Minor League season to date

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Minor League season to date

2004Idiot has done a good job with the game day updates. I thought I would take a look at some of the season numbers. Best start of a season I can remember.

Players under 23 in the AA Eastern league with an OPS over .800.....

Yankees J.R. Murphy 21.11--------.945
    Red Sox Michael Almanzar 22.4---.919
    Red Sox Xander Bogaerts 20.6----.828
    Red Sox Christian Vazquez 22.8--.818
    Giants Joe Panik 22.6--------------.803
    Red Sox Heiker Meneses 21.9-----.801

The Red Sox AA infield is awesome if you add Travis Shaw in the mix.

Garin Cecchini and Sean Coyle are 1-2 in OPS in the A+ Carolina league with atleast 60 PA's.

1-Garin Cecchini 22.2-----1.170
    2-Sean Coyle 21.3--------1.086
    3-Robby Hefflinger 23.3---.972
    4-David Rohm 23.3--------.958
    5-Francisco Lindor 19.5---.928

Cecchini and Coyle are dominating the Carolina league.

Catchers throwing percentages this season......

Lavarnway--44%
    Vasquez----44%
    Swihart-----37%
    Butler-------31%

Good numbers.

Michael Almanzar has made 1 error in 16 games at 3rd base this season. He is better defensively at 3rd base then people give him credit. Solid defensive numbers last season too. Compare to Cecchini having 7 errors. Both are a young 22.

Plate discipline.....

Christian Vazquez -13-6
    Mookie Betts ------23-12
    Travis Shaw -------25-20
    Garin Cecchini ----15-14
    Ryan Lavarnway ----9-9

Don't sleep on Mookie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Minor League season to date

In response to BMav's comment:

2004Idiot has done a good job with the game day updates. I thought I would take a look at some of the season numbers. Best start of a season I can remember.

Players under 23 in the AA Eastern league with an OPS over .800.....

Yankees J.R. Murphy 21.11--------.945
    Red Sox Michael Almanzar 22.4---.919
    Red Sox Xander Bogaerts 20.6----.828
    Red Sox Christian Vazquez 22.8--.818
    Giants Joe Panik 22.6--------------.803
    Red Sox Heiker Meneses 21.9-----.801

The Red Sox AA infield is awesome if you add Travis Shaw in the mix.

Garin Cecchini and Sean Coyle are 1-2 in OPS in the A+ Carolina league with atleast 60 PA's.

1-Garin Cecchini 22.2-----1.170
    2-Sean Coyle 21.3--------1.086
    3-Robby Hefflinger 23.3---.972
    4-David Rohm 23.3--------.958
    5-Francisco Lindor 19.5---.928

Cecchini and Coyle are dominating the Carolina league.

Catchers throwing percentages this season......

Lavarnway--44%
    Vasquez----44%
    Swihart-----37%
    Butler-------31%

Good numbers.

Michael Almanzar has made 1 error in 16 games at 3rd base this season. He is better defensively at 3rd base then people give him credit. Solid defensive numbers last season too. Compare to Cecchini having 7 errors. Both are a young 22.

Plate discipline.....

Christian Vazquez -13-6
    Mookie Betts ------23-12
    Travis Shaw -------25-20
    Garin Cecchini ----15-14
    Ryan Lavarnway ----9-9

Don't sleep on Mookie.

Shaw is really close to that list and has always had a great OBP and patient approach at the plate. I posted something on Almanzar the other day that didnt garner any interest. He was drafted at 16 and had a few issues along the way but seems to have put it all together starting last year and into this year. hes got a high power ceiling and seems to have figured it out at the plate in regards to pitch recognition and on defense as well.

Vasquez is a great catcher both on offense and defense. Im really high on him. He works with the Molinas in the off season and it shows. He reminds me of yaddy.

Lots of good position prospects really showing their stuff so far. There will be some decisions to make really soon with a few of them.

Good work BMav

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Shaw is really close to that list and has always had a great OBP and patient approach at the plate. I posted something on Almanzar the other day that didnt garner any interest. He was drafted at 16 and had a few issues along the way but seems to have put it all together starting last year and into this year. hes got a high power ceiling and seems to have figured it out at the plate in regards to pitch recognition and on defense as well.

Vasquez is a great catcher both on offense and defense. Im really high on him. He works with the Molinas in the off season and it shows. He reminds me of yaddy.

I love Vasquez. I always found it odd that Soxprospects never had him in their top 20 until the last few days. They should have seen him numerous times. The defense might be the best in the minors. He has hit better then people give him credit in his career aswell. I think they over rate the importance of size in catchers there. I rank him 12th.

Also love Michael Almanzar. People used to rip him for his work ethic. I always thought that if he can have over an .800 OPS at 21 in a bad hitters park without working hard, how good will he be when he starts to smell the finish line and starts to work harder. We are starting to find out. He is in my top 20.

Travis Shaw had a similar start last year. Good numbers but I think only 1 homer his first 5-6 weeks. Then the homers came. Hopefully same thing happens.

Shaw, Almanzar and Vasquez are definately 3 of the most under rated prospects in the system. Good points southpaw.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

For pitchers, Im really hoping Drake Britton can become more consistent. His "stuff" is almost "unhittable" when hes on his game. It takes LHP a little more time to do this for some reason, so I think the Sox will have some patients with him because they see the potential.

Kyle Stroup is a big kid, who, if he gets his act together has some good stuff as well. Might end up in the pen though. Hes kind of my long shot along with Kieth Couch.

Cody Kukuk is the other kid I really like besides all the guys everyone is talking about. Working on getting the walks down, but at 20yrs old, he looks good. Big kid at 6'4 200lbs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

The AA SeaDogs have a nice starting rotation:

Britton, Workman, Barnes and Ranaudo.

Chris Martin has pitched 17.2 inn. out of the pen with a 0.00 ERA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Lavarnway is hitting .333 now with another HR tonight.  And throwing out a solid percentage of runners. Idon't think the Salty rumors are true because I wouldn't mess with a winning team but maybe it is true. Maybe they are seeing a solid option in Lavarnway, now that he appears to have his strength back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

And if Lavarnway or Ross did get hurt, Vasquez does look like he could fill in acceptably.