Miller's one-hitter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Miller's one-hitter

It's surprising that, with all of his pitches, Miller has only given up one hit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Miller's No-No

JINX

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Miller's one-hitter

Five amazing innings.  Three walks in the first or second, bases loaded with one out, and he gets the ever popular GIDP.  Then another walk or two, but slowly, surely gets his control back.  He ended up throwing fewer pitches that Arrieta of the Orioles for the first five innings.  And fewer runs, of course. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Miller's one-hitter:
    [QUOTE] It's surprising that, with all of his pitches, Miller has only given up one hit.
    Posted by WE5NUTS[/QUOTE]

So, are you going to change the thread title and your post with each hit he gives up?  As a Red Sox fan, I hope you're done for the day with your revisions. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

the Sox may.....I say MAY, lose this one because of Francona's
    absolute refusal to play smart small ball, or percentage baseball.
    It's a blazing hot day out there, and Arrieta has thrown about
    90 or more pitches. Reddick on first, no one out. Crawford
    is swinging away. Why not lay one down and see if they can
    draw an errant throw from Arrieta or the catcher. They can
    advance a runner { Reddick } to scoring position. But..no
    no, no. Swing away , Carl. So...he wildly strikes out, and
    draws an interference call. TWO OUTS, no rally...and
    Francona blows at least a chance to manufacture a rally.
    2-0 is not a big lead. It's the sixth inning, and you need
    insurance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I can't help but think Varitek has had a positive effect on Miller today. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: Miller's one-hitter:
    [QUOTE]I can't help but think Varitek has had a positive effect on Miller today. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Harness should be arriving shortly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

Despite what the diehard Sox fans may think....that Francona
    walks on water, you have to wonder why he plays Navarro
    The guy has a nice arm, fields well...but is a disaster at the
    plate. He swings like a rusty gate and is a rally killer. What's
    the matter with Iglesias...let him at least try. How about
    Lowrie ?? I know he's injured, but anyone gotta be better
    than Navarro.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

perhaps MILLER could become the left-handed DICE-K SOX fans have been waiting for.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

happy, but lets face facts. It was the Orioles. Me? I don't want Miller starting a playoff game.
    Interesting decision when health returns to the rotation in the next week or two. Is Miller the #5 or BPen? Do you want Miller coming into a game with men on base?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Book on Miller all along...control, control and control: ie Walks...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Wow...One week ago people wanted him out of the rotation.  One start later, Cy Young.  I think the pendulum swings too far both ways, no?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Coaching staff somehow needs to get his command in place. With that he would be fine as a #5 starter or solid long RP. If he keeps walking batters at this pace he won't be around too long.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Miller's one-hitter:
    [QUOTE]perhaps MILLER could become the left-handed DICE-K SOX fans have been waiting for.
    Posted by the_yazzer[/QUOTE]

Funny, I was using that comparison today as well...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from therimrattler. Show therimrattler's posts

miller is never going to be considered along with cy young, but if nothing else the sox are now 5-1 in his six starts since being called up from pawtucket.

he is not great, has a lot of improving to do but wouldn't we want to have the sox win 5 of every 6 each guy starts?

i am concerned about how he can so quickly seem to lose everything at any particular time although i do like that he seems to be able to bounce back most of the time after hitting the control pot hole.

he had the terrible inning today, but limited the damage and then was much more in control for the rest of his outing with far more balls being much closer to the strike zone.

almost wonder if he doesn't yet trust his stuff, tries to over-throw and nit pick too often.

Sections
Shortcuts