1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: MLB to begin testing for HGH this season

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JBay a while back WFAN said no one is beyond reproach anymore, No one and that includes those famous Yankees as well.

presponse to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did Jones really "resurrect his career" in NY? If anything, he was juicing his last several seasons in Atlanta, and it ruined him.

[/QUOTE]

He did really well with them last year. Boy no one wants to ever hear about the Golden Boy Jeter possibly using HGH. Can anyone say beyond a reasonable doubt that he does not use PEDs? Brian Naulty named him him then rescinded the comment. The Yankees will never let anything damaging about Jeter get out and he is very well insulated. If his stats drop drastically this year people will smell a rat and he is in the final year of a contract as well.

[/QUOTE]

I guess you think hitting .190-ish is well; the likely problem is those 2 bombs he hit vs the RS last yr is tatooed in your memory.

As far as Jeter is concerned, he's a yr older, and had a serious injury in the PS. So maybe if he declines from that terrific season, it could be due to that.

Having said that, nobody is beyond reproach; but your obssession with these Yankee legends who are most likely clean is comical. BTW, what about Nomar, Lowell & Ortiz? 

[/QUOTE]

What about them??

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Regarding reproach, I said the same exact thing a couple of posts up. As far as Lowell is concerned, he was a slugger  in a pitcher's park (Fla), then his build was much smaller on the RS, and actually hit 8 HRs a couple of yrs after that; then he developed a severe hip problem, which ended his career. My DAD back in the '80s had to take a powerful steroid long term for a muscle disease he had, which caused necrosis of the hip, a terribly painful & debilitating condition. Also, see ARod.

AS far as Nomar is concerned, he was the first suspect named on the "unconfirmed" 2003  list of PED users; see below

http://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/Unconfirmed_list_of_2003_PED_users/758032

And Kim, you talking about keeping it real is like a pedophile priest lecturing morals To Pope John Paul II.

[/QUOTE]

And throw in a little Catholic bashing for good measure.

Couldn't make an analogy about a pedophile Rabbi?

There are enough of them out there.

[/QUOTE]

That wan't the intent. If you want to use Rabbi's instead in my analogy, fell free to do so. However, I don't recall any press/ruckus about them, so it wasn't omnipresent on my mind.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

JBay a while back WFAN said no one is beyond reproach anymore, No one and that includes those famous Yankees as well.

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Did Jones really "resurrect his career" in NY? If anything, he was juicing his last several seasons in Atlanta, and it ruined him.

[/QUOTE]

He did really well with them last year. Boy no one wants to ever hear about the Golden Boy Jeter possibly using HGH. Can anyone say beyond a reasonable doubt that he does not use PEDs? Brian Naulty named him him then rescinded the comment. The Yankees will never let anything damaging about Jeter get out and he is very well insulated. If his stats drop drastically this year people will smell a rat and he is in the final year of a contract as well.

[/QUOTE]

I guess you think hitting .190-ish is well; the likely problem is those 2 bombs he hit vs the RS last yr is tatooed in your memory.

As far as Jeter is concerned, he's a yr older, and had a serious injury in the PS. So maybe if he declines from that terrific season, it could be due to that.

Having said that, nobody is beyond reproach; but your obssession with these Yankee legends who are most likely clean is comical. BTW, what about Nomar, Lowell & Ortiz? 

[/QUOTE]

What about them??

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Regarding reproach, I said the same exact thing a couple of posts up. As far as Lowell is concerned, he was a slugger  in a pitcher's park (Fla), then his build was much smaller on the RS, and actually hit 8 HRs a couple of yrs after that; then he developed a severe hip problem, which ended his career. My DAD back in the '80s had to take a powerful steroid long term for a muscle disease he had, which caused necrosis of the hip, a terribly painful & debilitating condition. Also, see ARod.

AS far as Nomar is concerned, he was the first suspect named on the "unconfirmed" 2003  list of PED users; see below

http://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/Unconfirmed_list_of_2003_PED_users/758032

And Kim, you talking about keeping it real is like a pedophile priest lecturing morals To Pope John Paul II.

[/QUOTE]

Which is my point, Steven. Everyone is suspect nor beyond reproach, list or not. Unless or until a player is a proven user, these PED accusations, between Sox and Yankee fans, are no more than playground tactics, kicking sand in the other's face. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but I didn't start this. And yes, I could have decided not to respond to the gibberish.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey NH,

Fact of the matter is that most of the players by the end of the last century dabbled in, used or abused steriods to differing level and continued to into the new millinium. I've always been of the mind that the actual percentage of players that fell into the above catergory was close to 90%. If we look back at the timeline for the implementation of the new, more stringent testing, it was not until they changed the program in 2007 that any real in-roads were made in curbing the use of steriods. They also placed a greater emphisis on elimanting the drug of choice that was prevelent in the game since the early 40's; greenies.

My guess is that once the new policy was implemented that many of the abusers simpy turned to HGH as their primary tonic. Some like Manny simply kept on using what worked before and got busted. While most of the others, awaited a new stain of steriods and masking agents that were specifically designed to help them to pass the urine tests and the cycle begins anew. So regardless of the team one roots for and the players they see as icons or they're favorites. No team or player is above repproach and that's perhaps the saddest part of this entire ordeal.

Lets look at a couple of players who's numbers took a sharp turn downward after 2007 and then miraculously have spiked again a few years later (Ortiz?)...While some have fallen off the map entirely (Beckett). Circumstancial perhaps, but it is curious that in 2007 Beckett's top end velocity was 95 to 96 and by the end of 2008 he was throwing in the low 90's and has never regained the abiltiy to consistently exceed 92 MPH since. It's not like he was an old man and injury's are part of the explanation. I am sure that if we look back at the average fastball velocity of all ML pitchers and graphed them by year from 1980 to the present. My guess is that we'd see a rise throughout what today is considered the steriod era and downward arc since the new testing and again an increase once the new tonics had the chance to take affect...

[/QUOTE]

Very well put.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

It was in a sports illustrated last July.

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Link please.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I googled this and got nothing; not surprised either

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What about them??

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That wan't the intent. If you want to use Rabbi's instead in my analogy, fell free to do so. However, I don't recall any press/ruckus about them, so it wasn't omnipresent on my mind.

[/QUOTE]

Let me refresh your memory.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/12/nyregion/rabbi-nuchem-rosenberg-doused-maybe-with-bleach-in-williamsburg.html?_r=0

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What about them??

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let me refresh your memory.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/12/nyregion/rabbi-nuchem-rosenberg-doused-maybe-with-bleach-in-williamsburg.html?_r=0

[/QUOTE]

You weren't refreshing my memory. First time I ever heard about this. Now I'm up to date.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What about them??

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can add Youkilis to that list too (hip?)...While I get that it's fun to make accusations and throw players from the opposing teams into the fire...Manny and Ortiz both were outed and the list of Yankees is too long to list. So neither fan base can or should try to paint one or the others as any better or worse than the club they call thier own.

The use of Perfromance Enhancing Drug(S), better know by it's alias "sports medicine" has been at play in every sport since before WWII...Steriods, blood doping, HGH and gentic altering drugs all have gained traction since the East Germans and the Soviet Union used them to create the perfect body types, fining tuning the training and perforomace levels specific to each disipline, while dominating the Olympics in almost every catergory well into the the 1980's to use as propaganda in an attempt to show to the people and the the world at large that marksicism and the displines of that society, trumped socialisism or democracy.

Thus my advice to all is get over it and leave the clean-up to the league and just enjoy watching the game. Today the game appears to be headed towards cleaning itself up...the reality is that until they fix the pervasive culture that drives athletes and trainers to look for an edge. Heckle will always be one step in front of Jeckle...

[/QUOTE]

Sooooooooo Yankee players names were too long to list, and so you decided to just add Youkilis, Manny and Ortiz to the conversation. I kinda wish the Sox players were too long to list since that appears to mean no Sox players would be listed. You know, on a Sox board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What about them??

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Which is my point, Steven. Everyone is suspect nor beyond reproach, list or not. Unless or until a player is a proven user, these PED accusations between Sox and Yankee fans, are no more than playground tactics, kicking sand in the other's face. 

[/QUOTE]

Let me explain this to you since you seem to be most in need of an explanation. Sox fans talking about Yankee players on a Sox board is one thing, Yankee players talking about Sox players on a Sox board is quite another. I realize you view this as the same because you view this as a dual board, but it isn't. Doesn't matter what you believe it to be, it isn't. Insulting Yankee players on a Sox board goes with the territory. It's incredibly insulting to go to another team's board and slam their players there.

I don't believe any Sox fan on this board goes to a Yankee board to slam Yankee players. I'm not sure why you don't wonder why Yankee fans do that here, no matter the topic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

HGH bloodtests?

Expect Ryan Braun to dramatically drop off this year

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

For those interested, anabolic steroids(testosterone etc.) are TOTALLY different than corticosteroids(prednisone etc.)....different use, different pharmacological and metabolic effect.

Comparing one to the other is like apples and oranges.

I'm curious about the seriousness, or lack, of MLB testing of amphetamines.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For those interested, anabolic steroids(testosterone etc.) are TOTALLY different than corticosteroids(prednisone etc.)....different use, different pharmacological and metabolic effect.

Comparing one to the other is like apples and oranges.

I'm curious about the seriousness, or lack, of MLB testing of amphetamines.

[/QUOTE]

I am as well. And your post make me wonder even more.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Still don't get why this testing is going to be done out of the country. There's no way that's an accident. It's kinda like Colon's surgery out of the country. What can we possibly really know about that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Rivera and Jeter will always have my respect.

If all players were like them, MLB would be better off.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't believe Rivera or Jeter are using anything. I really don't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you guys need to knock that kind of talk off

B4 some jerk brings up pedrioas brother

[/QUOTE]

What does that mean, since you're the jerk who brough it up? I honestly don't know what your'e talking about.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What does that mean, since you're the jerk who brough it up? I honestly don't know what your'e talking about.

[/QUOTE] Kim, i attempted to answer your question, but the post was removed....due to the content i guess(apologies to the mods)...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTChris. Show CTChris's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Still don't get why this testing is going to be done out of the country. There's no way that's an accident. It's kinda like Colon's surgery out of the country. What can we possibly really know about that?

[/QUOTE]

The WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) is based in Montreal. That's where the testing will be done and that's the reason why it's "done out of the country". There is nothing more to it than that. The WADA also handles the Olympic athletes and is considered the World leader in this sort of thing.

http://www.wada-ama.org/

WADA's Headquarters

Stock Exchange Tower
    800 Place Victoria (Suite 1700)
    Montreal (Québec)  H4Z 1B7

"Under the new changes to baseball's drug agreement, the World Anti-Doping Agency laboratory in Laval, Quebec, will keep records of each player, including his baseline ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone, and will conduct Carbon Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry (IRMS) tests of any urine specimens that "vary materially".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jan/10/mlb-drugs-tests-bonds-clemens-hof

I suspect that the MLBPA & Selig's decision to let the WADA handle the testing has more to do with adding credibility to the program than it does anything else.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Maybe you are right, but none of these guys are beyond reproach, none of them. But if the stats drop drastically this year on some players, people are always going to wonder. Whenit comes to making money and getting good contracts, I think these guys will do anything or use anything to do it to help them including HGH and steroids. Brian Naulty was a relief pitcher who pitched for the Yankees in the late 90s and he said he used including a lot of big named Yankees. He also said Jeter then rescinded it.  Can you picture the embarrassment to MLB Baseball if Jeter was mentioned or Rivera. I do not think baseball would recover from it. Nothing shocks me anymore, nothing, and people do not continue to be dominant and get better with age. So we shall see what happens this year with the testing.

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

what is going on here?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:

Kim, i attempted to answer your question, but the post was removed....due to the content i guess(apologies to the mods)...

Thanks, Jete. Probably better it was removed. IMO Zac was throwing it in there pretending to not want it thrown in there. I think he has a thing with Pedroia, and that's why he includes him as babies in his pics, and even posted a video of his injury on the board multiple times.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to CTChris's comment:

The WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) is based in Montreal. That's where the testing will be done and that's the reason why it's "done out of the country". There is nothing more to it than that. The WADA also handles the Olympic athletes and is considered the World leader in this sort of thing.

http://www.wada-ama.org/

WADA's Headquarters

Stock Exchange Tower
    800 Place Victoria (Suite 1700)
    Montreal (Québec)  H4Z 1B7

"Under the new changes to baseball's drug agreement, the World Anti-Doping Agency laboratory in Laval, Quebec, will keep records of each player, including his baseline ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone, and will conduct Carbon Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry (IRMS) tests of any urine specimens that "vary materially".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jan/10/mlb-drugs-tests-bonds-clemens-hof

I suspect that the MLBPA & Selig's decision to let the WADA handle the testing has more to do with adding credibility to the program than it does anything else.

What is Canada's stand on steroids? I believe steroids are illegal in the US.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Maybe you are right, but none of these guys are beyond reproach, none of them. But if the stats drop drastically this year on some players, people are always going to wonder. Whenit comes to making money and getting good contracts, I think these guys will do anything or use anything to do it to help them including HGH and steroids. Brian Naulty was a relief pitcher who pitched for the Yankees in the late 90s and he said he used including a lot of big named Yankees. He also said Jeter then rescinded it.  Can you picture the embarrassment to MLB Baseball if Jeter was mentioned or Rivera. I do not think baseball would recover from it. Nothing shocks me anymore, nothing, and people do not continue to be dominant and get better with age. So we shall see what happens this year with the testing.

I never heard the story where anyone said that. I don't believe someone would throw names out there that werern't involved. It's really sad to think that, but I do believe the Yankees love their heroes and it's the foundation of their whole organization. So, yes, I do believe they would cover it up. And Selig might as well come out as a Yankee fan since everything he does seems to support that organization, along with his umpire staff.

But's it's where alot of money comes from, and there not going to jeopardize massive amounts of money that supposedly comes from the success of the Yankees. The saddest part is thinking about all those years when the Yankees ruled, and there was very little oversight as to what actually transpired during those games.

Btw, you are by far, the bravest poster on this board. By far. You may not be mentioned in some silly popularity contest, but you should be proud. You are something that will never be noted on this Yankee/Sox board. I truly enjoy your posts here.