MLBN SUCKS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

MLBN SUCKS!

How many times will I believe them when they say theyll broadcast the Red Sox? If the Sox/ Rays is the 1st or second game scheduled, WHY would they cut to Atlanta (should be blacked out in Mobile, AL, right?)

Talk about foolish- I AM.
    this is like the 3rd time theyve done this in two weeks.

They DIDNT SHOW:

RS/Toronto last week, Nope.
    RS/Rays tonight, NOPE!

MLBN is ridiculous.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: MLBN SUCKS!

I have the Sox only because the Yanks are in a rain delay.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

jim, i had atlanta for same reason , what region are u in?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I'm getting the game on the Sun network in Florida.

I took the day off to take care of some personal things and I almost went to the game tonight but wasn't sure if I could make it to St. Pete in time.

And as I type, Wake gets out of the inning. Good job.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Northern NJ...Yankee country.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

im not watching it anymore...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

You only get the second game if the first one listed is in your market. The phillies and Yankees are both in my market so  I got both last weeks game and this weeks

Do you live in NY NJ TX PA or whoever Philly was playing? I forget. because if not u wouldnt get the sox

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Stop being so Tight and get the MLB Package !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Unfortunately, the American people are the antithesis of "tight". They vote for something for nothing, which is a violation of the X Amendment. Unfortunately, that's what happens when remote central government prosecutes a war against States.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Huh???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

double huh??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan1967. Show soxfan1967's posts

I saw the game last night on MLBN.  Good to live in Northern Jersey even it is Yankee land

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I live in the panhandle of FL and everytime the Sox play the Rays, regardless of home or road, the Rays black it out except for their network. I have to listen to Staats call the game unless they decide to show the Marlins then I don't get it all.
    And, I have MLB Extra Innings with Direct TV!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: MLBN SUCKS!:
    [QUOTE]I live in the panhandle of FL and everytime the Sox play the Rays, regardless of home or road, the Rays black it out except for their network. I have to listen to Staats call the game unless they decide to show the Marlins then I don't get it all. And, I have MLB Extra Innings with Direct TV!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

you have my sympathies Alibiike! I lived in central florida on the atlantic side for two years and had direct tv and hated it. only because of my good luck and good fortune was I able to relocate my family back up to boston and have comcast with NESN.

so I do understand your frustration pal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

No disagreement with the OP, but I watched it last night because most of the time I got the Sox game--in high definition.  My verizon fios package also gets me the Sox games, but rarely HD. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

MLB Extra Innings is a wise purchase.  The only catch is, almost none of their games are provided to the customer in HD, but the games themselves are broadcast in HD.

Had  long chat with Verizon about this (I've got Fios).  After half an hour, they simply could not provide a reason as to why they don't broadcast every game in HD.  They just didn't know. 

I won out, for once, due to their claim to broadcast games in HD (a set number per week).  It's borderline false advertising. They discounted my bill pretty substantially.  It's ridiculous that everyone had to "go HD" by 2010, but these games won't be carried in a HD format to the consumer.  Literally, no one at Verizon could give me even the slightest guess as to why they don't carry the HD broadcasts of those games.  You only get about two per night.

DirecTV had a significant advantage on Fios. I live just outside of NYC, but for some reason, when I had DirecTV, it unlocked NESN.  I was able to watch almost every Sox game with Don and Jerry, including the away games.  NESN stayed part of my channel lineup for the duration of Extra Innings. 

Fios doesn't do that. It's just asinine that we aren't able to see all baseball in HD.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]I live in the panhandle of FL and everytime the Sox play the Rays, regardless of home or road, the Rays black it out except for their network. I have to listen to Staats call the game unless they decide to show the Marlins then I don't get it all. And, I have MLB Extra Innings with Direct TV!

I Feel Your Pain !!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxu571. Show redsoxu571's posts

Man, there's nothing worse than having to listen to the TB tv announcers. All they ever do is whine and moan, despite the fact that they have a cool, exciting, fun team.

The worst I've heard from them was once (last year or the year before), a TB batter hit the ball down the right field line, and it got caught up with the bullpen, which according to TB ground rules is an automatic, no questions asked ground-rule double.

It was a close game, and if the bullpen hadn't been there, it was pretty much certain that a runner that have been on first base would have scored...so the TB announcers spent the next five or so minutes whining that the umpire made a huge mistake calling a ground rule double, it was oh so unfair and the like.

After a commercial break, they began to CONTINUE their diatribe...until they were informed that the call had not been up to umpire discretion, and was made according to TB ground rules. The fools weren't even aware of THEIR OWN ground rules!!! None to my suprise, rather than apologize to their audience for their ignorance, the announcers then continued to moan about the call, this time saying the ground rule is wrong and needs to be changed. Geez guys, you pretty much work for the club, take it up with them if you have a problem!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MLBN SUCKS! : you have my sympathies Alibiike! I lived in central florida on the atlantic side for two years and had direct tv and hated it. only because of my good luck and good fortune was I able to relocate my family back up to boston and have comcast with NESN. so I do understand your frustration pal.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I'm in Pensacola, nowhere near Tampa, and still get blacked out. I tried to get NESN but they won't go national like WGN has. Anyone know why they haven't? I mean, RSN is huge!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I too live in Pensacola and with Direct TV you just subscribe to the Sports package and you get Nesn with it along with YES and just about every other teams regular channel. Of course you also have to subscribe to MLB extra innibgs to actually watch the games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MLBN SUCKS! : Man, there's nothing worse than having to listen to the TB tv announcers. All they ever do is whine and moan, despite the fact that they have a cool, exciting, fun team. The worst I've heard from them was once (last year or the year before), a TB batter hit the ball down the right field line, and it got caught up with the bullpen, which according to TB ground rules is an automatic, no questions asked ground-rule double. It was a close game, and if the bullpen hadn't been there, it was pretty much certain that a runner that have been on first base would have scored...so the TB announcers spent the next five or so minutes whining that the umpire made a huge mistake calling a ground rule double, it was oh so unfair and the like. After a commercial break, they began to CONTINUE their diatribe...until they were informed that the call had not been up to umpire discretion, and was made according to TB ground rules. The fools weren't even aware of THEIR OWN ground rules!!! None to my suprise, rather than apologize to their audience for their ignorance, the announcers then continued to moan about the call, this time saying the ground rule is wrong and needs to be changed. Geez guys, you pretty much work for the club, take it up with them if you have a problem!
    Posted by redsoxu571[/QUOTE]

They whine and cry about everything, probably why they don't have any fans despite having a good team. As a matter of fact the only other tandum I found harder to listen to is the two on the white sox broadcast, Hawk Harrelson and the other clown who's name escapes me !! LOL

Sections
Shortcuts