MLB admits error on HR call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: MLB admits error on HR call

In Response to Re: MLB admits error on HR call:
    [QUOTE]seriously - can all the umps and replace them with tech and video...the same tech that jusges whether a tennis serve is out or not can be used for balls and strikes..replays for the rest..run everything out when in doubt...im so tired of these monkeys in blue screwing up
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

You cannot be serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MLB admits error on HR call :   Why would you not want to discuss this? If the season ends and the Sox win by a half game, is this not important? Are you this bitter? Damn, there are 20 some odd teams playing yours, don't you want to keep track of them? You don't keep track of Yankee games? Why wouldn't you? Do you even know who plays for other teams? Or is it you don't know enough about other teams  to be able to discuss them (I suspect Kim that this is the case)..??
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Go to the YES forum to discuss this. You have the link where hundreds of Yankee fans will agree with you or perhaps disagree. Why isn't that appealing to you? I know the the answer and so do you. Why not give us an honest answer for once?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MLB admits error on HR call : Go to the YES forum to discuss this. You have the link where hundreds of Yankee fans will agree with you or perhaps disagree. Why isn't that appealing to you? I know the the answer and so do you. Why not give us an honest answer for once?
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should go to the YES forum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MLB admits error on HR call : Maybe you should go to the YES forum.
    Posted by Mikeyinthebronx2[/QUOTE]

But I am not a Yankee fan on a Red Sox forum and you are a Yankee fan on a Red Sox forum. Do I need to spell it out for you or to go slower? Please try to keep up. You can't really be this dumb.  We all know that you are trolling. Most sensible and logical members will put you onto ignore. The others will consider you to be entertainment since Judge Judy is not on now - not even in Cambodia.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to MLB admits error on HR call:
    [QUOTE]  Major League Baseball acknowledged that umpires muffed the home run call in the Yankees' 5-4 loss to the Royals Wednesday night, but given that Joe Girardi opted not to file a protest, there's nothing that can be done about it. "The game is over and that's what it is," MLB executive VP of baseball operations Joe Torre told the Daily News on Thursday.
    Posted by fir.eballer58[/QUOTE]

That's the breaks.   Did MLB cry back in the 90's when Baltimore got robbed in the playoffs at yankee stadium when Jeffrey Maier reached over and snared a fly ball on the track with Tarasco camped under it?  That was freaking horrendous because it actually help give the Yanks the series.  As far as I'm concerned NYY cannot get enough bad calls go against them.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

No response from the obvious forum trolls. The enablers apparently have nothing else to do at "work" every day. It is no wonder why our GNP is meaningless compared to that of the Chinese and Japanese. A Chinese worker making 40 pairs of shoes daily is infinrtely more productive than Yazzer playing with himself at his desk and trolling BDC.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MLB admits error on HR call : But I am not a Yankee fan on a Red Sox forum and you are a Yankee fan on a Red Sox forum. Do I need to spell it out for you or to go slower? Please try to keep up. You can't really be this dumb.  We all know that you are trolling. Most sensible and logical members will put you onto ignore. The others will consider you to be entertainment since Judge Judy is not on now - not even in Cambodia.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Good morning Pike.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

well, you can't bring that one back..yeah, missed call but Yanks really have no kick coming, IMO they convert those 5th,6th and 7th inning LOBsters and that hr is moot..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

We should get rid of the umpires altogether. As a matter of fact, teams should just play virtual baseball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

umps screwed the Twins in the play-offs vs. NY

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]umps screwed the Twins in the play-offs vs. NY
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE] you're still talking about a play from 10 months ago?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

So what would have happened it Girardi did protest - would they replay the game from that point?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ->The-Babe<-. Show ->The-Babe<-'s posts

[QUOTE]So what would have happened it Girardi did protest - would they replay the game from that point?

Posted by maddog2020[/QUOTE]

I would assume so...just like the Pine Tar game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

I was sure that this thread would have been moved by now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Maybe it's me, but I don't have a problem with this thread being here.  (I DO have a problem with the trolls, but that's another story). 

I'd be as interested in this story if it were the Orioles or the A's or the Twins.  The fact that it's the Y's doesn't matter to me.

The thing I find interesting is that MBL has admitted that the umpires made an error.  Usually the Men in Blue are bulletproof and MLB will cover for them no matter what they do.  This has gotta be ammunition for more instant replay!

Sections
Shortcuts