MLB suspends Ortiz, Gregg, M Gonzalez and Showalter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: MLB suspends Ortiz, Gregg, M Gonzalez and Showalter

In Response to Re: MLB suspends Ortiz, Gregg, M Gonzalez and Showalter:
    In Response to Re: MLB suspends Ortiz, Gregg, M Gonzalez and Showalter : I guess the fact that the ump immediately ejected Gregg when he yelled at Papi was totally lost on the decision makers. If Papi got 4, Gregg should have received 8 that's right he got ejected for talking  , after both had received warnings  after ortiz's pouting caused both benches to empty IMO ortiz should of been tossed then ortiz then got ejected for charging the mound I figure that deserves the extra day talking vs charging the mound....... hmmm  
    Posted by pinstripezac32

Trying to hit a batter intentionally, then baiting him. hmmm.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Maybe the reason Gregg didn't get more was he was so pathetic at trying to hit Papi he finally only got Papi's goat by using his can't miss blunderbuss ... (his mouth).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Maybe the reason Gregg didn't get more was he was so pathetic at trying to hit Papi he finally only got Papi's goat by using his can't miss blunderbuss ... (his mouth).
    Posted by SinceYaz

It's not like Papi's Eddie Gaedel.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

talking vs charging the mound....... hmmm
    Posted by pinstripezac32

Trying to hit a batter intentionally, then baiting him. hmmm. 
      Posted by   harness

nope I don't believe he was trying to hit ortiz

besides he got a warning for that

and then ejected / punished for trash talking

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Just an episode of mammoth stupidity I'd like to see put behind us as quickly as possible.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Gregg came off the mound and walked towards Ortiz while Ortiz was going to first base.  Did some of you (ahem) even watch what happened?  Talking to another player is not going to get you thrown.  Being aggressive and moving towards them, off the mound, and then proceding to yell and gesture at them will.  

Gregg is an idiot.  He was in Fenway, throwing and yelling at our home town hero.  Three pitches inside at Ortiz, but he wasn't throwing at him.  Really!?!?!?!?   Ortiz had crushed a home run earlier, it doesn't take much to piece that puzzle together. 

Buck-boy is a suckless manager, he brought this on.   He is a bad example, a loud mouth who's team will get him fired sooner than later.   Baltimore is a bigger city than Boston, what's their excuse for not drawing fans?    The only time they fill the stands is when the Yanks or Sox are in town.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

This is total garbage. Gregg should get suspended for how ever many starts he would miss in the O's rotation. Ortiz didn't instigate the incident and at most should get a game, maybe two suspension.
    Posted by Hetchinspete

He will miss games hetch..Hes in the BP, so he wont be available.and hes a closer

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: MLB suspends Ortiz, Gregg, M Gonzalez and Showalter : I guess the fact that the ump immediately ejected Gregg when he yelled at Papi was totally lost on the decision makers. If Papi got 4, Gregg should have received 8 that's right he got ejected for talking  , after both had received warnings  after ortiz's pouting caused both benches to empty IMO ortiz should of been tossed then ortiz then got ejected for charging the mound I figure that deserves the extra day talking vs charging the mound....... hmmm  
    Posted by pinstripezac32

Were u watching the same game Zac? Obviously he was throwing at him..You bring a closer, which Gregg has been his whole career, in a mop up situation in the 8th inning? Oh, and he just happens to be your biggest guy in the pen..This smelled from the start and it was good ol' Buckys payback mentality..Just like with Gonzalez on Sunday. If Gregg didnt walk toward papi after the pop out and start chirping , this would have been over..He had his chance to hit him, and due to the fact hes a mediocre closer at best, he couldnt get the job done.
    Bottom line, I think papi has to get a few games for charging the mound and the fines are fair to both sides..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALittleBitSouth. Show ALittleBitSouth's posts

Others have raised the same point over the unfairness of 4-game suspensions for Ortiz and ditto for Gregg. They are absolutely correct. Ortiz plays most every day (87 games to date) while Gregg has totaled 38 games. So Gregg sits while Ortiz performs. If he misses 4 games so what; he'd be sitting down anyway, Four games lost to Ortiz, and the Sox, on the other hand, could be, if not disastrous, costly. That the MLB can't see the disparity between the two situations is not too surprising. This is the dictatorial Master of Baseball where transparency does not exist, and very few asks questions, or receive answers. Do we need a Freedom of Information edict?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Were u watching the same game Zac?

yup

Obviously he was throwing at him..

not to me, or the umpire

he never got a warning till after ortiz made his 1st move

You bring a closer, which Gregg has been his whole career, in a mop up situation in the 8th inning? Oh, and he just happens to be your biggest guy in the pen..This smelled from the start and it was good ol' Buckys payback mentality..Just like with Gonzalez on Sunday.

I don't deny gregg was brought in to mess with ortiz

I just don't believe he was trying to hit him

Bottom line, I think papi has to get a few games for charging the mound and the fines are fair to both sides..     

fair enough southpaw777

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

the big pop off should have been suspended longer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Clearly this was a case of roid rage on the part of Ortiz and he should be suspended far longer than he got.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Both Ortiz and Gregg should get their suspensions reduced to 1 game. Neither one connected on any punches. Just goes to show that they should stick with baseball and not boxing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

it's really a tough call ya know? it's too bad that papi wasn't able to keep his emotions in check and just laugh all the way down to 1st. the bluedude threw gregg out as soon as he said word one to papi but papi didn't see I think. it was a bang bang situation. gregg points to papi and yells at him to run the bases and gets thrown out but I honestly don't think that papi knew it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gjsox. Show gjsox's posts

Ortiz deserves the suspension just on the fact that he styles when he hits. If you're gonna do that then expect to get it inside and if it hits you "YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN"...then take your base.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

talking vs charging the mound....... hmmm Posted by pinstripezac32 Trying to hit a batter intentionally, then baiting him. hmmm.    Posted by    harness nope I don't believe he was trying to hit ortiz besides he got a warning for that and then ejected / punished for trash talking                
    Posted by pinstripezac32

I don't believe in the advent of cyberspace.
    Where am I? Who are you? How did I get here?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

If MLB really wanted to punish Gregg,they could make him sign a 2 year extension with Baltimore.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from baltimorefan. Show baltimorefan's posts

Ravens vs Pats tonight.lol

Sections
Shortcuts