Mistake To Trade Betts Or Xander

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from therazcreation. Show therazcreation's posts

Mistake To Trade Betts Or Xander

It seems from what I have read, many Sox fans are so quick to give up on Betts and Xander. Sure, I would love to get Stanton from the Marlins. But giving up all that young talent will ONLY create more holes within the Red Sox roster. In fact, on ESPN tonight Rick Sutcliffe said he believes both Xander and Betts are going to be stars. He went on to rip how the Red Sox have handled these two kids. I see see Sox trading these kids and they do become stars- Red Sox have a history of doing this trading kids to other teams that become good players.

I think Betts, Xander and De La Rosa are keepers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Mistake To Trade Betts Or Xander

In response to therazcreation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It seems from what I have read, many Sox fans are so quick to give up on Betts and Xander. Sure, I would love to get Stanton from the Marlins. But giving up all that young talent will ONLY create more holes within the Red Sox roster. In fact, on ESPN tonight Rick Sutcliffe said he believes both Xander and Betts are going to be stars. He went on to rip how the Red Sox have handled these two kids. I see see Sox trading these kids and they do become stars- Red Sox have a history of doing this trading kids to other teams that become good players.

[/QUOTE]

Add Owens and ranaudo to your list

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from therazcreation. Show therazcreation's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am a huge Stanton fan. No mistake about it. But I think Sox making a long term mistake to give up on Betts and Xander.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Cannot wait to see Stanton smacking 30 singers a year for the next 10 years :)

While Boggy is a career triple a player

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from therazcreation. Show therazcreation's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Xander is going to be a very good player! Red Sox fans have a history of being not patient. Hell, look at how they drive in MASS. Enough said

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am a huge Stanton fan. No mistake about it. But I think Sox making a long term mistake to give up on Betts and Xander.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].  We have to decide just how badly we want Stanton. You cannot get him with guys like Bradley, Middlebrooks, Webster and Cecchini . It will certainly take guys like Bogaerts , Betts and Owens. I don't know if we want to do that. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

I don’t think anyone has given up on betts or xander. With betts the problem is he never gets to play. We start daniel nava and brock holt, but not betts. It makes no sense. We have nothing to play for, just let the kids play. He’s one of the guys who needs to get consistent playing time. No point having him on the team to ride the pine. I think if anything, the fans have given up on farrell and his lack of managerial skills. (And the fo, though the deadline moves were pretty solid)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from therazcreation. Show therazcreation's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don’t think anyone has given up on betts or xander. With betts the problem is he never gets to play. We start daniel nava and brock holt, but not betts. It makes no sense. We have nothing to play for, just let the kids play. He’s one of the guys who needs to get consistent playing time. No point having him on the team to ride the pine. I think if anything, the fans have given up on farrell and his lack of managerial skills. (And the fo, though the deadline moves were pretty solid)

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Betts should be playing and not Nava.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Xander and Betts are fine, no one is asking them to be traded tomorrow. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bogey is going to be a star? What have some people been seeing that I haven't? Oh, it must be because Rick Sutcliff and the Boston press says so. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tombirner. Show tombirner's posts

I can't believe how blindly in love with our prospects some Sox fans are. 

Bogaerts to this point has been a HUGE bust. His numbers are TERRIBLE, and his value is shot. I was clamoring to include him in package for Stanton this offseason, when he was being majorly overhyped by everyone and their mothers. I'm sure that ship has sailed, as Stanton will probably win the MVP this year. I remember reading people saying they wouldn't trade Bogaerts straight up for Stanton last offseason and I would actually laugh out loud at my computer.

Hope he shows me something next year.

Forgive me if I'm a little cynical about the Sox farm system, but considering Middlebrooks, JBJ and Boegarts' play this year, I'm no really expecting much from Betts, either. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

This team needs a hitter like Manny, Stanton is this. If he's available, you get him. He's a good guy too, team first.
    Love our prospects, but getting Stanton changes this team immediately.
    Besides I want to see him hit the ball through the wall, not over it.
    When I saw that rocket he hit to right this year convinced me. 3 seconds out. They measured it at 115 mph, when it cleared the fence.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I don't see Stanton getting traded considering he's not free agency eligible until 2017.  I just don't see it happening but I think Tulowitski will be dealt this winter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I never read, or heard, one word about anyone "giving up" on Betts! Where in the world did that come from? Betts is in solid with this team, now, and has done nothing but great things so far. He'll probably take over the lead-off spot befoe this year is over.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from therazcreation. Show therazcreation's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bogey is going to be a star? What have some people been seeing that I haven't? Oh, it must be because Rick Sutcliff and the Boston press says so. 

[/QUOTE]

I will tell you why. Go back to the playoffs from 2013. He was a big reason Sox beat the tigers in the ALCS. He drew walks and hit balls hard. There are times this season he has hit the balls hard. He is making better contact since moving back to SS.

Bobby Cox was recently quoted saying he thinks Xander is going to be a very good player. Bobby Cox knew young talent and build the Braves. If he had listened to fans who wanted Glavine traded for Greenwell, the Braves would have turned into nothing and Cox would have been fired.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].  We have to decide just how badly we want Stanton. You cannot get him with guys like Bradley, Middlebrooks, Webster and Cecchini . It will certainly take guys like Bogaerts , Betts and Owens. I don't know if we want to do that. 

[/QUOTE]

First, the Marlins have to make Stanton available.  If they do, we 'only' have to offer a package they like better than anybody else's.  But I'm sure we would have to include at least 1 of the 3 you mentioned, probably 2.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from therazcreation. Show therazcreation's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

First, the Marlins have to make Stanton available.  If they do, we 'only' have to offer a package they like better than anybody else's.  But I'm sure we would have to include at least 1 of the 3 you mentioned, probably 2.

[/QUOTE]

To land Stanton it would cost Betts, Owens and probably Xander.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Its not so much what people are seeing that you are not with Xander this year.  Its what people have seen before this year - like, the history of baseball - which tells us rookies struggle and then get better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

30???  If that's all he has to give,  I for one don't want him and his future $200mil contract!!

Sections
Shortcuts