Miller....Really Tito???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Miller....Really Tito???

In Response to Re: Miller....Really Tito???:
    [QUOTE]Wastefield is better than Miller, because Moonslow says so. Nice touch to show no confidence in this player that Moonslow and Harnut say should have been given the start in this series. It's not fair!
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

I never said Wake was better than Miller: I said his numbers- the same numbers you use to rip Wake- show he has done better so far this year.

You are an expert at twisting, lying, and misinforming this board.

I never said or intimated I had no confidence in Miller. Miller is what he is. He is doing exactly what you say every Sox player you hate is doing: "following his career norm".

At the start of the season, you wanted "anyone but Wake", even "Wally" would have been a better choice. You claimed Wake was keeping young pitchers from getting a chance to contribute. I asked you to name these young pitchers so deserving of starting over Wake (or others). First you were silent. Later, you claimed Miller, Doubront and still more "unnamed others" would have been better choices.

You ignore the fact that Miller had a horrible start in AAA. To say he would have been a "better choice" than Wake in early May is just plain wrong.
    Miller's BB/9 is higher than his career norm (5.7 to 5.3).
    His WHIP is higher than his career norm (1.816 to 1.742).
    His ERA is almost identical to his career norm (5.68 to 5.83).
    Why can't you just use the same criteria to judge Miller as you do Wake? (You don't need to answer: I know why. It's affirmative action. Wake's a "Good Ole Boy" who needs to be knocked down some notches.) 

You ingnored the fact that Doubront was injured and ineffective in his limited duty (6.75 ERA in 2.2 IP). If Douby was healthy, he'd have gotten several chances to shine. He has not been an option.

You never mentioned Weiland by name, but his start this year was not "better than Wake".

You act like I am Wake's biggest fan. The fact is, I don't really even like him. He is far from my favorite Sox player. I am merely defending his record and his performance this year, the past 3-5 years and over his career against the like of you and others who enjoy bashing and spewing hate (yes, "hate") against Sox players (especially, the undeserving).

Stop the lies.

Stop the misiformation and misrepresentation of other's viewpoints.

Stop being a clown.

One last thing: here's the 2011 starter scoreboard:

Wake 5-3  4.74 ERA  1.302 WHIP (11 GS  68.1 IP  36 ER  67 H  22 BB)
     Team: 7-4 in Wake's starts, including 2 losses that he left with a lead
    vs
    "Anyone but Wake"
     Team: 4-1 w Miller/1-3 w Aceves/1-0 w Weiland (6-4 total)
    A.Miller 3-1  5.68  1.816  (5GS  25.1 IP  16 ER  30 H  16 BB 1 HBP)
    Aceves 1-1  5.14  1.571  (4 GS  21 IP  12 ER  20 H  13 BB 5 HBP)
    Weiland 0-0 13.50  2.500 (1GS 4 IP  6 ER  8 H  2 BB 2 HB)
    Totals: 4-2  6.08  1.889  (10 GS  50.1 IP  34 ER  58 H  31 BB 8 HBP)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Miller....Really Tito???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miller....Really Tito??? : I never said Wake was better than Miller: I said his numbers- the same numbers you use to rip Wake- show he has done better so far this year. You are an expert at twisting, lying, and misinforming this board.   I never said or intimated I had no confidence in Miller. Miller is what he is. He is doing exactly what you say every Sox player you hate is doing: "following his career norm". At the start of the season, you wanted "anyone but Wake", even "Wally" would have been a better choice. You claimed Wake was keeping young pitchers from getting a chance to contribute. I asked you to name these young pitchers so deserving of starting over Wake (or others). First you were silent. Later, you claimed Miller, Doubront and still more "unnamed others" would have been better choices. You ignore the fact that Miller had a horrible start in AAA. To say he would have been a "better choice" than Wake in early May is just plain wrong. Miller's BB/9 is higher than his career norm (5.7 to 5.3). His WHIP is higher than his career norm (1.816 to 1.742). His ERA is almost identical to his career norm (5.68 to 5.83). Why can't you just use the same criteria to judge Miller as you do Wake? (You don't need to answer: I know why.)  You ingnored the fact that Doubront was injured and ineffective in his limited duty (6.75 ERA in 2.2 IP). If Douby was healthy, he'd have gotten several chances to shine. He has not been an option. You never mentioned Weiland by name, but his start this year was not "better than Wake". You act like I am Wake's biggest fan. The fact is, I don't really even like him. He is far from my favorite Sox player. I am merely defending his record and his performance this year, the past 3-5 years and over his career against the like of you and others who enjoy bashing and spewing hate (yes, "hate") against Sox players (especially, the undeserving). Stop the lies. Stop the misiformation and misrepresentation of other's viewpoints. Stop being a clown.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Softy gets schooled again.  Wow, Moon owns you!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to Miller....Really Tito???:
    [QUOTE]How did this guy rate to start the 2nd half? Guess Wakefield hasn't done enough for the Sox.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

Wakefield's ERA at the Trop over the past 3 years is like 7.25.  It's only slightly better at Camden Yard, but the Orioles aren't have the team that the Rays are.