same old Coma

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In Response to Re: Miller....Really Tito???:
    [QUOTE]Really? First bad start. Did you throw your kid into the road when he fell over the first time he fell over trying to walk ....
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]
    No, my kid walked the the very 1st time (at 10 months). Next question?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

His choices were Miller, Wake (4.74 ERA) and Lackey (6.84 ERA).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya maybe the sox should start looking more urgently for a starter and a good one at that. our rotation sucks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Where's softy crunching ERA numbers now?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

thats the slowest 92 mph fastball I have ever seen. someone needs to check that gun

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]he did the same nonsense last year where he pitched the scrubs first and we ended up losing games right away after the break...same old Coma
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  It was a throw-away game, plain and simple. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Sooooo, this isn't the Miller era after all?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Lose 1 game, all hell breaks loose. The kid is 3-1; if he ends up with a .750 WPct; he'll set the record and go to the HOF.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]he did the same nonsense last year where he pitched the scrubs first and we ended up losing games right away after the break...same old Coma

So then why didn't you post before the game that Francona shouldn't have pitched Miller tonight?  Same old cowardly second guessing.

Personally I think Miller isn't that good at all.  But that isn't Francona's fault.  His top 4 starters are out right now as Beckett cant go for another few days.  The guy pitched badly.  That's the whole story.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I'm impressed that they were able to make a come back.  Too late, but they never gave up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Lose 1 game, all hell breaks loose. The kid is 3-1; if he ends up with a .750 WPct; he'll set the record and go to the HOF.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

His record is a strong reflection of the poor competition he's faced overall.
    As I mentioned earlier, during the "miller era", I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him in a meaningful BP role in mid-late August.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

boy you people, especially the ones who dont want to give a guy a chance when hes doing well in the minors. you counsel on not getting hopes up too quick, then trash him after 1 bad game. everyone on this staff has been blown up at least once this year (and they are veterans).  chill out and watch baseball. dont trash a guy till he pitches a whole year of bad games, not one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Well, on the refreshing side, it's good to see Georom mad at Francona for not pitching Wake. After all, for quite a long time he had a ridiculous signature saying something like Wake was Francona's crack. I guess crack ain't so bad after all. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

That is right, I had forgotten that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Well, on the refreshing side, it's good to see Georom mad at Francona for not pitching Wake. After all, for quite a long time he had a ridiculous signature saying something like Wake was Francona's crack. I guess crack ain't so bad after all. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

LOL that's right...I guess now Wake is Georom's crack.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miller....Really Tito??? : So then why didn't you post before the game that Francona shouldn't have pitched Miller tonight?  Same old cowardly second guessing. Personally I think Miller isn't that good at all.  But that isn't Francona's fault.  His top 4 starters are out right now as Beckett cant go for another few days.  The guy pitched badly.  That's the whole story.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

arent there like 80million reasons to pitch Lackey instead of some guy you picked up off waivers???? is that so hard to figure out...apparently you have the same size pea-brain as our manager...now crawl back into your hole

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

At best, Miller has an outside shot at being a mediocre 5th starter. The walks have to be reduced or he will be back to the minors soon. We do need to get healthy quick in the rotation.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

You can't put all this on Miller. The defense, particularly Salty, let him down. Yes, he walked 5, but was getting somewhat squeezed.

Plenty of blame to go around on this one and I'm still scrathcing my head over Nararro in LF, and Reddick on the bench!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I agree that Miller was squeezed a bit and he wasn't helped by Salty's bonehead play, but his K/BB ratio is quite troubling.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

walktorun, exactly what I posted on the Salty fault thread. Wakefield's career numbers are great in Tampa, and he has proven often that he is the right guy to throw against the other team's prohibitive ace.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Every pitcher gets squeezed at times: some by umps, some by bad defense behind them, and some by inherited runners allowed to score.

I posted earlier the game by game ERs allowed by Wake. He's been "squeezed" more than any other Sox starter this year... by far.

There's a clown in our midst who wanted Miller here day one over Wake. Miller had an awful start in AAA and had nearly as many walks as IP at one point in early May. Bravo, clown! Miller has always had issues with wildness. (career 5.3 BB/9) He has a higher BB/9 in 2011 than his career numbers (5.7). His career ERA is 5.83. His career WHIP is 1.742. His WHIP this year is even higher (1.816).

Miller has only started 5 games. The sample size is too small to know if he has turned things around, but here is his gamelog:
    IP  ER  H  BB 
    5.2  3  7   3 (SD)
    6.0  1  5   2 (Pitt)
    6.0  2  7   2 (Hou)
    5.0  3  6   4 (Bal)
    2.2  7  5   5 (TB)

As you can see, none of these teams have great offenses.

The resident clown keeps saying Wake has faced easy opponents, but despite repeated fact checking that exposes the fraud, the fact remains, Wake has faced tougher offenses and better teams than Miller and has done better even if you don't consider his tough luck (worse D behind him than other Sox starters and a higher rate of his inherited runners scoring).

Here is Wake's gamelog:
    IP  ER  H  BB
    5.2  1  3   1  (Sea)
    4.1  6  9   4  (Min)
    6.2  1  4   0  (Cubs)
    7.0  2  5   2  (Det)
    6.0  4  7   1  (CWS)
    5.1  5  5   3  (NYY)
    7.0  1  4   5  (TB)
    8.0  3  3   1  (Mil)
    6.0  5  7   4  (Pitt)
    5.1  5  11 0  (Hou)
    7.0  3  9   1  (Tor)

Once again, let's look at the starter numbers for 2011:
    ERA:
    1) Beck 2.27
    2) Lest  3.31
    3) Buch 3.48
    4) Wake 4.74
    5) Dice   4.95
    6) Acev  5.14
    7) Miller 5.68
    8) Lack  6.84
    9) Weil  13.50
    WHIP:
    1)Beck  0,946
    2) Lest  1.207
    3) Buch 1.294  
    4) Wake 1.302
    5) Dice   1.404
    6) Lack   1.544
    7) Acev  1.571
    8) Miller 1.588 (before last nights 10 WHIP/2.2 IP)
    9) Weil   2.500

By the numbers only, Wake has clearly been our 4th best starter. Wake also has 68.1 IP in his 11 starts (about 6 1/3 IP per start). Miller has 25.1 in 5 GS (about 5 IP per start) . Aceves has 21 IP/4 GS (about 5 IP/GS).

Yes, Miller has done pretty well going just by ERs per start, but he has only 2 quality starts out of 5 starts. In both of those starts he still had 16 WHIP in 12 IP (1.333 WHIP).

Wake has 4 QS/11 starts, but missed a 5th by 1/3 inning (5.2 IP/1 ER). Wake's overall BB/9 (2.8) is second only to Beckett's 2.7 with Sox pitchers over 45 IP.

If you think numbers are over-rated, then go by your own observations. If you watched all of Wake's starts, you'd know he has done way better than his numbers indicate.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miller....Really Tito??? : arent there like 80million reasons to pitch Lackey instead of some guy you picked up off waivers???? is that so hard to figure out...apparently you have the same size pea-brain as our manager...now crawl back into your hole

You seem to have a hard time making a point without childish insults.  I can follow suit if you wish.

You are a cowardly second guessing child who only criticizes after the fact.  You have nothing to add to this board other than comic relief.  You're signature says lets talk baseball yet every post you make is nothing but you taking a big dump in your adult size diaper.  You're one of those people that gets laughed at and has no idea.

So anyway you're entire point is that Lackey should have pitched because he gets paid more.  Even though Miller is in the rotation because of 4 injured starters you blame the manager.  Yeah...lets talk baseball you genius.  I could have a better argument with my dog.

Sections
Shortcuts