MLB prepared to ban Arod for life

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: MLB prepared to ban Arod for life

It appears that Selig is going after Arod's character, his behavior with what was originally just his personal PED issues.

Not only did he introduce 4 young players to Bosch and PEDS in Montero, Cervelli, Melky and the kid from San Diego, but he encouraged Cashman and the Yankees to re-sign Melky before the 2012 season saying he was in great shape and would have a great year, which he did but then Melky failed the MLB PED test.

Arod also would seem to have introduce Colon to Bosch when Colon was with the Yankees.

You have to wonder what any of the younger guys like Cervelli have told MLB. Cervelli at this point has little to lose by spilling the beans much more to gain. His career is in jeopardy.

I'll bet that the MLBPA stays away from Arod he's stinking up the place.

What does it tell you when guys like Braun accept the suspension after hearing what they have? He had lawyers too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

just a thought...

• ban arod for life
    • have yankees donate $100MM (or whatever the remaining arod salary would have been) to anti-doping awareness for kids

How noble of you.

How about holding Alex Rodriquez responsible for the choices he made in his life .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

just a thought...

• ban arod for life
    • have yankees donate $100MM (or whatever the remaining arod salary would have been) to anti-doping awareness for kids

How noble of you.

How about holding Alex Rodriquez responsible for the choices he made in his life .

ummmm....that's the "banning for life" part.  and the loss of $100MM in salary.  that sort of holds him responsible.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Papi and Manny fail the 2003 MLB administered drug test in 2004 the Sox 3 and 4 hitters on that team led the Sox to the first WS championship in 86 years.

according to the NEW YORK Times.  that is the only media outlet that "leaked" those 2 names....

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Exactly..............Yankees shouldn't be able to get a "get out of jail free" pass on A-rods contract.......While the evidence is weak....they knew his history when they resigned him.

what history ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Not that I would know personally, but this like your ex wife, who you once loved, but now is doing nothing for you and giving you problems ,  while you are paying her a fortune in alimony. If she gets in trouble with the law and goes to prison, the alimony payment stops. It would cause you to celebrate. I imagine that is the feeling with the Yankees. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

I am interested to see if Arod has any game left in him.

If NY can get out from under his contract it would at the very least enable them to keep Cano away from the Dodgers.

My gut tells me he accepts the suspension and returns to NY.

Sorry Zac.

greetings HH

either way it should help coupon hal reach his 189 goal next yr

only a question if it's for  1 yr  or 2

I am interested to see if Arod has any game left in him.

CT Chris ask an interesting question yesterday

could arod play overseas to keep in game shape

while serving his suspension

Hi Zac,

Enjoying the summer I hope.

My guess this year and all of next.

Those that think Arod will accept a buyout in 2015 should consider he doesn't have to and the fact Arod isn't happy that the Yanks turned on him.

If that's what he gets for punishment I don't think he will play overseas or even try to stay in game shape. See him reporting to the yanks ST in 2015 looking for his paycheck.

At least coupon clipping Hal will have a fatter wallet for one year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Oh the irony – when Texas calls up Manny after Cruz is suspended

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

If MLB bans A-Rod for life, they are bailing out the Yankees.  The Yankees who had ties to half the players involved in the Biogenesis scandal, as well as half the players in the Mitchell Report.  The Yankees who looked the other way when discovering Bartolo Colon's experimental Dominican stem cell procedure (which normally involves HGH).  The Yankees who have won four division titles in the past decade by fewer games than A-Rod's WAR.  The Yankees who thought it was a good idea to pay a 41-year-old player $30M in the first place.

Is A-Rod really more guilty than the Yankee organization here?  Can you suspend one for life, and reward the other with $100M?  And will the rest of the owners throughout the league really stand by and watch MLB hand the Yankees $100M without any blowback?

No more then the Red Sox looked the way with Manny the entire time he was in Boston.

Papi and Manny fail the 2003 MLB administered drug test in 2004 the Sox 3 and 4 hitters on that team led the Sox to the first WS championship in 86 years.

And you are still pushing this holier than thou bs about the Yankees..

When exactly did Manny disappear to the Dominican Republic for a secret HGH experiment?  You don't think the Red Sox would have voided Manny's contract, given the chance?  He was placed on irrevocable waivers in 2003.

Papi must have taken a ton of steroids in 2003, because ten years later he's still one of the best hitters in baseball.  But not a word linking him to biogenesis - that's weird!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

If MLB bans A-Rod for life, they are bailing out the Yankees.  The Yankees who had ties to half the players involved in the Biogenesis scandal, as well as half the players in the Mitchell Report.  The Yankees who looked the other way when discovering Bartolo Colon's experimental Dominican stem cell procedure (which normally involves HGH).  The Yankees who have won four division titles in the past decade by fewer games than A-Rod's WAR.  The Yankees who thought it was a good idea to pay a 41-year-old player $30M in the first place.

Is A-Rod really more guilty than the Yankee organization here?  Can you suspend one for life, and reward the other with $100M?  And will the rest of the owners throughout the league really stand by and watch MLB hand the Yankees $100M without any blowback?

No more then the Red Sox looked the way with Manny the entire time he was in Boston.

And you are still pushing this holier than thou bs about the Yankees..

When exactly did Manny disappear to the Dominican Republic for a secret HGH experiment?  You don't think the Red Sox would have voided Manny's contract, given the chance?  He was placed on irrevocable waivers in 2003.

Papi must have taken a ton of steroids in 2003, because ten years later he's still one of the best hitters in baseball.  But not a word linking him to biogenesis - that's weird!

Who knew about balco until the story broke? Same is true of Biogenesis.

Do you honestly beleive those are the only two labs in existence? How about outside the USA like in the DR where there is far less scrutiny and regulation?

I have suspicions about a few players in the game today but without proof it's not fair to accuse like you do anyway. I tend to focus on those who have a history.

What is quite telling are the amount of folks who have been implicated with biogenesis who have not yet failed an MLB administered test.

What does that tell you?

Faye Vincent has stated within the past few days that the MLB drug program has failed miserably, who am I to disagree? I'm sure he knows a lot more than we do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

@DanOrlandoNYBJ: Alex Rodriguez reportedly told: accept suspension until 2015 or face lifetime ban (Video) http://t.co/gb0QeLxoqO via @NYBizJournal

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

No doubt the Yankees front office is praying that he gets the lifetime suspension. Think of what it will save them!

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

And money!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

If this is true then expect Hankenstein and Cashman to be dancing down Broadway...this will allow them out from underneath a terrible contract.

The title of this should read: MLB prepared to save the Yankees millions for life!

Yup!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

If this is true then expect Hankenstein and Cashman to be dancing down Broadway...this will allow them out from underneath a terrible contract.

The title of this should read: MLB prepared to save the Yankees millions for life!

buck is right 2 B upset

this is looking like a pretty good break for nyy

just a question of how good

BALTIMORE - The longer Alex Rodriguez could be suspended, the more it could help the New York Yankees. And that infuriates Baltimore Orioles manager Buck Showalter.

Forget the money and drugs — it's competitive imbalance that has Showalter steamed.

Showalter, who managed Rodriguez on the Texas Rangers, says he has no interest in discussing the suspension possibilities surrounding the Yankees third baseman but is taking aim at how New York could benefit.

Getting Rodriguez's $25 million salary off their 2014 books would effectively reset a Yankees payroll projected to exceed a $189 million luxury tax threshold the club hoped to slip under. And if they're freed from the $86 million owed Rodriguez from 2014 to '17? Showalter fears Commissioner Bud Selig's zeal to ban Rodriguez might turn the Yankees into free agent predators again.

"If Bud lets them get away with that, they're under the luxury tax," Showalter told USA TODAY Sports. "If they can reset, they can spend again and I guarantee you in two years Matt Wieters is in New York."

Wieters, the Orioles catcher, would be eligible for free agency after the 2015 season, though it's likely the Orioles would attempt to sign the 27-year-old to an extension in the meantime.

But a Yankees ledger freed of any A-Rod commitments would alter the market for many players.

the full read

Lately, I hate the O's so much.  So I do hope that Wieters leaves for the Yankees or even the Red Sox (anything can happen after the 2015 season).   LOL

I watch the sox at camden yards,  I haven't liked the o's for years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No doubt the Yankees front office is praying that he gets the lifetime suspension. Think of what it will save them!

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

And money!

[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised if he doesn't take the deal being offered which allows him to come away with a lot of money.

I don't think he'll ever play again for the Yankees but they will have to pay out after 2015 if the suspension ends then.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Comcast sports is reporting talks have stalled, AROD left the Yankee training facility in Tampa, said he will play in 2 rehab games and expects to rejoin the NYY. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Late last night:

• Latest reports suggest most of the remaining Biogenesis suspensions will be announced tomorrow, though Rodriguez’s fate might wait a few days while the exact punishment — and whether it’s appealed — is sorted out. As you’re well aware, Francisco Cervelli is among the players who could be hit with a 50-game suspension. So is former Yankees prospect Jesus Montero

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Just a hunch, but ARod suspension negotiations shall drag out, and he'll end up doing something around 100-150 games. Pathetic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Exactly..............Yankees shouldn't be able to get a "get out of jail free" pass on A-rods contract.......While the evidence is weak....they knew his history when they resigned him.

what history ?

"what history ?"

You know you asked a good question when no answer is forthcoming.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

This is interesting:

Even if Alex Rodriguez is banned for life, the Rangers still owe him more than $40 million

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=260998

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

This witch hunt is ridiculous, MLB is a fraud organization. I also can`t stand all these social media yahoots trying the ban Arod for life. It seems that society wont be happy until the man offs himself.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

@DickieV

Coulda - shoulda -woulda been the BEST PLAYER ever - did not NEED any of that stuff -AROD =why #TRAGIC

Terry Dobbins @ScenesOfMadness

Alex Rodriguez should be banned from baseball and never be allowed in the hall of fame. You got caught not once but twice. #cheater #roids

KFC @KFCBarstool

Alex Rodriguez - the worst cheater in the history of sports #Yankees