Mods, simple question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Re: Mods, simple question

There was a group of about five posters led by the Jims who would bring to the top those threads that made certain pessimists look foolish. I miss seeing that done. It is good that such impatient, always pessimistic wet-blankets be embarassed for being such fair weather fans. Those who were predicting a terrible year for Beckett back in March should have their threads and posts hung out on the clothesline for all to see now.

Do you get my point or is this being DEVISIVE. According to the Harness edict or prime directive - let all of the pessimists, skeptics, cynics, and "doom and gloomers" monopolize the forum since statistics show that they are the lifeblood of a successful forum. Let the loyalists, faithful, and optimists sit quietly in the back row. The fraternity of old codgers knows best - or do they?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe------. Show --The---Babe------'s posts

In Response to Re: Mods, simple question:
    There was a group of about five posters led by the Jims who would bring to the top those threads that made certain pessimists look foolish. I miss seeing that done. It is good that such impatient, always pessimistic wet-blankets be embarassed for being such fair weather fans. Those who were predicting a terrible year for Beckett back in March should have their threads and posts hung out on the clothesline for all to see now. Do you get my point or is this being DEVISIVE. According to the Harness edict or prime directive - let all of the pessimists, skeptics, cynics, and "doom and gloomers" monopolize the forum since statistics show that they are the lifeblood of a successful forum. Let the loyalists, faithful, and optimists sit quietly in the back row. The fraternity of old codgers knows best - or do they?
    Posted by Your-Echo

Fantastic baseball post there pike.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

There was a group of about five posters led by the Jims who would bring to the top those threads that made certain pessimists look foolish. I miss seeing that done. It is good that such impatient, always pessimistic wet-blankets be embarassed for being such fair weather fans. Those who were predicting a terrible year for Beckett back in March should have their threads and posts hung out on the clothesline for all to see now. Do you get my point or is this being DEVISIVE. According to the Harness edict or prime directive - let all of the pessimists, skeptics, cynics, and "doom and gloomers" monopolize the forum since statistics show that they are the lifeblood of a successful forum. Let the loyalists, faithful, and optimists sit quietly in the back row. The fraternity of old codgers knows best - or do they?
    Posted by Your-Echo

Now that's funny. Kudos for wit.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Kim is extremely intelligent and disdains game playing. She calls it like she sees it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Posted by Your-Echo

I'm not disagreeing with the high-lighted. But the fact is, this board isn't isolated to what you or I enjoy. It's predicated on free speech. That means all sides of an issue are open for discussion. Just because you and I don't care for the constant bashing doesn't mean BDC will placate us.

And the fact I don't want to play wanna-be cop paints me black in UR mind. That's really sad. What is far more disingenuous is your constant allusions to the negativity via poster bashing. If you debated the nature of the subject matter instead, you'd actually have some credibility here. Perhaps then you wouldn't have to create so many identities to voice UR agenda.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Mods, simple question :   As long as you disregard Kim, who wants anyone with an opinion other than hers/his to be censored, life will be good.
    Posted by prknsdnld

You are as bad as Burrito. An explanation was given to explain
    thread closure, and you bring to her your petty complaints.
    You obviously ignore the fact that BDC has implemented an ignore tab.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 5/29/2008
    Last: 7/5/2011
    Hey, folks, we close threads after a day to prevent bumping by the trolls. Happy to re-open any you want to activate; just email community@boston.com.

We also delete threads that have fewer than 10 comments after a day. This is such an active forum that not garnering at least 10 comments doesn't seem like a discussion worth archiving. I can change that criteria to 3 days if you want. Let me know.

Thank you very much!  Information makes sense. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Can someone explain this to me in a more simpler manor? I still don't get it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

What don't you get?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Hey, folks, we close threads after a day to prevent bumping by the trolls. Happy to re-open any you want to activate; just email community@boston.com. We also delete threads that have fewer than 10 comments after a day. This is such an active forum that not garnering at least 10 comments doesn't seem like a discussion worth archiving. I can change that criteria to 3 days if you want. Let me know.
    Posted by BDCDottie

That's awful news for positive threads. The negative threads clearly get the most responses here, and, usually, aren't even started by Sox fans. That would also mean most of the archived threads are negative. It would seem like posters on Boston.com never say anything positive about their team. There's also posters who don't post everday. So, I would think three days would certainly be better than one if there's going to be a limit.

IMO there has to be a better way to control the bumping. It just seems to me that after all these years we're still dealing with the symptoms instead of fixing the problem. I've never even heard of this bumping problem on any other site.  Maybe they can find out why other sites don't have this problem.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Hey, folks, we close threads after a day to prevent bumping by the trolls. Happy to re-open any you want to activate; just email community@boston.com. We also delete threads that have fewer than 10 comments after a day. This is such an active forum that not garnering at least 10 comments doesn't seem like a discussion worth archiving. I can change that criteria to 3 days if you want. Let me know.
    Posted by BDCDottie

I understand it now, thanks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Mods, simple question :   As long as you disregard Kim, who wants anyone with an opinion other than hers/his to be censored, life will be good.
    Posted by prknsdnld

...Said the Yankee fan who sole purpose on this board seems to be to go after Beni, anyone you believe to be Beni, and anyone that says anything negative about the Yankees. I've never seen you in ANY other discussions on the board.

This is a Red Sox site. If you don't want to read negative things about the Yankees find a place where they don't have them.

As far as censoring, you're talking to a mod on BDC who knows I've only reported two posts...one that Babe put up an article bashing citizens of Boston who weren't even on the board (which remained). And a second recently when Pinstripezac posted mocking pics of me on the board (which remained). 

Both of those posts, IMO, should have been removed. This shouldn't be a place where Yankee fans can come and post slamming articles on the people of Boston, and mocking pics of Boston fans posting on their own team's board.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Kim is extremely intelligent and disdains game playing. She calls it like she sees it.  -- Yourecho

------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Can someone explain this to me in a more simpler manor? I still don't get it.
    Posted by BurritoT

I hate to do this to you, B, but is "More Simpler Manor" like "Wayne Manor" or "Badde Manors Cafe"???

:o)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Ugh, not again. I type to fast... o wait I mean too fast.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Ugh, not again. I type to fast... o wait I mean too fast.
    Posted by BurritoT

Just pulling your leg.  It was an easy gag ...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am a grammatical mess. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Kim is extremely intelligent and disdains game playing. She calls it like she sees it.  -- Yourecho ------------------------------------------------------------ Thank you.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Kim, how do you like Your-echo (Pike's) avatar?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I am a grammatical mess. 
    Posted by BurritoT

Self-induced insults do save time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Mods, simple question : Kim , how do you like Your-echo (Pike's) avatar?
    Posted by harness

I asked him why he had it, and he didn't respond. My feeling is that, he's a Sox fan, and the pic looks like someone walking along side of Beni. Also the name "your-echo" when you think about it, sounds supportive. It doesn't seem the same way as the mocking pics Zac, a Yankee fan, puts up.  Also Zac has posted mocking pics of Beni, other posters and Red Sox players from as far back as I can remember.

That's my honest opinion about it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

It doesn't seem the same way as the mocking pics Zac, a Yankee fan, puts up. Also Zac has posted mocking pics of Beni,

and pike just keeps shoveling it

that's is one of those pics zac mocked betty with

you  reported it and I got booted

then you saved it for a yr

and  used it on your -'' your-echo'' acct

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It doesn't seem the same way as the mocking pics Zac, a Yankee fan, puts up. Also Zac has posted mocking pics of Beni, and pike just keeps shoveling it that's is one of those pics zac mocked betty with you  reported it and I got booted then you saved it for a yr and  used it on your -'' your-echo'' acct
    Posted by pinstripezac32

When you don't know you're talking to a female, it usually means you don't have any contact with any and they're foreign to you.  And if your post is true, that just means ALL mocking pics of Beni have come from the same source -- a middle-aged Yankee fan who polices a Red Sox forum 24/7 hunting for anyone who says anything negative about his favorite baseball team. Sad.

Btw, did you forget you were posting under your PinstripeZAC name?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Mods, simple question : When you don't know you're talking to a female, it usually means you don't have any contact with any and they're foreign to you.  And if you're post is true, that just means ALL mocking pics of Beni have come from the same source -- a middle-aged Yankee fan who polices a Red Sox forum 24/7 hunting for anyone who says anything negative about his favorite baseball team. Sad. Btw, did you forget you were posting under your PinstripeZAC name?
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Beyond allegiance, this statement fits Pike (the poster Your-echo) to a tee.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Mods, simple question : Beyond allegiance, this statement fits Pike (the poster Your-echo ) to a tee.
    Posted by harness

It's a shame you don't see the Yankee fans, like Zac, who come to your house, open up a suitcase, throw all their stuff all over the place, say they are staying 24/7, and are going to comment on everything that's said or done there. How spending your time in a negative way like that as opposed to a positive way of being in your own house seems normal, I'll never get.

Sections
Shortcuts