Minihane misogyny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Minihane misogyny

Fire his butt and sit loud mouth Callahan down for a couple of weeks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Minihane misogyny

Idiocy at its finest, wasn't it? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

For sure

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

what happened?  why is there so much hate for those guys?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

The WEEI idiots exhibited their caveman mentality and an abysmal knowledge of the English language to "carve up" someone without resorting to ugly, vulgar personal attacks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The WEEI idiots exhibited their caveman mentality and an abysmal knowledge of the English language to "carve up" someone without resorting to ugly, vulgar personal attacks.

[/QUOTE]

can you be a little more vague?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Go to Boston.com Home

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I don't know what the op is talking about about, but Kirk has changed since joining the morning team.  He has become rude and crude at times with the two.  Last week when he was with Bradford, he was pretty good. He needs to get away from cal and the other guy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

WEEI host Kirk Minihane calls Erin Andrews ‘a B----  after Fox reporter allows Adam Wainwright to backtrack on Derek Jeter remarks 

A Boston radio host blew his stack Wednesday morning after Fox’s Erin Andrews allowed Adam Wainwright to blame someone else — social media — after he said he threw Derek Jeter a couple of fat pitches to lead off the Yankees captain’s final All-Star Game.

After the Cardinals ace allowed Jeter to hit a leadoff double, he told reporters that he was “going to give (Jeter) a couple of pipe shots,” then admitted that he “should have pitched him a little better than that.” Jeter’s double sparked a three-run inning in the American League’s 5-3 win.

After the comments made their way onto Twitter, Andrews caught up with Wainwright in the bottom of the eighth inning and gave him a platform to explain that somehow, what he said wasn’t his fault. Or what he meant. Or he made a joke that everyone missed. It was a move that sent WEEI’s Kirk Minihane into a frenzy.

“What a b ----! I hate her! What a gutless b ----! Seriously, go away. Drop dead,” Minihane said on the Dennis and Callahan Show after they played Andrews’ interview with Wainwright. “I mean, seriously what the hell is wrong with her? First of all, follow-up. Second of all, the guy admitted he did it. He admitted it. He told reporters he threw a couple of pipe bombs. How is that social media’s fault? I hate her. I seriously hate her so much. Social media is the reason she has a big house! Shut up. Shut up. I shouldn’t call her a b----, I’m sure she’s a nice person.”

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WEEI host Kirk Minihane calls Erin Andrews ‘a B----  after Fox reporter allows Adam Wainwright to backtrack on Derek Jeter remarks 

A Boston radio host blew his stack Wednesday morning after Fox’s Erin Andrews allowed Adam Wainwright to blame someone else — social media — after he said he threw Derek Jeter a couple of fat pitches to lead off the Yankees captain’s final All-Star Game.

After the Cardinals ace allowed Jeter to hit a leadoff double, he told reporters that he was “going to give (Jeter) a couple of pipe shots,” then admitted that he “should have pitched him a little better than that.” Jeter’s double sparked a three-run inning in the American League’s 5-3 win.

After the comments made their way onto Twitter, Andrews caught up with Wainwright in the bottom of the eighth inning and gave him a platform to explain that somehow, what he said wasn’t his fault. Or what he meant. Or he made a joke that everyone missed. It was a move that sent WEEI’s Kirk Minihane into a frenzy.

“What a b ----! I hate her! What a gutless b ----! Seriously, go away. Drop dead,” Minihane said on the Dennis and Callahan Show after they played Andrews’ interview with Wainwright. “I mean, seriously what the hell is wrong with her? First of all, follow-up. Second of all, the guy admitted he did it. He admitted it. He told reporters he threw a couple of pipe bombs. How is that social media’s fault? I hate her. I seriously hate her so much. Social media is the reason she has a big house! Shut up. Shut up. I shouldn’t call her a b----, I’m sure she’s a nice person.”

[/QUOTE]

ah, yeah this was more about the hype surrounding jeter and the fact you have an opposing pitcher putting the integrity of the game in jeopardy.  Pete Rose gets banned for it and Adam Wainwright gets cheered.  Got it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

ok, thanks for posting that and it does not surprise me.  He jokes about having sex with women and makes crude remarks all the time.

He was really good when on the weekends, but is tough to listen to now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Minihane always struck me as a mean s.o.b.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I like Minihane, and heard the comments, as they happened.

Just reading the words isn't the entire story. He ramped up to this to some degree. What REALLY set him off was Erin Andrew's parting comment after the interview, which was "gotta love social media!" That's what sent Kirk into hysterics as Erin Andrews is basically famous because of social media.

It was half serious/half in jest. At the end, he did calm down and say the "I don't know her/shouldn't call her that". He basically admitted he went overboard, but stood by his feeling that Erin Andrews taking a pot shot at social media is absurd for her to do.

If you listened to the show, his verbal duel with the allegedly elderly female doctor should have been more offensive... I've noticed people tend to take a snippet and run with it around here...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

depends on snippet size

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

All three of those idiots should be fired.  Dennis and Callahan have been dirtbags forever.  Minihan has fit right in.   All of them could be easily replaced.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like Minihane, and heard the comments, as they happened.

Just reading the words isn't the entire story. He ramped up to this to some degree. What REALLY set him off was Erin Andrew's parting comment after the interview, which was "gotta love social media!" That's what sent Kirk into hysterics as Erin Andrews is basically famous because of social media.

It was half serious/half in jest. At the end, he did calm down and say the "I don't know her/shouldn't call her that". He basically admitted he went overboard, but stood by his feeling that Erin Andrews taking a pot shot at social media is absurd for her to do.

If you listened to the show, his verbal duel with the allegedly elderly female doctor should have been more offensive... I've noticed people tend to take a snippet and run with it around here...

[/QUOTE]

I don't see that at all. 

BTW...I noted that you CLEARLY SAID in the above post: "I like Andrew, the elderly Doctor. It was half in but by his feeling he was ramped up to some degree.  At the end he did calm down and said "Gotta love taking a shot"!!"

IT'S ALL THERE!!!!  YOU SAID ALL OF IT!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

So is this the first time someone took Minihane seriously?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to notin's comment:

So is this the first time someone took Minihane seriously?

good point.  Kirk got popular on the weekends when he called out Callahan and his love for Schilling.  Kirk covered the 38 studios incident and talked about things callahan would not.  I was surprised to see the two end up together.  I think Kirk was send in to help with the ratings but he wasn't able to accomplish the mission.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can't believe they haven't blown that show up already.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]aGREE/CONCUR And bring back  jon-metor-perril  !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]aGREE/CONCUR And bring back  jon-metor-perril  !!!

[/QUOTE]

He's an idiot too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Birds of a feather....

Q - Why does the Navy sew the seaman's name on their back pocket?

A - So the Marines know who they're -----ing.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I'd rather read this forum than listen to talk radio loudmouths rant and rave, or read columns by the likes of Shaughnessy and Mazz, any day.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Birds of a feather....

Q - Why does the Navy sew the seaman's name on their back pocket?

A - So the Marines know who they're -----ing.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

[/QUOTE]Foolish me, I always thought that was how the SAILOR GOT HIS CLEAN LAUNDRY BACK FORM THE SHIPS LAUNDRY !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Kirk Minihane has issued the following statement regarding comments he made about Erin Andrews on Wednesday morning.

"This morning on the radio I used a series of words to describe Erin Andrews' work at the All-Star Game. My choice of words was wrong; I was wrong to have used them. To all whom I offended -- particularly Ms. Andrews -- I apologize. There is no place for what was said. It was immature and completely uncalled for. I am often critical of media members and their work and recognize here that I've made the kind of mistake I would call out if it was done by another sportscaster or writer. Again, to all involved, I'm very sorry."

Sections
Shortcuts