MLB donates $200,000 to Philipines relief ???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

MLB donates $200,000 to Philipines relief ???

I just saw where Major League Baseball just donated a whopping $200,000 to aid in the relief efforts in the Philipines.

MLB are you kidding me?   Your donation is less than 1/2 of a basic player minimum contract and yet the average salary in your league is well over $2,000,000.

Cripes, actress Sandra Bullock donated ONE MILLION to the Hurricane Catrina relief programs all by HERSELF.

MLB should be totally embarrassed, and if that is all they could donate they just should have not bothered, in my opinion.  Better to look like they didn't realize that there was a need in the Philipines rather than come off as ultra CHEAP.

How about the owners of the World Series Championship Boston Red Sox matching Bullock's individual donation and making the rest of both leagues look like the cheapskates that they are?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Re: MLB donates $200,000 to Philipines relief ???

In response to charliedarling's comment:

I just saw where Major League Baseball just donated a whopping $200,000 to aid in the relief efforts in the Philipines.

MLB are you kidding me?   Your donation is less than 1/2 of a basic player minimum contract and yet the average salary in your league is well over $2,000,000.

Cripes, actress Sandra Bullock donated ONE MILLION to the Hurricane Catrina relief programs all by HERSELF.

MLB should be totally embarrassed, and if that is all they could donate they just should have not bothered, in my opinion.  Better to look like they didn't realize that there was a need in the Philipines rather than come off as ultra CHEAP.

How about the owners of the World Series Championship Boston Red Sox matching Bullock's individual donation and making the rest of both leagues look like the cheapskates that they are?

They beat China by 100,000.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Ah yes that great World Leader, China. lol. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

The previous poster beat me to it.  MLB alone donated twice as much as China did... now that's not right.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

All still more than China's initial offer, and the Chinese are keeping their world-class medical ship at anchor! I realize the Philippines are a gazillion miles away from China but let's at least make an effort. Bastards!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

It's 200,000 they didn't have before the donation. Isn't the saying no donation is too small? If everyone decided not to donate to any cause or charity, because they feared it wasn't  "enough", there wouldnt be any. Then what? 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Terrible isn't it. Cheap with a capital C. Thats like donating a case of beer when you own a brewery. unreal.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Dumb thread. MLB and it's players donate to and raise millions of dollars for numerous charities and programs. The $200,000 to Philippines relief is just one of many they have donated to this year and it won't be the last.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:

The players union is a seperate entity from MLB.

The players’ association designated $250,000 in funding from the players trust to support recovery and rebuilding in the Philippines.

This post needs to be repeated, since some of the subsequent posters clearly missed it...

Sections
Shortcuts