MO LOW BLOWS FOR MO!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

MO LOW BLOWS FOR MO!

i dont want to say i told ya so but i told ya so when i was scourged a few weeks back when i stated that mo was losing it. his velocity, command and delivery are all noticeably off. when was the last time he broke a bat? i remember back in the day when wilson woUld park a truck outside every stadium the yanks played in just to make sure there were enough bats in case rivera came in and broke all the ones in service at the time. he's blown 6 saves in total and been shaky in his last 3 appearances, blowing the last 2. i look forward to more of the same in the playoffs.

just like tyson, he has lost his fear factor. noone feels its over anymore when mo comes in as they now do with papelbon. yanks as usual are stuck for they give him one more year too many. imagine if pap was becoming a free agent right now with mo out of the picture? talk about a brinks truck. as it is, mo will get another year to blow key saves and low blow the yanks.. HA! NO POSADA, NO MO, OLD JETER, OLDER A-FRAUD, a 14m returning 7th inning guy in soriano.. good deals yanks! only thing funnier would have been if they had dumped brett gardner and signed our carl crawford. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: ONE MORE LOW BLOW FROM MO

Depends on who he's playing. (Why do I always have an answer that's different from the choices given? lol)

If he's playing the Sox and I'm watching the game, I don't believe the game is over for a minute. Especially, if it's only about a few runs.

Love your brazen threads.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

He's blown 5 saves, a lot, but his ERA and WHIP (.99) are still pretty good. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

he's blown 6 saves

5 not 6

in total and been shaky in his last appearances, blowing the last 2.

did lester lose his last 2 games?

i look forward to more of the same in the playoffs.

me too

“He just happened to throw a ball that didn’t cut”

After Bobby Abreu homered off Mariano Rivera last night, Yankees manager Joe Girardi asked his pitcher and catcher for the details.

“I asked about the pitch that Bobby hit, and they said it just didn’t cut,” Girardi said. “It just didn’t cut for whatever reason.”

Sometimes cutters don’t cut — even for Rivera — and sometimes that’s the only explanation necessary. But the Yankees closer is 41 years old, and he’s now coughed up a crucial run in back-to-back games. It’s hard not to wonder whether he’s becoming more and more human.

Career ERA: 2.23
      2011 ERA: 2.23

Career WHIP: 1.000
       2011 WHIP: 0.99

Career K per 9 IP: 8.21
      2011 K per 9 IP: 7.92

Career BB per 9 IP: 2.05
      2011 BB per 9 IP: 1.02

Career OpBA: .211
         2011 OpBA: .243

Career HR per 9 IP: 0.5
    2011 HR per 9 IP: 0.4

Two differences jump out: Rivera’s basically stopped walking people, but he’s giving up hits more frequently. In terms of base runners, it basically evens out — hence the almost identical WHIP — but there is some statistical evidence that Rivera’s giving up solid contact a little more often. His line drive rate and fly ball rate are climbing, but his batting average on balls in play also suggests some bad luck.

“I haven’t really noticed that (hitters are squaring up the ball more often),” Girardi said. “You look at the first hit he gave up, it was a jam shot that was hit between the second baseman and the right fielder. He just happened to throw a ball that didn’t cut. That was the biggest difference.”

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

In Response to ONE MORE LOW BLOW FROM MO:
    [QUOTE]i dont want to say i told ya so but i told ya so when i was scourged a few weeks back when i stated that mo was losing it. his velocity, command and delivery are all noticeably off. when was the last time he broke a bat? i remember back in the day when wilson wold park a truck outside every stadium the yanks played in just to make sure there were enough bats in case rivera came in and broke all the ones in service at the time. he's blown 6 saves in total and been shaky in his last appearances, blowing the last 2. i look forward to more of the same in the playoffs. just like tyson, he has lost his fear factor. noone feels its over anymore when mo comes in as they now do with papelbon. yanks as usual are stuck for they give him one more year too many. imagine if pap was becoming a free agent right now with mo out of the picture? talk about a brinks truck. as it is, mo will get another year to blow key saves and low blow the yanks.. HA! NO POSADA, NO MO, OLD JETER, OLDER A-FRAUD, a 14m returning 7th inning guy in soriano.. good deals yanks! only thing funnier would have been if they had dumped brett gardner and signed our carl crawford. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

being a SOX fan, i'm more concerned whether LESTER will get his mojo back.
    this year for jon has been nothing to write home about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think Mo has run into a bit of a bad streak..Doesnt mean hes still not feared..That cutter is still nasty..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Mo's career has been pronounced dead by the wishful thinkers more times than I can count. And each time, he proves them wrong. So I'm assuming he's like Jason in the "Friday the 13th" movies ... he'll be around forever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I voted yes.

He will get his mojo back, but it will take longer.  At age 42, it should.  TIme to think about the rocking chair and the front porch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]i dont want to say i told ya so but i told ya so when i was scourged a few weeks back when i stated that mo was losing it. his velocity, command and delivery are all noticeably off. when was the last time he broke a bat? i remember back in the day when wilson woUld park a truck outside every stadium the yanks played in just to make sure there were enough bats in case rivera came in and broke all the ones in service at the time. he's blown 6 saves in total and been shaky in his last 3 appearances, blowing the last 2. i look forward to more of the same in the playoffs. just like tyson, he has lost his fear factor. noone feels its over anymore when mo comes in as they now do with papelbon. yanks as usual are stuck for they give him one more year too many. imagine if pap was becoming a free agent right now with mo out of the picture? talk about a brinks truck. as it is, mo will get another year to blow key saves and low blow the yanks.. HA! NO POSADA, NO MO, OLD JETER, OLDER A-FRAUD, a 14m returning 7th inning guy in soriano.. good deals yanks! only thing funnier would have been if they had dumped brett gardner and signed our carl crawford. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]Mornin CC, given his age your premise while wildly bold is a fair one :-)....he hasn't been as efficient as we're used to seeing Mo be..i'm hoping it's not that tricep issue creeping back, his era and whip are still in good shape, giving more hits than i like too see, but i do like that he's back to not walking anyone, though i still like our chances when he's out there..even aginst the Sox..Tongue out..i'd like to see mo get back to throwing early strikes so he can work the black like he does when he's pitching well...i get your point about next year, but you worry about that NEXT YEAR!!!...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Mariano Rivera has no peers in the history of MLB, especially now when he is comfortably over 40 and still doing well what he did 15 years ago and every season since.  I mean, his track record is ridiculous. 

So predicting his demise is a very risky venture, especially when his ERA is under 2.5 and his WHIP under 1, both of which are better than Papelbon's.  Lately, Pap has looked terrific and Mo not so terrific.  I hope that keeps up, but ain't betting on it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Rivera at his worst is still one of the best.   This year I will take Paps.  Paps numbers during save opportunities are better than Rivera's.  Paps does not pitch so great when nothing is on the line.   In fact, he stinks.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

I don't believe Rivera is thru as a top flight stopper, but it may indicate that with his age[41] he may have to have a little bit of a rest break, maybe now would be a good time for the Yankee's to give him a extra few days off, espically since they will in all likelyhood make the playoff's.

Just thing if he were with the Sox, Francona would rest him once or twice a week, so he would in Terry's eyes be rested for October baseball or his golf game, whichever came first.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The motion picture industry has not yet given this picture a rating, parents of Red Sox fans should be advised it contains content intended for mature audiences unlike the threads of Smiley or Communist Contrarian.Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Love your brazen threads"

You do realize Commie is a man right? Just checkin'. 

Not sure there was much brazen about this thread though, unless by brazen you mean "off the top of my head"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]i dont want to say i told ya so but i told ya so when i was scourged a few weeks back when i stated that mo was losing it. his velocity, command and delivery are all noticeably off. when was the last time he broke a bat? i remember back in the day when wilson woUld park a truck outside every stadium the yanks played in just to make sure there were enough bats in case rivera came in and broke all the ones in service at the time. he's blown 6 saves in total and been shaky in his last 3 appearances, blowing the last 2. i look forward to more of the same in the playoffs. just like tyson, he has lost his fear factor. noone feels its over anymore when mo comes in as they now do with papelbon. yanks as usual are stuck for they give him one more year too many. imagine if pap was becoming a free agent right now with mo out of the picture? talk about a brinks truck. as it is, mo will get another year to blow key saves and low blow the yanks.. HA! NO POSADA, NO MO, OLD JETER, OLDER A-FRAUD, a 14m returning 7th inning guy in soriano.. good deals yanks! only thing funnier would have been if they had dumped brett gardner and signed our carl crawford. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Mo's WHIP tells me he hasn't quite lost his grip just yet and he is still the best closer I have personally ever watched.  The guy has to get old sometime, or does he?  My guess is he still has a bit left in the tank.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

Rivera is done,  he now has an era over 2.  You can't win the world series with a closer with an era over 2.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

BTW, he let up another run today vs. the Angels. Hmmm, it does look like either he is in a deep funk OR could he finally be cracking? At 42, I would not blame him for finally trending down. He has without question been the greatest closer of all-time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: ONE MORE LOW BLOW FROM MO:
    [QUOTE]BTW, he let up another run today vs. the Angels. Hmmm, it does look like either he is in a deep funk OR could he finally be cracking? At 42, I would not blame him for finally trending down. He has without question been the greatest closer of all-time.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

May be time for the Yankees to try and steal Pap next season?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Rivera is done,  he now has an era over 2.  You can't win the world series with a closer with an era over 2.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]
    201130  401.0003.14

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]Mo's career has been pronounced dead by the wishful thinkers more times than I can count. And each time, he proves them wrong. So I'm assuming he's like Jason in the "Friday the 13th" movies ... he'll be around forever.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Well said lloyd, well said.  I'd still take him on my team in a New York minute (pun intended - groan).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I don't know, but has he had a period ever, where he scuffled this bad?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Tuesday Bobby Abreau who smacked a HR off him said Mo threw a cutter that just did'nt cut...great insight...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I don't believe Rivera is thru as a top flight stopper, but it may indicate that with his age[41] he may have to have a little bit of a rest break, maybe now would be a good time for the Yankee's to give him a extra few days off, espically since they will in all likelyhood make the playoff's. Just thing if he were with the Sox, Francona would rest him once or twice a week, so he would in Terry's eyes be rested for October baseball or his golf game, whichever came first.
    Posted by peanutandme[/QUOTE]

Agree that he should be closing less games this year.   At his age, it would probably help him so that he will still be effective in October. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

[QUOTE]BTW, he let up another run today vs. the Angels. Hmmm, it does look like either he is in a deep funk OR could he finally be cracking? At 42, I would not blame him for finally trending down. He has without question been the greatest closer of all-time.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

It thought it was a 3 run homer he gave up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

It was, Chuchos. He came in with two on base. Those two runs were charged to Wade. Only Braylon's HR was charged to Rivera.