MLB to begin testing for HGH this season

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: MLB to begin testing for HGH this season

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:

In response to AL34's comment:

Maybe you are right, but none of these guys are beyond reproach, none of them. But if the stats drop drastically this year on some players, people are always going to wonder. Whenit comes to making money and getting good contracts, I think these guys will do anything or use anything to do it to help them including HGH and steroids. Brian Naulty was a relief pitcher who pitched for the Yankees in the late 90s and he said he used including a lot of big named Yankees. He also said Jeter then rescinded it.  Can you picture the embarrassment to MLB Baseball if Jeter was mentioned or Rivera. I do not think baseball would recover from it. Nothing shocks me anymore, nothing, and people do not continue to be dominant and get better with age. So we shall see what happens this year with the testing.

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

Rivera and Jeter will always have my respect.

If all players were like them, MLB would be better off.

I don't believe Rivera or Jeter are using anything. I really don't.

I never heard the story where anyone said that. I don't believe someone would throw names out there that werern't involved. It's really sad to think that, but I do believe the Yankees love their heroes and it's the foundation of their whole organization. So, yes, I do believe they would cover it up. And Selig might as well come out as a Yankee fan since everything he does seems to support that organization, along with his umpire staff.

But's it's where alot of money comes from, and there not going to jeopardize massive amounts of money that supposedly comes from the success of the Yankees. The saddest part is thinking about all those years when the Yankees ruled, and there was very little oversight as to what actually transpired during those games.

Btw, you are by far, the bravest poster on this board. By far. You may not be mentioned in some silly popularity contest, but you should be proud. You are something that will never be noted on this Yankee/Sox board. I truly enjoy your posts here.

Yeah he should be proud for sliming one of the few players in the game who has put up decent numbers and played through the steroid era free of PEDs and only because he hates the team he plays for.

Real courageous post.Real stand up guy.

As courageous as me accusing Pedroia of being a user.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The pitchers name was Dan Naulty and he pitched in late 90s for Twins and Yankees. He was in the Sports Illustrated this past summer and he said he was a big steroid user and he named some big names in the article.

Maybe you are right, but none of these guys are beyond reproach, none of them. But if the stats drop drastically this year on some players, people are always going to wonder. Whenit comes to making money and getting good contracts, I think these guys will do anything or use anything to do it to help them including HGH and steroids. Brian Naulty was a relief pitcher who pitched for the Yankees in the late 90s and he said he used including a lot of big named Yankees. He also said Jeter then rescinded it.  Can you picture the embarrassment to MLB Baseball if Jeter was mentioned or Rivera. I do not think baseball would recover from it. Nothing shocks me anymore, nothing, and people do not continue to be dominant and get better with age. So we shall see what happens this year with the testing.

In response to ampoule's comment:

Rivera and Jeter will always have my respect.

If all players were like them, MLB would be better off.

I don't believe Rivera or Jeter are using anything. I really don't.

I never heard the story where anyone said that. I don't believe someone would throw names out there that werern't involved. It's really sad to think that, but I do believe the Yankees love their heroes and it's the foundation of their whole organization. So, yes, I do believe they would cover it up. And Selig might as well come out as a Yankee fan since everything he does seems to support that organization, along with his umpire staff.

But's it's where alot of money comes from, and there not going to jeopardize massive amounts of money that supposedly comes from the success of the Yankees. The saddest part is thinking about all those years when the Yankees ruled, and there was very little oversight as to what actually transpired during those games.

Btw, you are by far, the bravest poster on this board. By far. You may not be mentioned in some silly popularity contest, but you should be proud. You are something that will never be noted on this Yankee/Sox board. I truly enjoy your posts here.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

How about a credible link concerning Jeter.

After googling Naulty's name it comes up on all these nut ball discussions on back room blogs which have absolutely no credibility on the subject nor do you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Google Sports Illustrated last July and he is in the major article about steroids and baseball. Stop being so opinionated already and accept someone else' s opinion.

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

After googling Naulty's name it comes up on all these nut ball discussions on back room blogs which have absolutely no credibility on the subject nor do you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Google Sports Illustrated last July and he is in the major article about steroids and baseball. Stop being so opinionated already and accept someone else' s opinion.

Stop being so obssessed.

While nobody's beyond reproach, you continue to harp on one of the least likely players to be doing PEDs, to the point of hinging your partisan hopes on an uncredible source, while your moniker-sake was practically caught red handed, and had to hide like a coward behind the skirt of the MLBPA?

Too much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Stop being so obssessed.

While nobody's beyond reproach, you continue to harp on one of the least likely players to be doing PEDs, to the point of hinging your partisan hopes on an uncredible source, while your moniker-sake was practically caught red handed, and had to hide like a coward behind the skirt of the MLBPA?

Too much.

NH,

It's difficult for me to defend or take a definitive position pro or con on any current player or for that matter, those that have played in the last 20 years or so during the steriod ERA. While I do think that it's unfair to single out players that as of yet have never failed a test. I too agree that Jeter falls into the category of least likely. I thought the same of Ryan Franklin when he pitched with the Mariners...He of the 150 lb frame, who tested positive and was suspended. Given the pervasive use of and subsequent abuse of steriods by many in the game unfortunately for Jeter and many others. Today they are all judged as guilty, until proven innocent in the court of public opinion.

Yankee fans and Red Sox fans both can spend the better part of the next 100 years firing shots accross each others bows over which team had the most user and abusers on them. during their respective glory days. It's akin to the school yard arguments when one kid finally has reached the point where he no longer wants to engage in the debate and says...Yeah, but my dad can beat your dad. Not unlike the school yard debate, since both dads likely would never square off to settle once and for all thier sons disagreement...It's unlikely that Yankee fans and REd Sox fans alike will ever agree that the stain of the steriod ERA will never be washed away from the legesey's of either team...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

Stop being so obssessed.

Too much.

NH,

It's difficult for me to defend or take a definitive position pro or con on any current player or for that matter, those that have played in the last 20 years or so during the steriod ERA. While I do think that it's unfair to single out players that as of yet have never failed a test. I too agree that Jeter falls into the category of least likely. I thought the same of Ryan Franklin when he pitched with the Mariners...He of the 150 lb frame, who tested positive and was suspended. Given the pervasive use of and subsequent abuse of steriods by many in the game unfortunately for Jeter and many others. Today they are all judged as guilty, until proven innocent in the court of public opinion.

Yankee fans and Red Sox fans both can spend the better part of the next 100 years firing shots accross each others bows over which team had the most user and abusers on them. during their respective glory days. It's akin to the school yard arguments when one kid finally has reached the point where he no longer wants to engage in the debate and says...Yeah, but my dad can beat your dad. Not unlike the school yard debate, since both dads likely would never square off to settle once and for all thier sons disagreement...It's unlikely that Yankee fans and REd Sox fans alike will ever agree that the stain of the steriod ERA will never be washed away from the legesey's of either team...

Yes

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Let me explain this to you since you seem to be most in need of an explanation. Sox fans talking about Yankee players on a Sox board is one thing, Yankee players talking about Sox players on a Sox board is quite another. I realize you view this as the same because you view this as a dual board, but it isn't. Doesn't matter what you believe it to be, it isn't. Insulting Yankee players on a Sox board goes with the territory. It's incredibly insulting to go to another team's board and slam their players there."

Kim I don't agree with you often but I agree with you here. Yankee fans speculating on Sox juicers on a Sox board is classless, especially because there are plenty of Yankee juicers also. I don't agree with throwing a name like Jeter into the convo but if Yankee fans want to go there and name Sox players names then it's fair game. Because the baseball player's union has continually dropped the ball on this issue, no one's name is clean - especially those who peak late in their careers. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I'm opinionated because I  requested  a credibile link/s you could provide to back up your claims that Naulty fingered Jeter as a PED user.

This morsal of crud you used to slime Jeter.

And who in the world is Naulty? Where did he make the comments and were they made under oath?

I'm open to other opinions that's why I come here and why I asked for your source, quite frankly I can't find Naulty's comments.

As I've said here before, you can accuse anyone of anything on the internet, say anything about anybody, but  to prove it's true is altogether different. 

This is where you fall down.

You like to make these outlandish claims here but when asked to produce the source of such rubbish you can't even do that.

Instead you attack the poster asking for your source.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Stop being so obssessed.

Too much.

Steven, i think the reason you can't find anything on that is because the PEDS story he's likely referencing is about Dan Naulty who pitched for the Yanks at one time....
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/magazine/05/29/baseball.steroids/index.html

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Let me explain this to you since you seem to be most in need of an explanation. Sox fans talking about Yankee players on a Sox board is one thing, Yankee players talking about Sox players on a Sox board is quite another. I realize you view this as the same because you view this as a dual board, but it isn't. Doesn't matter what you believe it to be, it isn't. Insulting Yankee players on a Sox board goes with the territory. It's incredibly insulting to go to another team's board and slam their players there."

Kim I don't agree with you often but I agree with you here. Yankee fans speculating on Sox juicers on a Sox board is classless, especially because there are plenty of Yankee juicers also. I don't agree with throwing a name like Jeter into the convo but if Yankee fans want to go there and name Sox players names then it's fair game. Because the baseball player's union has continually dropped the ball on this issue, no one's name is clean - especially those who peak late in their careers. 

That would be true, except you have the sequence backwards.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

not that it's a big deal, i guess the culture we now live in(sportswise) dictates that everyone should be suspect, imo..a sad commentary on American sports

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

not that it's a big deal, i guess the culture we now live in(sportswise) dictates that everyone should be suspect, imo..a sad commentary on American sports

Just read it. The article is about 4 minor leaguers, with Naulty becoming the only one to make it to the show as the result of taking PEDs. Jeter is mentioned in one sentence, but not in the context of cheating at all; it's about his love for baseball.

Apparently this poster's comprehension of this article was compromised by his desperate partisan hope to find something in this article that isn't there, which happens to briefly mention Jeters love for baseball as the only common denominator.

It began to hit him: Naulty started playing baseball because he loved it, but he kept playing it because he had nothing else in his life. "My motives were no longer like Derek Jeter's," he says. "He plays -- and this seems to be the case with all the great ones -- because he loves it. I loved it as a child and parts of high school, and it started to fade and I should have stopped. Then I was tied to this steam train and couldn't get off. I thought I had to do anything I could to stay on this steam train because I had nothing else."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Respectfully Jete, but cycling is hardly an American sport...Peds "AKA" Sports medicine knows no boundaries...It pervasive in all sport and in fact it's origins are in fact rooted in Eastern Europe and China...

Derek Jeter is just as responsible as Bud Selig and every player that wore a unifrom in the last 20 years for hiding behind a collective bargining aggrement and allowing the use to get to the point that it literally took an act of congress to get the players association to finally relent to  the pressures of congress and agree to testing. I know that you know the he knew of the use in the Yankee clubhouse and he looked the other way. Instead of standing on a chair in the middle of the clubhouse and calling out those that he knew were using...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Respectfully Jete, but cycling is hardly an American sport...Peds "AKA" Sports medicine knows no boundaries...It pervasive in all sport and in fact it's origins are in fact rooted in Eastern Europe and China...

Derek Jeter is just as responsible as Bud Selig and every player that wore a unifrom in the last 20 years for hiding behind a collective bargining aggrement and allowing the use to get to the point that it literally took an act of congress to get the players association to finally relent to  the pressures of congress and agree to testing. I know that you know the he knew of the use in the Yankee clubhouse and he looked the other way. Instead of standing on a chair in the middle of the clubhouse and calling out those that he knew were using...

I respect your opinons BT however imo you cannot expect the players who were not using to come forward and finger those who were, even if they fully aware of what was going on.

They were more concerned about establishing their own careers to expect them to come forward and expose the frauds in the game and on their team is asking a bit too much from any player imo.

All those issues had to worked out behind closed doors within the membership of the mlbpa.

There are great players all over baseball in every organization who played the game clean who have yearned for the day that baseball would begin the mandatory testing but could not openly ask for it as members of the mlbpa.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I'm opinionated because I  requested  a credibile link/s you could provide to back up your claims that Naulty fingered Jeter as a PED user.

This morsal of crud you used to slime Jeter.

And who in the world is Naulty? Where did he make the comments and were they made under oath?

I'm open to other opinions that's why I come here and why I asked for your source, quite frankly I can't find Naulty's comments.

As I've said here before, you can accuse anyone of anything on the internet, say anything about anybody, but  to prove it's true is altogether different. 

This is where you fall down.

You like to make these outlandish claims here but when asked to produce the source of such rubbish you can't even do that.

Instead you attack the poster asking for your source.

You don't come here for opinions, you come to a rival team's board to defend your team. I can't think of a more ridiculous way to spend your time. Why do you care so much what Sox fans say about the Yankees on their own board? I don't care what Yankees fans say about the Sox on their boards. If I did go to a Yankee board, I would just laugh at them. Do you think the millionaires you spend your time defending across the Internet spend one second of their time defending you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

one does not use the word courage and kimsaythis in the same post.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Ben Cheringtom under his new screenname Triumph the Insult Comic Dog. Expect more really lame one-liners to fill all the threads on the board, yet again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I respect your opinons BT however imo you cannot expect the players who were not using to come forward and finger those who were, even if they fully aware of what was going on.

They were more concerned about establishing their own careers to expect them to come forward and expose the frauds in the game and on their team is asking a bit too much from any player imo.

All those issues had to worked out behind closed doors within the membership of the mlbpa.

There are great players all over baseball in every organization who played the game clean who have yearned for the day that baseball would begin the mandatory testing but could not openly ask for it as members of the mlbpa.

TWM,

I too have great respect for your opins as well...Mike Piazza today has fallen short of the Hall of Fame for being suspected of use. Though no evidence exist to substantiate that claim..So too are many of his contemporaries that are suspected of and many of them are crying foul. It is from that prisism that I have little sympothy for any of them. Lost on all in this sordid affair is the misconcetion that you can identify those that used based on dramatic changes to body types...when in fact nothing is further from the truth...

In the end if Jeter, Piazza and all those that in fact were clean. Had they as a collective, started a momvement within the union to pressure the leadership (Fehr) of the union. To address what is, was and continues to be clearly an issue that was and is not in the best interest of all players and certainly has sullied the games legesey for more than 3 decades. To take a stand and work with MLB to rid the game of this scurge...Instead of allowing him to protect the abusers by hiding behind a collective bargaining agreement. Under the guise of trying to protect the civil liberties of the membership. I would have far more empathy for those that have been judged guilty by association and now counter to our very laws that make this the greatest nation on the planet, must prove thier innocents. So in my mind every player in the game bares responsibility for the state of the game and the mistrust of the public. That includes Jeter, Pedrioa along with and including both of next years locks to be enshrined Maddux and Glavine...none of them are beyond reproach all of them IMHO are guilty until proven innocent!

The owners, the Union leadership, the commishoners office, Selig himself and every player in the game too include those that toiled in the minors. All were presented with the choice to nip this in the "Bud". In the interest of, far to many made the wrong choice (my opnion). I think we'd be hard pressed to convince Manny that he made the wrong choice given the 200 million he made while juicing...

Just for a little perspective on this issue...right now there's a kid toiling away in hopes of living his dream of one day of playing in the big leagues. This is a fact and not fiction, the question for every one of them today. Is not whether to use or not, but when do they have too, to make sure that they're not passed on the depth chart by a kid that is. Make no mistake about it this is not nor has it ever been a black arts of deception deal...I know that they know that I know, that all knew that part of the offseason workout programs for many of their teamamtes and themselves included a special tonic and a good rub down...

In the end if they truly want to rid the game of the use of, they just simply have to take away the very thng that motivates the players to use...the game itself...1 strike and your out...regardless of the level in which you test positive. One positive test = life time ban from participating in MLB baseball...And as a condition of being drafted by, you have to pass a drug test.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I can't even read this. Right from the beginning it's putting Jeter and Piazza in the same category of suspicion. I don't believe anyone would do that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I can't even read this. Right from the beginning it's putting Jeter and Piazza in the same category of suspicion. I don't believe anyone would do that.

Perhaps if you read the post you would have been able to gleen out a simple truth...that in fact both of them are connected...That every player in the game in the last 20 years all share the same plight...Right or wrong, all are and rightfully so, judged by the court of public opinion, guilty until proven innocent..that is the greater point of this entire thread. It's their own faults for not pressuring Fehr to protect the integrity of those that abstained...

Whether that's fair or not is irrelevant. Due to the pervasive use and the less than ability of both MLB and the players union to get out in front of this issue. No player that's laced them up since the mid 90's is beyond reproach. What Jeter, Piazza and every player of the steroid era share is the lack of trust and certainly that in fact we can believe them when they claim to have not used...That fact is due to far too many of those that stated emphatically they never used only to be outed in the Mitchell report and the infamous list of 104 names. 

Andy Petitte chose the high road, but did so only to help salvage his image..."I did it for the team"...hogwash. He did it so he could get back on the field and parlay his success into a multimillion dollar contract with the Atros...along with his buddy Roger. Call me jaded, but naivity is not something I wear comfortably. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts