MO hurt from power shagging, here's how he could end up in BOSTON..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

MO hurt from power shagging, here's how he could end up in BOSTON..

last time i power shagged, i was in college and hurt my frontal area and had 2 pay 3 ladies of the night.. but i digress.. excuse me, is that mike working?

SERIOUSLY, thats what they called it on mlb network earlier. he's been doing it for years. what do you know, a guy looking like a-rod hits the warning track shot to his closer and encourages him to go get it.. did no one in that moronic place ever grasp in all these years it was insane to have their most precious pitching asset ever getting close to a wall, or even worse, power diving or sliding after pop flies from the likes of a-rod? jeez, what could go wrong? whats next.. hey bring in a shark tank with an alligator and have derek jeter jump in to retreive baseballs to loosen up? better still, lets have cano throw 90 mile fastballs and sliders to loosen up his arm. hey i know, lets have cc sabathia work on his catching and tagging technique and have the offensive line from the giants stop by and run into him during practice and drills right before games.. sorry, but someone should get fired very close to mr. girardi or cashman because of this. its all fun and games til someone (or 2 or 3 if you're a yankee) rips up their knee.

here's when i wish george could just be resurrrected for an hour in front of the media.. what? what? riviera was f-------  doing what? who the f--- AND f--- and f----- was responsible? bring me his f--- head yesterday! and his wife's and those of 2 of his kids... NOW!

this from the same organization that had a fat load of a pitcher committing trampoline abuse when he ripped his knee ligament for the season. i think from now on, you may want to have your players play the positions they are specialized in and only do workouts that directly correspond to said specialty moronssss! i heard mariano used to shag flies but assumed he was just being safely stationary and working on his eye and hand coordination and just blowing off steam like the pats do with vince wilfork in training camp when he has to catch a punt for everyone on the team to get a break.

the yankee equivalent would have vince do a running kick on a wet field to tom brady on the dead run as gronkowski comes in for the full pads tackle to his head and throwing shoulder area.. again... MORONSSSSSS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

Re: MO hurt from power shagging, who gets fired?

In Response to MO hurt from power shagging, who gets fired?:
    [QUOTE]last time i power shagged, i was in college and hurt my frontal area and had 2 pay 3 ladies of the night.. but i digress.. excuse me, is that mike working? SERIOUSLY, thats what they called it on mlb network earlier. he's been doing it for years. what do you know, a guy looking like a-rod hits the warning track shot to his closer and encourages him to go get it.. did no one in that moronic place ever grasp in all these years it was insane to have their most precious pitching asset ever getting close to a wall, or even worse, power diving or sliding after pop flies from the likes of a-rod? jeez, what could go wrong? whats next.. hey bring in a shark tank with an alligator and have derek jeter jump in to retreive baseballs to loosen up? better still, lets have cano throw 90 mile fastballs and sliders to loosen up his arm. hey i know, lets have cc sabathia work on his catching and tagging technique and have the offensive line from the giants stop by and run into him during practice and drills right before games.. sorry, but someone should get fired very close to mr. girardi or cashman because of this. its all fun and games til someone (or 2 or 3 if you're a yankee) rips up their knee. here's when i wish george could just be resurrrected for an hour in front of the media.. what? what? riviera was f-------  doing what? who the f--- AND f--- and f----- was responsible? bring me his f--- head yesterday! and his wife's and those of 2 of his kids... NOW! this from the same organization that had a fat load of a pitcher committing trampoline abuse when he ripped his knee ligament for the season. i think from now on, you may want to have your players play the positions they are specialized in and only do workouts that directly correspond to said specialty moronssss! i heard mariano used to shag flies but assumed he was just being safely stationary and working on his eye and hand coordination and just blowing off steam like the pats do with vince wilfork in training camp when he has to catch a punt for everyone on the team to get a break. the yankee equivalent would have vince do a running kick on a wet field to tom brady on the dead run as gronkowski comes in for the full pads tackle to his head and throwing shoulder area.. again... MORONSSSSSS!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

No one is getting fired.  And, it was not ARod who hit the ball in question.  It was a AAA player who had just been called up, due to injuries to Gardner, Swisher, Dickerson, and Chavez.

Mariano has shagged balls in batting practice his entire career.  So did Ron Guidry.  So did many other great pitchers.  This is something Mo loved to do, and it was a great reason why he remained such an excellent athlete for so long.  Also, Mo considered shagging balls with teammates to be an important factor in building relationships with players - old and new -  and contributing to the culture and chemistry of a team.  

One of Mariano's long time wishes was to play the outfield before he retired. Not a complete game, just an inning or two.  Torre and Zimmer used to comment that Mo was one of the best defensive outfielders on the team. The same was true when Ron Guidry played.  In fact, Guidry did play a game in the outfield, and he also pinch ran.  Like Mo, he was cat-quick off the mound and just a great all around athlete.  

It is a sad ending to Mariano's career, but in his own words, he would not have wanted it any other way.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Re: MO hurt from power shagging, who gets fired or blamed?

Why would anyone get fired for it freak injuries happen all the time. It's part of the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Why the need to blame?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

In Response to MO hurt from power shagging, who gets fired or blamed?:
    [QUOTE]last time i power shagged, i was in college and hurt my frontal area and had 2 pay 3 ladies of the night.. but i digress.. excuse me, is that mike working? SERIOUSLY, thats what they called it on mlb network earlier. he's been doing it for years. what do you know, a guy looking like a-rod hits the warning track shot to his closer and encourages him to go get it.. did no one in that moronic place ever grasp in all these years it was insane to have their most precious pitching asset ever getting close to a wall, or even worse, power diving or sliding after pop flies from the likes of a-rod? jeez, what could go wrong? whats next.. hey bring in a shark tank with an alligator and have derek jeter jump in to retreive baseballs to loosen up? better still, lets have cano throw 90 mile fastballs and sliders to loosen up his arm. hey i know, lets have cc sabathia work on his catching and tagging technique and have the offensive line from the giants stop by and run into him during practice and drills right before games.. sorry, but someone should get fired very close to mr. girardi or cashman because of this. its all fun and games til someone (or 2 or 3 if you're a yankee) rips up their knee. here's when i wish george could just be resurrrected for an hour in front of the media.. what? what? riviera was f-------  doing what? who the f--- AND f--- and f----- was responsible? bring me his f--- head yesterday! and his wife's and those of 2 of his kids... NOW! this from the same organization that had a fat load of a pitcher committing trampoline abuse when he ripped his knee ligament for the season. i think from now on, you may want to have your players play the positions they are specialized in and only do workouts that directly correspond to said specialty moronssss! i heard mariano used to shag flies but assumed he was just being safely stationary and working on his eye and hand coordination and just blowing off steam like the pats do with vince wilfork in training camp when he has to catch a punt for everyone on the team to get a break. the yankee equivalent would have vince do a running kick on a wet field to tom brady on the dead run as gronkowski comes in for the full pads tackle to his head and throwing shoulder area.. again... MORONSSSSSS!
     That's funny- punish the guy that hit the ball in batting practice !! hahahaha....as you learn the sport, CC, you will learn that pitchers shag in the outfield during BP....but in order to learn the sport you have to take the cotton out of your ears and put it into your mouth...and pay attention....it's a great sport, well worth learning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to MO hurt from power shagging, who gets fired or blamed?:

No one is going to get fired over this. Why say it was A-rod who hit the ball when it was some guy named Nix who had just been called up from the minors. Try to at least gets some of the facts right before making a dumb post like this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Syd. Show Syd's posts

There is no blame to be handed out to anyone. Mo has been shagging balls at batting practice his whole career. This is just accident, and accidents can happen at any time. He could have been running in from the bullpen or warming up on the mound, and tore his ACL. I wish Mo a speedy recovery and I hope this is not the end. I was able to witness the wonderful things he did for the people in is hometown in Panama and I respect him for it. Get well soon!!

Syd

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

They have 'Joba Rules' but not 'Mo Rules'???

Then again, look how good the 'Joba Rules' served them.  Fat Boy is ready to take over as the closer now, right????  LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

There is no blame. He sustained an injury during a routine warmup which he has done before every game since 1995. It's not like he was pursuing a non-baseball activity when this happened.

Looking for someone to blame is a waste of time, but of course there are lots of people with astonishing amounts of free time. See, e.g, this board.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Complete insanity. Nobody is to blame. Pitchers shag fly balls all the time -- anyone who has been to the game early enough to see batting practices sees it. I do wonder, however, if this will change that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Pitchers shag all the time and Mo has been doing it most of his career. Why didn't you question is since 1996?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

ummm...did the yanks expect to ride that horse until mo was 60?  injuries happen...especially to older folks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

Nobody needs to be fired or even blamed.  It was all Mo's choice.

Mo's a class class, one of the best.  Best reliever of all time.  Hope he does get well enough to get back, and get his dream one inning in the outfield!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

I can't stop laughing at the phrase "power shagging"....I assume you all know what shagging means in the UK....

What a way to get injured!  Happened to me a few times over the years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: MO hurt from power shagging, who gets fired or blamed?:
    [QUOTE]ummm...did the yanks expect to ride that horse until mo was 60?  injuries happen...especially to older folks
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

The fans did that's for sure.  But this looks like the end. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

If he's at peace with it, as it seems he is from his statement, than I'm at peace with it. It's hearbreaking and I was really hoping to see that last playoff series with him going out in his lights out way, but it is what it is and that's not going to happen.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: MO hurt from power shagging, here's how he could end up in BOSTON..

sawx made an offer to the guy in his last free agency, fans clearly respect this man and he still has his stuff with extra motivation. dave robertson frankly has been the best reliever on the yanks the last 2 years, and definitely so far this year. he's cheap and has lights out stuff. plus they have soriano who was up there with mariano his last year in tampa as a closer. i see no reason y both cant be lights out as closers. the yanks have a lot of holes and have to cut down on payroll and get YOUNGER. assuming mo is able to return by spring training, i can see ascenario where the yanks balk at paying him more than 5m or guarantee him his closer spot. i can see the sox coming in with a 2 year deal for $20m guaranteed with the closer role in hand. especially with us having the better record this season and the yanks watching from home, i can see Mo coming over to fenway!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]well said Pass-the-hubris-please very well said    
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Love your pictures.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]" "The end of an era for Rivera! Season over, career over, theeeeeeeeeee-uhhhh-uhhhhhh Mo's a has been. Theeeeeeeeee Mo's a has been."
    Posted by SpruceTrap[/QUOTE]

Moron

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]I can't stop laughing at the phrase "power shagging"....I assume you all know what shagging means in the UK.... What a way to get injured!  Happened to me a few times over the years.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

YEAH BABY!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts