MLB prepared to ban Arod for life

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

MLB prepared to ban Arod for life

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2013/07/31/alex-rodriguez-suspended-lifetime-suspension-biogenesis/2606319/

Commissioner Bud Selig is prepared to levy a lifetime suspension on New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, while suspending about eight others before the weekend, two people with knowledge of the negotiations told USA TODAY Sports.

The people were unauthorized to speak publicly because no announcement is expected until Thursday or Friday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotrod2. Show hotrod2's posts

Re: MLB prepared to ban Arod for life

I'm a seacow; I know the boats are going to hit me but this is where I freaking swim!

I think right now what is going on is cruel and unfair to A-Rod. 

Constant leaks, drip drip drip, no evidence, just trial by public opinion, no chance to defend against anything specific, and this hype of something so large that has been uncovered that he faces life-time ban. 

He won't be the first or last repeat user. He may have tried to kill evidence of his using but so did Melky and others. How is what A-Rod has done, worse than what Braun did? 

There is no calls for Commissioner's office to seal the leak because  media is treating A-Rod like a combination of Ariel-Castro and Jerry Sandusky. If he is being hurt, then everyone seems to get a kick out of it.

A-Rod is immature and insecure jerk, but that doesn't justify national lynching.

Bad contract he got is not his fault. Should he have asked Yanks to cut down the offer to make it more reasonable?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

I been hacked

i agree , everyone deserves a third or fourth  chance 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

No doubt the Yankees front office is praying that he gets the lifetime suspension. Think of what it will save them!

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Here's an update from MLBTraderumors.com:

7:38pm: Rodriguez is negotiating with MLB on the terms of a suspension, reports ESPN's T.J. Quinn. (Links to Twitter.) Quinn says that MLB is holding out the possibility of a lifetime ban while also preferring to avoid an appeal process, with Rodriguez coming to the negotiating table after learning of the extent of the evidence against him. Most of the players facing suspensions appear prepared to accept 50-game bans, Quinn further tweets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

A-Rod should join the other disgraced American (Snowden) in Russia and live at the airport forever.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Here's an update from MLBTraderumors.com:

7:38pm: Rodriguez is negotiating with MLB on the terms of a suspension, reports ESPN's T.J. Quinn. (Links to Twitter.) Quinn says that MLB is holding out the possibility of a lifetime ban while also preferring to avoid an appeal process, with Rodriguez coming to the negotiating table after learning of the extent of the evidence against him. Most of the players facing suspensions appear prepared to accept 50-game bans, Quinn further tweets.

It is my understanding that MLB offered him a chance to settle for a 150 game suspension. If this is true he'd be insane not to take it..especially since it's clear they have substantial evidence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Instead of Cameron Diaz feeding him popcorn, someone needs to feed A-Rod some common sense.    LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

In response to hotrod2's comment:

I'm a seacow; I know the boats are going to hit me but this is where I freaking swim!

I think right now what is going on is cruel and unfair to A-Rod. 

Constant leaks, drip drip drip, no evidence, just trial by public opinion, no chance to defend against anything specific, and this hype of something so large that has been uncovered that he faces life-time ban. 

He won't be the first or last repeat user. He may have tried to kill evidence of his using but so did Melky and others. How is what A-Rod has done, worse than what Braun did? 

There is no calls for Commissioner's office to seal the leak because  media is treating A-Rod like a combination of Ariel-Castro and Jerry Sandusky. If he is being hurt, then everyone seems to get a kick out of it.

A-Rod is immature and insecure jerk, but that doesn't justify national lynching.

Bad contract he got is not his fault. Should he have asked Yanks to cut down the offer to make it more reasonable?

Yes it is worse.  MLB clearly has damning information that they will release indicating A-Rod repeatedly used, influenced others to use, and then purposely attempted to twart the investigation.  And he will certainly have the chance to defend himself through the appeals process and the fact that he has lawyers ready to challenge the ban/suspension when it is announced. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

If this is true then expect Hankenstein and Cashman to be dancing down Broadway...this will allow them out from underneath a terrible contract.

The title of this should read: MLB prepared to save the Yankees millions for life!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

If this is true then expect Hankenstein and Cashman to be dancing down Broadway...this will allow them out from underneath a terrible contract.

The title of this should read: MLB prepared to save the Yankees millions for life!

buck is right 2 B upset

this is looking like a pretty good break for nyy

just a question of how good

BALTIMORE - The longer Alex Rodriguez could be suspended, the more it could help the New York Yankees. And that infuriates Baltimore Orioles manager Buck Showalter.

Forget the money and drugs — it's competitive imbalance that has Showalter steamed.

Showalter, who managed Rodriguez on the Texas Rangers, says he has no interest in discussing the suspension possibilities surrounding the Yankees third baseman but is taking aim at how New York could benefit.

Getting Rodriguez's $25 million salary off their 2014 books would effectively reset a Yankees payroll projected to exceed a $189 million luxury tax threshold the club hoped to slip under. And if they're freed from the $86 million owed Rodriguez from 2014 to '17? Showalter fears Commissioner Bud Selig's zeal to ban Rodriguez might turn the Yankees into free agent predators again.

"If Bud lets them get away with that, they're under the luxury tax," Showalter told USA TODAY Sports. "If they can reset, they can spend again and I guarantee you in two years Matt Wieters is in New York."

Wieters, the Orioles catcher, would be eligible for free agency after the 2015 season, though it's likely the Orioles would attempt to sign the 27-year-old to an extension in the meantime.

But a Yankees ledger freed of any A-Rod commitments would alter the market for many players.

the full read

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I hope not, helps the Yanks big time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

buck is right 2 B upset

BALTIMORE - The longer Alex Rodriguez could be suspended, the more it could help the New York Yankees. And that infuriates Baltimore Orioles manager Buck Showalter.

Forget the money and drugs — it's competitive imbalance that has Showalter steamed.

Showalter, who managed Rodriguez on the Texas Rangers, says he has no interest in discussing the suspension possibilities surrounding the Yankees third baseman but is taking aim at how New York could benefit.

Getting Rodriguez's $25 million salary off their 2014 books would effectively reset a Yankees payroll projected to exceed a $189 million luxury tax threshold the club hoped to slip under. And if they're freed from the $86 million owed Rodriguez from 2014 to '17? Showalter fears Commissioner Bud Selig's zeal to ban Rodriguez might turn the Yankees into free agent predators again.

"If Bud lets them get away with that, they're under the luxury tax," Showalter told USA TODAY Sports. "If they can reset, they can spend again and I guarantee you in two years Matt Wieters is in New York."

Wieters, the Orioles catcher, would be eligible for free agency after the 2015 season, though it's likely the Orioles would attempt to sign the 27-year-old to an extension in the meantime.

But a Yankees ledger freed of any A-Rod commitments would alter the market for many players.

the full read

I am interested to see if Arod has any game left in him.

If NY can get out from under his contract it would at the very least enable them to keep Cano away from the Dodgers.

My gut tells me he accepts the suspension and returns to NY.

Sorry Zac.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

I hope not, helps the Yanks big time.

I agree.  I imagine that A-Rod will except the suspension.  If he is banned for life, this really helps the Yankees. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I stand by my comments made a few weeks back before this blew up that you will never see Arod in pinstripes again.

Even if he negotiates down from a life time suspension it will be likely be at least 200 games that means all this season and all of next.

Then in 2015 the Yankees will come to an agreement of sorts a pay out to get rid of him.

Let's not forget that it has been revealed that he has not only lied all these years about his own involvement to the Yankees and the fans but has also acted as a medium for Tony Bosch introducing some of the younger players on the Yankees to PEDS.

let's not forget the attempted payout in trying to obstruct the investigation and other information that they have about his earlier involvement with Tony Galea.

If he goes the Pete Rose route and denies rather than accepts he will get the life time, he is in a box, Selig is dictating the terms, Arod has nothing to bargain unless of course he gives other names.

Furthermore there are signs the MPBPA wants these guys punished as some of the members/players are speaking out publicly, this was unheard a few years back when there was a code of silence. The clean players want the game fixed as much as the fans do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

[QUOTE]

buck is right 2 B upset

the full read

[/QUOTE]

Lately, I hate the O's so much.  So I do hope that Wieters leaves for the Yankees or even the Red Sox (anything can happen after the 2015 season).   LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

If NY can get out from under his contract it would at the very least enable them to keep Cano away from the Dodgers.

My gut tells me he accepts the suspension and returns to NY.

Sorry Zac.

greetings HH

either way it should help coupon hal reach his 189 goal next yr

only a question if it's for  1 yr  or 2

CT Chris ask an interesting question yesterday

could arod play overseas to keep in game shape

while serving his suspension

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

this will turn into a MLB vs Union war if they go for lifetime ban.  that |)-bag olney has a good article about this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2013/07/31/alex-rodriguez-suspended-lifetime-suspension-biogenesis/2606319/

Commissioner Bud Selig is prepared to levy a lifetime suspension on New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, while suspending about eight others before the weekend, two people with knowledge of the negotiations told USA TODAY Sports.

The people were unauthorized to speak publicly because no announcement is expected until Thursday or Friday.

Don't see it happening. But, if it did, it couldn't happen to a "nicer" guy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

this will turn into a MLB vs Union war if they go for lifetime ban.  that |)-bag olney has a good article about this.

Definitely agree with you.  I just don't see it happening. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

If MLB bans A-Rod for life, they are bailing out the Yankees.  The Yankees who had ties to half the players involved in the Biogenesis scandal, as well as half the players in the Mitchell Report.  The Yankees who looked the other way when discovering Bartolo Colon's experimental Dominican stem cell procedure (which normally involves HGH).  The Yankees who have won four division titles in the past decade by fewer games than A-Rod's WAR.  The Yankees who thought it was a good idea to pay a 41-year-old player $30M in the first place.

Is A-Rod really more guilty than the Yankee organization here?  Can you suspend one for life, and reward the other with $100M?  And will the rest of the owners throughout the league really stand by and watch MLB hand the Yankees $100M without any blowback?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

If MLB bans A-Rod for life, they are bailing out the Yankees.  The Yankees who had ties to half the players involved in the Biogenesis scandal, as well as half the players in the Mitchell Report.  The Yankees who looked the other way when discovering Bartolo Colon's experimental Dominican stem cell procedure (which normally involves HGH).  The Yankees who have won four division titles in the past decade by fewer games than A-Rod's WAR.  The Yankees who thought it was a good idea to pay a 41-year-old player $30M in the first place.

Is A-Rod really more guilty than the Yankee organization here?  Can you suspend one for life, and reward the other with $100M?  And will the rest of the owners throughout the league really stand by and watch MLB hand the Yankees $100M without any blowback?

Exactly..............Yankees shouldn't be able to get a "get out of jail free" pass on A-rods contract.......While the evidence is weak....they knew his history when they resigned him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

No more then the Red Sox looked the way with Manny the entire time he was in Boston.

Papi and Manny fail the 2003 MLB administered drug test in 2004 the Sox 3 and 4 hitters on that team led the Sox to the first WS championship in 86 years.

And you are still pushing this holier than thou bs about the Yankees..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

just a thought...

• ban arod for life
    • have yankees donate $100MM (or whatever the remaining arod salary would have been) to anti-doping awareness for kids

Sections
Shortcuts