MLB probes Sox waiver leaks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

MLB probes Sox waiver leaks

Major League Baseball is investigating leaks of information about Red Sox players being placed on the waiver wire, according to this report from Rob Bradford at WEEI:

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21226761/mlb-investigating-sox-waiver-wire-leaks

I wonder what "industry source" leaked information about the reported investigation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: MLB probes Sox waiver leaks

as i was just putting gas in my tank and could only afford to fill it halfway, i was agonizing over this very question....mortgage payment? nahhh....kid's college loan? nahhh...."leaks" in MLB waiver process...yes!!!!! now that means something....

honestly can baseball get over itself already?

the american people, and that includes baseball fans of all stripes, dont care.....how about MLB investigating the costs of taking a family of four to one game????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

as i was just putting gas in my tank and could only afford to fill it halfway, i was agonizing over this very question....mortgage payment? nahhh....kid's college loan? nahhh...."leaks" in MLB waiver process...yes!!!!! now that means something....

honestly can baseball get over itself already?

the american people, and that includes baseball fans of all stripes, dont care.....how about MLB investigating the costs of taking a family of four to one game????

In my life, maybe the nature of my hamburger ranks 100th.  But if I ordered the hamburger medium rare, that doesn't mean it should be grey.  And my son's physics score means more than his shirt, but I'm going to make sure he looks neat tomorrow morning.

In short, BB is not as important as your mortgage, but if the information shouldn't be leaked, it shouldn't be leaked.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The RS should make a statement and fire the leaker.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

WHY IS THIS A SECRET? Leaks are always present in any organization...even national security concerns...baseballs waiver wire is always filled with info/speculation...someone needs to justify their red tape job Im guessing...

once again how does this impact the game?????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

The RS should make a statement and fire the leaker.

why would someone leak it ?

my 1st 2 thoughts were

1) to keep the sox in the news

2)to irritate the players

I'LL GO WITH #2, ZAC. SOX NEED TO BE KEEP OUT OF THE NEWS;))

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

WHY IS THIS A SECRET? Leaks are always present in any organization...even national security concerns...baseballs waiver wire is always filled with info/speculation...someone needs to justify their red tape job Im guessing...

once again how does this impact the game?????

It is really simple.  Lots of teams put guys on waivers.  But they don't want to let the players know so that the players won't be distracted.  Maybe the NYY put Gardner on waivers, but don't want him to think he isn't wanted.

Or maybe ARod or Tex were put on waivers.

So maybe BA, wanting to create a distraction, leaks this to the press, and now the news in the clubhouse is no longer about the pennant race, but about the WW.

Or, if that isn't enough, how about if the rule says you don't disclose the names, you don't disclose the names.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

my 1st 2 thoughts were 

1) to keep the sox in the news 

2)to irritate the players

I'll give a 3rd.  And the one that I give you will cause Geo to demand an execution of the leaker.

3) Suppose someone wanted to tweak the RS FO?  Maybe they hold a grudge against LL.

Seriously, while I think Valentine is probably #1, maybe Theo wants to make life miserable for LL, or maybe Cashman would prefer that the RS stay burdened with salary rather than get their allowance back.  Could be lots of things.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

4th Maybe it is the same person who has been leaking all the clubhouse information??????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Valentine probably let the info out to help take all the pressure off him.

Or, maybe he let the info out to draw even more attention to himself?

Hard man to figure, but if he had been fired in early July to possibly give the team a chance to at least be respectable this year he would not have been around during the "waiver wire" season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Maybe it was Obama?
    He loves to give out classified information to his Hollywood buddies.
    Maybe he wanted them to know who was available to the Dodgers?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I don't see what the big deal is...baseball is a business and the players are nothing more than the product.  The WW is when the owners are in the driver's seat (except for veteran players who have to approve a trade) and FA is when the players are in charge.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

bump off the idiot

Sections
Shortcuts