MLB Florida Living Room New Ballparks & Empty Seats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: MLB Florida Living Room New Ballparks & Empty Seats

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Not only does Mark Buehrle need to pay income tax (Florida has no income tax but Toronto does), but also he cannot bring his pitbull because they are not allowed in Toronto.  

Oh well, at least he now has a shot of making the playoffs.  

Easy enough to fix.  All he had to do was to ask for a no-trade clause.

Of course, maybe he'd have had to settle for less money.  Buehrle signed the contract and took the money.  The time to complain about the contract was before he signed.

I would refuse to go if I couldnt take my pooch with me where I was going to live...What a dumb and incompetent rule against pitbulls. Ban bad dog owners, no dogs...Pitties are some of the best dogs in the world to own. I really cant stand that city even more now since its obviously run by a bunch of media driven politicians who need to buy a clue...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Not only does Mark Buehrle need to pay income tax (Florida has no income tax but Toronto does), but also he cannot bring his pitbull because they are not allowed in Toronto.  

Of course, maybe he'd have had to settle for less money.  Buehrle signed the contract and took the money.  The time to complain about the contract was before he signed.

I would refuse to go if I couldnt take my pooch with me where I was going to live...What a dumb and incompetent rule against pitbulls. Ban bad dog owners, no dogs...Pitties are some of the best dogs in the world to own. I really cant stand that city even more now since its obviously run by a bunch of media driven politicians who need to buy a clue...

I agree with you.  I read that Ontario bans pitbulls.  So the Blue Jay's GM is helping Buehrle find a way to bring his pitbull. 

I also agree with Joebreidey.  Buehrle and his agent signed a contract without a no-trade clause so they cannot complain about being traded now.  After all, isn't this why Albert Pujols did not sign with the Marlins (for not giving him a no-trade clause)?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

You must be about 100 years old, because you are referring to some archaic belief system requiring personal responsibility.  If people were held responsible for their actions, we wouldn't need to hold animals responsible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Florida is the place where the further south you go the more north you get. south of gainesvill/Ocala the mix of people is mostly northerners. They all have passions for thier home teams. I will also add that IMHO that most Cubans and the other Carribean people are naturally NYY fans. I have said this on every thread the only place for a MLB team in FL is Orlando where you can draw upon the 8 to 10 million visitors from the north who mostly come in the summer time. It would be a natural marriage of theme parks, baseball, hoteleat and northern teams. The Braves do it every ST with Disney. Family fun and baseball a natural mix.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Miami fans were outraged because team officials had said the taxpayer-financed ballpark would ensure higher revenue and payrolls. Samson said spending reductions were necessary because 2012 attendance fell short of projections.

Despite years of competent management in FL and WS championship result, build it and they aren't coming. What a shame for the taxpayers down there.

Anyone remember that Marlins fan who was giddy about how the new living room was going to be "what was missing". I said it would fail and they would have to continue the practice of selling off the labor. I was right.

What was the screen name of that poster? Jasko or Marlin42 or something like that? I wonder rock he's crawled under. He was angry when I said people don't go to see baseball because their is a luxery living room to watch from.

The Red Sox attendance should be lower, not because of the old ballpark, but because of the poor labor choices and the embarrassing team performances.

Wow. Is your life really so sad that to make yourself feel better you have to go to the forum and point out some meaningless statement you made that actually turned out to be right.  I feel sorry for you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Damn, it sucks to be Stanton right now.   LOL

If I was Stanton, I would call up my agent and demand a trade.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Miami fans were outraged because team officials had said the taxpayer-financed ballpark would ensure higher revenue and payrolls. Samson said spending reductions were necessary because 2012 attendance fell short of projections.

Despite years of competent management in FL and WS championship result, build it and they aren't coming. What a shame for the taxpayers down there.

Anyone remember that Marlins fan who was giddy about how the new living room was going to be "what was missing". I said it would fail and they would have to continue the practice of selling off the labor. I was right.

What was the screen name of that poster? Jasko or Marlin42 or something like that? I wonder rock he's crawled under. He was angry when I said people don't go to see baseball because their is a luxery living room to watch from.

The Red Sox attendance should be lower, not because of the old ballpark, but because of the poor labor choices and the embarrassing team performances.

A lawyer who does not know how to spell "luxury" and does not know the difference between there and their.  What a hillbilly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

A lawyer who does not know how to spell "luxury" and does not know the difference between there and their.  What a hillbilly.

His mom secretary has been on strike, hence all the spelling and gramatical blunders.

Careful with the "hillbilly" comments; he came unglued when I mentioned how the areas where "rednecks" lived were the highest swing areas against the Dems in the 2008 election.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Florida is the place where the further south you go the more north you get. south of gainesvill/Ocala the mix of people is mostly northerners. They all have passions for thier home teams. I will also add that IMHO that most Cubans and the other Carribean people are naturally NYY fans. I have said this on every thread the only place for a MLB team in FL is Orlando where you can draw upon the 8 to 10 million visitors from the north who mostly come in the summer time. It would be a natural marriage of theme parks, baseball, hoteleat and northern teams. The Braves do it every ST with Disney. Family fun and baseball a natural mix.

I agree that moving one of the MLB teams to Orlando would be a good idea.  I don't understand why they didn't originally start a franchise in Orlando.  They would probably be a lot more successful. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

TB should move to North Carolina. They love their baseball there and deserve a ML team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I watched in amazement after the Tampa Bay team won the A.L. Pennant, and proceeded to completely refuse to add 1 cent to their advertisment for the following winter/spring. It was the perfect time to capitalize on a stellar season! They should have had radio promotions, co-sponsored events with local corporations,etc. But Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! The buffoons running the marketing dept. decided just winning was enough. The reason this market suffers, is that little Johnny doesn't have those fond memories of dad bringing him to the games-because there were no games to attend. The family bond we all know with the Red Sox simply never existed here for these kids. They needed to establish roots, and lovingly nurture them until they were strong. This was a chance to really teach the locals here why having a sports team is such fun. But they blew it, and I fear it's just a matter of time before the team relocates. If they can't keep the stadium full when the team is winning, how will things be when the inevitable decline and need to rebuild years come?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's hard to build team loyalty when half the population are transplants from outside the area and entrenched fans of other teams.

I see that here in the Houston area as well. 

Sections
Shortcuts