Mods, simple question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Mods, simple question

Why are all my threads closed?  Not whining, much, about it.  Just wondering.

Please inform me as to what your criteria may be for threads to stay actionable.

Some noxious threads last for eons ...  

Heck, some of my threads aren't just closed for discussion, they are removed all together.

Really, what's rule of thumb?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FFGLO. Show FFGLO's posts

Re: Mods, simple question

That's like banning the works of Mark Twain and Will Rogers. SinceYaz, a legend in his own mind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Mods, simple question:
    [QUOTE]Why are all my threads closed?  Not whining, much, about it.  Just wondering. Please inform me as to what your criteria may be for threads to stay actionable. Some noxious threads last for eons ...      Heck, some of my threads aren't just closed for discussion, they are removed all together.    Really, what's rule of thumb?    
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Reasonable inquiry, SY.  I would like think it had to do with some glitch or something arbitrary.  If you have to alter your threads to stay "actionable," something is terribly wrong with this forum.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FFGLO. Show FFGLO's posts

"If you have to alter of your threads to stay "actionable," something is terribly wrong with this forum."  
    First: 6/10/2011
    Last: 7/4/2011
    Another literary genius!-"of your threads"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Mods, simple question:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Mods, simple question : Reasonable inquiry, SY.  I would like think it had to do with some glitch or something arbitrary.  If you have to alter of your threads to stay "actionable," something is terribly wrong with this forum.   
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

Sheriff,

I did wonder about it, earlier on.  What triggered it today was the Bruins thread I started.  It had 4 posts beyond the OP ... none to be seen.  I fully expected it to be stopped, cuz it wasn't Sox stuff.  But the responses aren't even viewable. 

I also figured that Frankie and Babe couldn't resist my "weakness" ... it was like chum in the water.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Yaz, the four posts aren't there maybe because the posters were banned. If there was anything wrong with your thread, it would have been deleted. you can contact the moderators at community@boston.com or feedback@boston.com 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]Yaz, i think the four posts arent there because the posters were banned.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

In that case, it would be taking a thread (hit) for the team. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mods, simple question : In that case, it would be taking a thread (hit) for the team. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

i make a point of reading Yaz' post, i saw it this morning. Babe responded and he was banned, maybe frank also.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mods, simple question :  i make a point of reading Yaz' post, i saw it this morning. Babe responded and he was banned, maybe frank also.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Clever ambush. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Yaz!  You've go this mean streak I haven't seen before. I like it!!!  LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Yaz, the four posts aren't there maybe because the posters were banned. If there was anything wrong with your thread, it would have been deleted. you can contact the moderators at community@boston.com or feedback@boston.com  
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Ahh, thank you wise J-Bay.  I never thought of that.  I thought there would be B's fans who might respond, not the others. 

It's almost time for me to go back to therapy.  TA ... Trolls Anonymous.  I've been having wayy too much fun at their expense.  I'm told that isn't healthy.

I'm a sick puppy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Discussions are closed to inhibit bumping practices.
    Don't take it personal, S.Y.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Discussions are closed to inhibit bumping practices. Don't take it personal, S.Y.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

The only one I took personally was the one that was completely removed about my Dad, the Sox, Yanquis and Easter ... and that was the opening series of 2010.  I wanted to record all of the very nice things folks had said and give them to Mom. 

I had the original post, because I wrote it on WordPerfect and kept it. 

I just couldn't get the responses.  But I suppose I was too slow on that and could have gotten them if I had copied them immediately.

Thanks for trying to put what little bit of a mind I have at ease!!  {8o)
      ...note my smily face has had a Bosley treatment and now has hair!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Yaz don't take it to heart. I had one removed last week. My only crime was telling people where to meet me at the Phillies-Sox game. I do agree that yours were not ban worthy. I had another removed when I suggested a good NY bar/restaraunt for all of us to meet. I guess we can't advertise?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Yaz don't take it to heart. I had one removed last week. My only crime was telling people where to meet me at the Phillies-Sox game. I do agree that yours were not ban worthy. I had another removed when I suggested a good NY bar/restaraunt for all of us to meet. I guess we can't advertise?
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

:o)  My snippy ones, maybe jay. 

But thanks...

It may be they don't consider NY restaraunts worthy...
      (I know that's not the case, just kidding.)

However, it does amaze me how long bashers get their threads running ...

Enough whining.  :o)

Thx again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mods, simple question : :o)  My snippy ones, maybe jay.  But thanks...    It may be they don't consider NY restaraunts worthy...   (I know that's not the case, just kidding.) However, it does amaze me how long bashers get their threads running ... Enough whining.  :o) Thx again.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Maybe some of the "bashers" r actually planned so to gather lots of responses..You know as well as I do yaz that the negative threads get a ton of posts..just a thought..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Hey, folks, we close threads after a day to prevent bumping by the trolls. Happy to re-open any you want to activate; just email community@boston.com.

We also delete threads that have fewer than 10 comments after a day. This is such an active forum that not garnering at least 10 comments doesn't seem like a discussion worth archiving. I can change that criteria to 3 days if you want. Let me know.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, folks, we close threads after a day to prevent bumping by the trolls. Happy to re-open any you want to activate; just email community@boston.com. We also delete threads that have fewer than 10 comments after a day. This is such an active forum that not garnering at least 10 comments doesn't seem like a discussion worth archiving. I can change that criteria to 3 days if you want. Let me know.
    Posted by BDCDottie[/QUOTE]

What about threads started by harness and moon where they make up 89% of all the responses... surely they should be closed due to lack of interest by the vast majority of the forum. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Right on cue: Burrito complains when BDC Dottie is nice enough to point out something others would know if they took the time to research it.

Burrito needs a pacifier.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

It's been BDC practice for months now to retain two pages of threads and delete all of the others. As Dottie said, it is done to stop bumping. For instance. many posters would be bumping up anti-Jake threads by Softlaw now after he is on such a hot streak. Others would be bumping up bash Wakefield threads after he has done so well. Others who predicted a terrible year for big Papi would have their threads bumped up. Dottie's SOP prevents the optimists and loyalists from embarassing the chronic bashers, skeptics, cynics, and Chicken-Littles from being embarassed. Softlaw couldn't be happier that his erroneous predictions and bashing are put into the archives and never to be seen again.

Bumping can still bring your thread to the top but you will need to do it every day or else it will go to page #3 and then be relegated to the scrap heap by BDC. Unless you do that the daily menu of garbage by the Garcia2s and Babe posters will receive top billing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe------. Show --The---Babe------'s posts

[QUOTE]It's been BDC practice for months now to retain two pages of threads and delete all of the others. As Dottie said, it is done to stop bumping. For instance. many posters would be bumping up anti-Jake threads by Softlaw now after he is on such a hot streak. Others would be bumping up bash Wakefield threads after he has done so well. Others who predicted a terrible year for big Papi would have their threads bumped up. Dottie's SOP prevents the optimists and loyalists from embarassing the chronic bashers, skeptics, cynics, and Chicken-Littles from being embarassed. Softlaw couldn't be happier that his erroneous predictions and bashing are put into the archives and never to be seen again. Bumping can still bring your thread to the top but you will need to do it every day or else it will go to page #3 and then be relegated to the scrap heap by BDC. Unless you do that the daily menu of garbage by the Garcia2s and Babe posters will receive top billing.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Another fine baseball related post by pike.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mods, simple question : What about threads started by harness and moon where they make up 89% of all the responses... surely they should be closed due to lack of interest by the vast majority of the forum. 
    Posted by BurritoT

This is to ensure that the master of deleting/moving posts won't try it here.
    Let everybody see the child whine.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]It's been BDC practice for months now to retain two pages of threads and delete all of the others. As Dottie said, it is done to stop bumping. For instance. many posters would be bumping up anti-Jake threads by Softlaw now after he is on such a hot streak. Others would be bumping up bash Wakefield threads after he has done so well. Others who predicted a terrible year for big Papi would have their threads bumped up. Dottie's SOP prevents the optimists and loyalists from embarassing the chronic bashers, skeptics, cynics, and Chicken-Littles from being embarassed. Softlaw couldn't be happier that his erroneous predictions and bashing are put into the archives and never to be seen again. Bumping can still bring your thread to the top but you will need to do it every day or else it will go to page #3 and then be relegated to the scrap heap by BDC. Unless you do that the daily menu of garbage by the Garcia2s and Babe posters will receive top billing.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

There's no substitute for experience.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mods, simple question : Another fine baseball related post by pike.
    Posted by --The---Babe------[/QUOTE]

Another version of Babe: The living dead.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mods, simple question : Another version of Babe : The living dead.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

More like the dead living.